Bimmerfest Malaysia?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bimmerfest sounds good and an excellent idea....

i think it would be better if someone "member" from here plan it out and then we as committee will definately give you guys a helping hand.

firstly lets be more constructive rather than looking towards the past issues that had long gone.

Basically i don't see any problem for this matter.

Any1 care to take the lead for this ???

ANXIOUS ---> how care to take lead for this as this was your idea..?

JYazid;196173 said:
Let's make this Bimmer Fest happen...........yes?

2. Jerman
3. initialM
4. StRat
5. gagak

cukup sampai di sini ..... maaf to Loke & Fahmi and 2 others. Should you sibuk-sibuk to organised, become the commitee la ....

What is the commitee for ? All these organising events for members, never in their planning ke? ....... ooopppss.... tersalah cakap ...... memang tak pernah plan pun or tak plan pun ....... yelah ....... for the past 1+ year? ......
so .... what is the commitee for? .......... beauty pagent? .... bukan ...... the answer always ..... 'since you have the idea, we the commitee giving you the honour to organised it' ..... hehehehe...... hahahahaha

kalu nak marah .... pun takpe .... marah le ..... a lot of people will agree with me ...

YAzid

datuk sri YAZID..stay cool brother .... me understand you lorrr ...

of course committee is doing something larrr...just like AD , there are also members that participated.
Just like the 1st IAD ...i was not even a committee yet at that particular time,but have participated and made sure it happen....
So just like this bimmerfest larrr ....lets see who would like to take lead of this event ...kan bagus ? relax larrr

Hi, i'm a new member. Just bought a E36 half year ago. Stil have many question on my car and i love your idea very much cause can join u all : ) but, is the Bimmerfest in Penang?

Big meets like these are a pain in the a$$ to manage and plan.

But when it comes together its awesome...

I co planned/managed a reasonably sized meet last October. There were loads of planning and campaigning to do. No detail was too small. The key is to give the attendees a reason to show up. In our case, we solicited sponsorship support from a local dealership to provide food and merchandise. We also planned out a rallye route. UDM owners are always so keen for a lively drive.

Actually, the bimmerfests in the US started the same way. They had a humble beginning, meeting up at BMW of Santa Barbara in CA.

Oh and the other thing is, keep things simple. If you overplan you'll overlook the social dynamics of the meet/attendees. Without that, you got nothing.

Anyways, some pics to get you all excited...

Fyi, 50 cars made it out from 2 different communities.

DSC04090Small.jpg

wolftraplineSmall.jpg

DSC03297Small.jpg

DSC_0036Small.jpg

DSC03228Small.jpg

DSC03295Small.jpg

Phwaahhh.. KL2DC.. awesome day, it must have been :D Thanks for da pics..
When are you going to DC2KL to help us all plan this out?

ooihk.. Don't need to wait for BimmerFest la.. you can always join the Penang TT :p

StRat;196499 said:
Phwaahhh.. KL2DC.. awesome day, it must have been :D Thanks for da pics..
When are you going to DC2KL to help us all plan this out?

ooihk.. Don't need to wait for BimmerFest la.. you can always join the Penang TT :p

You guys don't need my help lar...

Like I said, keep things simple and make sure that everyone has a reason to go. In our case some of the people wanted:

- To go meet other enthusiasts
-Drive around in a pack like a madman
-Get some pictures taken
-Came only for the sponsored free gift basket (various BMW merchandise/apparel)
-Came for the free food

We incorporated a meet and greet, group pic opportunity, individual pic opp, driving rallye, dealership meet, lunch, raffle drawings, test drive of new 335i sedan and coupe, M6 demo and gift basket. We also arranged for a tech discussion. Oh we also had a car of the meet competition.

In your case you'd want to throw in a concours in various categories, can be done during meet and greet phase of the meet.

FYI given the right incentive, folks would come. Like that saying..."If you build it, they will come". We had some people drive 3 hours just to make the meet.

Btw be sure to get sponsors, it starts to get expensive quickly.

IMG_4523Small.jpg

DSC_4050Small.jpg

And never forget, at the end of the day its all about the camraderie.
23Small.jpg

Oh be sure to have a solid media coverage plan (photos, video..the works)
IMG_0086-2.jpg

Great pictures, KL2DC............majority of them E90s......hmmm......

