BMW diesel engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sewell

Club Guest
Just wanted to know what type of engine oil that normally use in our BMW diesel engine. is it the engine oil same as our normal petrol car?

AB guys say they are using Petronas Syntium Fully Synthethic, same as petrol.

BMW LL-04 is formulated for diesel ... So any oil that is LL-04 approved should be good to use regardless of the brand.

gameover;641429 said:
Petronas Synthium is LL-04 approved.

:top: spot on bro ... :biggrin: thumb rule is simple for care of engine, never go below than the recommended graded oil. If manual says 0W40, u can use up to 5W or even 10W, depending on the age of car but never go below than the recommended 40 (5W 40 n not 5W 30). :biggrin:

I noticed that there is no Engine Oil check in the 320D iDrive. How do we know if the oil is sufficient or running low?

3er;641467 said:
I noticed that there is no Engine Oil check in the 320D iDrive. How do we know if the oil is sufficient or running low?

bro - we have *drumroll*...... a dipstick! :4:

no joke. the designers put it back into the N47T. so we get to check our oil levels the old fashioned way. good practice to open up the hood every so often too, to check for leaks, give it a wipe etc etc.

Maniac;641487 said:
bro - we have *drumroll*...... a dipstick! :4:

no joke. the designers put it back into the N47T. so we get to check our oil levels the old fashioned way. good practice to open up the hood every so often too, to check for leaks, give it a wipe etc etc.

!!
Yay!

:)

3er;641467 said:

:listen: if you are low on oil, a warning sign will display at the console :biggrin:

kawei;642394 said:
tried to check their website, doesn't indicate its a LL-04 compliance oil.:stupid:

Retail synthium is different from the synthium long life barrels at the BMW service centers

Check the pli site above this post... There's synthium 3000 and a separate synthium 3000LL

The ll04 oil is synthium 5000. Ll01 synthium 3000.

MyUDM;694298 said:
Am using Mobil Delvac 1..5W-40
for my 2004 - 530D M57N
Bro! U change only engine oil...???

Me change ATF oil sump pan & ZF ATF oil & engine oil.
Now still idling when wanna change the LSD Axel oil which is damn pricey! 1.5liter (0.5lite per bottle $200/bottle)..

Bro! you will get hook once you get an oil burner..!! 530D from inside cabin you wont heard any noise at all.....!! Only from outside you heard little noise BUT WHO CARES.......?????
bm268;694729 said:
wat is ur comment for 530d? quite noisy?

bm268;694729 said:
wat is ur comment for 530d? quite noisy?

SeanWoos;694859 said:
Bro! you will get hook once you get an oil burner..!! 530D from inside cabin you wont heard any noise at all.....!! Only from outside you heard little noise BUT WHO CARES.......?????

very true Sean, the 6 in-line-train is definitly a lot quieter and smoother than the 4 pot of the F10 and the E90 :top: ... but like you said it bro, even with the noise, who cares, especially when ride of its class from other make, plays catch-up with our oil burner .... :4: :top:

Top Bottom