Bimmerfest Malaysia?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
Guys, Has the committee thought of organising a Bimmerfest Malaysia? I know you have your annual Grand TT but what about having a whole day festival on Bimmers. It could be held open area able to accomadate a few hundred cars. It should be held on a Sunday during say year end school holidays.....could even be a tourist attraction. Participants can take part in a BMW concours contest. There could also be an autojumble or car booth sale where participants can sell/exchange parts,books, magazines, collectables etc. I've read that the Great Britain BMW Club UK organises an annual Bimmerfest at Gaydon in August every year. In Malaysia I've heard of Bugfest see http://star-motoring.com/news/story.asp?file=/2005/10/2/ms_features/20051002102005&sec=ms_features So guys lets have a Bimmerfest Malaysia......it'll be fun! Cheers

It would be nice to have it here in own country. Use to see in mags from UK.
It would be great attraction and boost to the club.

P/S: Can oso exchange poison among participant:p

mmmm BimmerFest .... whole day events ... thats a great idea..

but sometimes I pity the commitee/organiser .... because when the plan some events .... .... out of 4000 members only few coming .....not even 50 cars. If the number hit 100 the organiser can 'kenduri' already.....

not to mention un-glamour events like TT, Charity Drive ...... dapat 20 cars can 'sembahyang' already ..

even Grand Annual Dinner also need to beg members to attend .....

....then BimmerFest ke ....... ? one thousand and one excuse will be given .... kucing beranak, grand-mother pass away, father getting married and all sorts of excuse...... that is BMW Club members attitude ... chehhhh ..... cakap pandai but never support the club activity ....

JYazid;196074 said:

bang,
Tahun 2007 mungkin beza sikit.......members kini lebih matang?
Let's make this Bimmer Fest happen...........yes?

1. JYazid
2. Jerman

Jerman;196075 said:
bang,
Tahun 2007 mungkin beza sikit.......members kini lebih matang?

1. JYazid
2. Jerman

Loke, it will be different if our Sifu XXX organise it ........ but bimmerfest, very big events ... let takl about this after the next event whichever the commitee is organising .... kalu support fr member encouraging ... then we can talk about it ..... otherwise talk kok bolehla ...

Bimmer Fest 2007

JYazid;196077 said:
it will be different if our Sifu XXX organise it ........ but bimmerfest, very big events ...

Calling SIFU, XXX...........

1. JYazid
2. Jerman
3. initialM

i think that the idea proposer should participate in the organising if such event were to be initiated. else, its so easy to suggest and then no one wanna help or particpate. i remember seeing how everyone turned out during the souled out grand tt. it was soooooooooooooo amazing. wud certainly be nice hor if everyone could do dat. in reality.... i dun even see many at the last official tt... pity those who organise and push for ppl to go to the event.

JYazid;196074 said:

but sometimes I pity the commitee/organiser .... because when the plan some events .... .... out of 4000 members only few coming .....not even 50 cars. If the number hit 100 the organiser can 'kenduri' already.....

not to mention un-glamour events like TT, Charity Drive ...... dapat 20 cars can 'sembahyang' already ..

even Grand Annual Dinner also need to beg members to attend .....

....then BimmerFest ke ....... ? one thousand and one excuse will be given .... kucing beranak, grand-mother pass away, father getting married and all sorts of excuse...... that is BMW Club members attitude ... chehhhh ..... cakap pandai but never support the club activity ....

So true! Just look at the last few events to gauge what Yazid is saying! Anyway, I'm done talking and bothering to host ANY event for the members! Been really disappointed by the JB members too often that I'm better off organizing activities for my pals!

Seriously, an event like BimmerFest while sounding nifty and all is not something that you can just do on a whim. I've been to a couple of them while in the UK a while back and the amount of planning, support, participation, dedication & other factors that goes into these wonderful events are just plain amazing! No offence but let's learn to take consistent baby-steps first before trying to turn and burn with the best!

Regards,
VaN.

1. JYazid
2. Jerman
3. initialM
4. StRat

Well, I don't know about the other guys.. or the other non participating members that you guys are whining about.. but if there's a BimmerFest, I'm there :D And should the commitee feel the need to delegate some responsibilities, just give me a buzz :D

1. JYazid
2. Jerman
3. initialM
4. StRat
5. gagak

Vanquish;196094 said:
.......I'm better off organizing activities for my pals! ........... No offence but let's learn to take consistent baby-steps first before trying to turn and burn with the best!

Regards,
VaN.

Kamu memang pandai ........

2. Jerman
3. initialM
4. StRat
5. gagak

cukup sampai di sini ..... maaf to Loke & Fahmi and 2 others. Should you sibuk-sibuk to organised, become the commitee la ....

What is the commitee for ? All these organising events for members, never in their planning ke? ....... ooopppss.... tersalah cakap ...... memang tak pernah plan pun or tak plan pun ....... yelah ....... for the past 1+ year? ......
so .... what is the commitee for? .......... beauty pagent? .... bukan ...... the answer always ..... 'since you have the idea, we the commitee giving you the honour to organised it' ..... hehehehe...... hahahahaha

kalu nak marah .... pun takpe .... marah le ..... a lot of people will agree with me ...

YAzid

haha wa taruk nama sebagai tanda sokongan aje
since we dunno when and where yet

Aiyoh.. don't lar so serious, Yazid bro..
Worst to worst.. these name we taruk, nothing happens then these names can all come out for a good meal and a great drive together la.. heheh.. :D To me, that's still a BimmerFest :D

I agree that a bimmerfest should be held but what is there a list to make this happen?
There is no need to put a list down cause like the list of people that are supposed to show up for events always have last minutes agendas that conflict with the actual plan. I don't think there will be anyone who will oppose this bimmerfest event so there shouldn't be a need to put a list down.

From my past several bimmerfest events in the Northeast U.S. I think it will comprise of lost of car clubs getting together. It would also include lots of tuners and accessories supplier to participate. Without them, it would not be as exciting.

I would suggest you even get the Singapore bimmer club to participate to make this an even larger event. And for this little club to organize this event, I would think it can be a little difficult. Should try to get other clubs to participate and co-organize.

Great idea... but turn out can be difficult. Don't flame me but might I suggest we intergrate our Grand TT to this Bimmerfest event.

Guys my opinion do it at Sepang track. It has all the parking in the world plus u can do time trials for the interested guys plus many other events can be held to make it into a carnival sort.

Top Bottom