Jerman;196535 said:
Great pictures, KL2DC............majority of them E90s......hmmm......

LOL yeah...didn't you get the memo? E90s Rock!

It was an e90post and m3forum joint meet....biggest in our area.

JYazid;196074 said:
mmmm BimmerFest .... whole day events ... thats a great idea..

but sometimes I pity the commitee/organiser .... because when the plan some events .... .... out of 4000 members only few coming .....not even 50 cars. If the number hit 100 the organiser can 'kenduri' already.....

not to mention un-glamour events like TT, Charity Drive ...... dapat 20 cars can 'sembahyang' already ..

even Grand Annual Dinner also need to beg members to attend .....

....then BimmerFest ke ....... ? one thousand and one excuse will be given .... kucing beranak, grand-mother pass away, father getting married and all sorts of excuse...... that is BMW Club members attitude ... chehhhh ..... cakap pandai but never support the club activity ....

Hoi batak gua dah boring kat KOREA ni .. soli gua kacau..so far i've seen only 2 5 ers' since i've been here now im in a city called INCHEON..ha ha ha

ICEman63;196552 said:
Hoi batak gua dah boring kat KOREA ni .. soli gua kacau..so far i've seen only 2 5 ers' since i've been here now im in a city called INCHEON..ha ha ha

Orang korea bawak KIA jek kekekeke.

Aisay bro sok wa naik KL la. Bila lu balik? Aritu wa dgr lu HH kat HB:p

JYazid;196173 said:
Let's make this Bimmer Fest happen...........yes?

2. Jerman
3. initialM
4. StRat
5. gagak

cukup sampai di sini ..... maaf to Loke & Fahmi and 2 others. Should you sibuk-sibuk to organised, become the commitee la ....

What is the commitee for ? All these organising events for members, never in their planning ke? ....... ooopppss.... tersalah cakap ...... memang tak pernah plan pun or tak plan pun ....... yelah ....... for the past 1+ year? ......
so .... what is the commitee for? .......... beauty pagent? .... bukan ...... the answer always ..... 'since you have the idea, we the commitee giving you the honour to organised it' ..... hehehehe...... hahahahaha

kalu nak marah .... pun takpe .... marah le ..... a lot of people will agree with me ...

YAzid

Ha ha ha gua kat KOREA pun agree sama lu bro..sini weather cold bout 2 degree hot hot pun kena sejuk terus cooool down..:D :D :rolleyes: :D

i dont bother who arrange whether ORGANIZING COMITTEE ke bukan OC ke , i will alwz support our beloved club's events.........NEUTRAL

Bailey;196650 said:
i dont bother who arrange whether ORGANIZING COMITTEE ke bukan OC ke , i will alwz support our beloved club's events.........NEUTRAL

Its a waste you're not in politics.. :eek:

Hahaha.. Wei guys, on this thread alone also got 30 cars already la.. Who says we can't have BimmerFest? :confused:

guys, don't be shy. Even before I became the committee, I have help organised the first grand TT.

It's the committment and love for the roundel that we want to promote.

The committee encourage any members to organise any event whether big or small. (as long it is not illegal).

ps.. thanks to albundy and alvin who have also contributed to make the first Grand TT happened.

ICEman63;196552 said:

gua Jawa bukan batak ....... ayat mau betul ..........

..... souvenier wa jangan lupe ...

Hmmm.......Bimmerfest.....brilliant idea!

However has anyone considered the logistics and costs involved in realising such an event?

Why not concentrate on supporting the club and its events before choosing such a large-scale endevour?

Anyway, the upcpming event will be the official launch of the BMW Club Malaysia. Let's see how this goes. I truly believe in the old saying: "learn to walk, before you learn to run..."

Cheers

kevster30;196750 said:
Anyway, the upcpming event will be the official launch of the BMW Club Malaysia. Let's see how this goes. Cheers

Ye ke ..... bile ..... ade ke ...... kat mane .......
..... at last ..... ingatkan tak jadi or NATO again.

Kite tengok siapa yang datangggggg ....... !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom