Are we living in constant danger?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13 said:
yes we are living in one of the most dangerous country ... these days nothing is safe anymore... that is why i always carry along a weapon with me when i'm out there on the street ..

Okow sorry to hear bout your friends...

i would say 7 against one is just too much.

I do agree 100% with all of u....

Malaysia are getting to much out off hand especially KL & Selangor. Wat gonna happen next, sigh.... :(

Sad to hear about it & some more "MALAYSIA BOLEH" :mad:

Here are some official stats taken from PDRM and its shocking:

For just the first 3 months of 2006, that's right Jan - Mar 2006 there were 56,116 cases, ranging from murder, rape, robbery to break-ins, etc. That's an average of 623 per day...with - death (murder/manslaughter) averaging almost 50 per month.

Take note that these stats are only cases that were reported.

The sad part is, despite all the rhetorics and whatever plans that were spewed out by the authorities involved, nothing concrete has been done. More often that not, there will be an occasional knee jerk reaction. Last knee jerk happened when an UTAR student was murdered at the Wangsa Maju area. *sigh*

Can anyone ask some formula from our neighbour country, Singapore ? Sometimes we have to admit, they are doing a good job for the country security. I dont agree because their country small only so it's safe. There must be some formula.

I just came back from there recently and recalled one of their 8pm news. The main news was about one cat giving birth few kittens and they lost apart. The public urged the policemen to find back the kittens to the poor cat. WTF ?

The Singapore 'formula' would be impossible to implement here.

Singapore is about the size of Ulu Langat + KL.

The budget for law enforcement is much higher.

Plus, other differences much to complicated to get into here.

Singapore is successful in most ways bcos it instilled discipline (and fear) from early age. the education system is better. The police force is stronger and (stricter).
To say that it's smaller, so it can be better managed is true to a certain extent. but it is still the foundation that we lacked. The failure in cultivating a good foundation will not correct itself along the way.

You got be smart (if not the smartest) in order to work for the government in Singapore. Ministers are well paid. The reward system is such that smart people are paid handsomely. So, there is absolutely no good reason to be stupid in Singapore.

tongsatriani said:
I couldn't but have to agree to this topic title...YES! WE ARE LIVING IN A DANGEROUS SOCIETY!!. Why? Simple... the community has evolved.

Crime ways will improve day by day just like how technology, our life, status & every single daily thing.

Our cure as of now is....BE EXTRA ALERT WHILE OUT THERE!!. This is the key factor to our safety. Nothing else! Not even RT, high police pay or hi- tech anti theft or anti snatch will help.

We need to help ourselves by being more vigilant & attentive to surroundings.

We are not living in a society. We are living in a make believe society, the feel good society. RM400,000 car is considered cheap, bribery is a norm, cheating is considered survival and politicians are "just doing their job". Why are we so blind in the first place? There are so many things that are not right and yet we tend to accept as it is. So, what is the solution? There is no solution, actually. God help us all.

The short term solutions, cars taxes have to impose the same like proton, result of bribery will be death sentence, cheating will be jail forever, press freedom and more opposition in the parliment. Politicians will be watch under one roof.

I heard Singapore Prime Minister's pay is SD 200,000.00. Our side is Rm 19,000.00 before tax.

Hell Boyz said:
I do agree 100% with all of u....

Malaysia are getting to much out off hand especially KL & Selangor. Wat gonna happen next, sigh.... :(

Sad to hear about it & some more "MALAYSIA BOLEH" :mad:

Guys,

1 of my customer (Foreigner from Holland) had juz been slashed 3 times with Parangs by 2 Indian guys (drug addict i guess) near at Indonesian Embassy at 12am... last week. Wat gonna happen to all the investor that come to Malaysia :confused:

Now they will hurt u 1st before they rob u coz usually once u are hurt, u will ignore other matters already... This is becoming commonly in anywhere in KL & Selangor and it's no longer safe and be xtra careful especially u with ur wife, GF or Family coz they will even threaten to kill them too, sigh... If u wan the $$$ juz go ahead but dun hurt anyone, it really piss me off :mad:

Nowdays, they use this tactic to rob ( Hurt u 1st then Rob U) :(

So guys, juz be xtra careful:cool:

Yes, its unsafe...no hesitation. Y? Coz nobody gives a flying toss if u're getting robbed...Y? nobody wans to get involved...thats how we have evolved...More to come by 2020...

blackrobe said:
Yes, its unsafe...no hesitation. Y? Coz nobody gives a flying toss if u're getting robbed...Y? nobody wans to get involved...thats how we have evolved...More to come by 2020...

Yup, that's true coz no they practice to own their own bushiness instead of giving a helping hand to others that needed it! :(

In spore, they make full use of their NS (national service) youngsters.
They have NS police, NS army, NS navy and so on. They are really doing their duties and not just lansi in their uniforms. That day I saw one young man in police uniform driving a police patrol (subaru) car!
And after their NS year are over, they can still keep their respective uniforms and can be call anytime to do duties, meaning here that they are all maintain fitted.

Unlike here, our NSes are doing firecamp, picking up litters or something like that. But also keep in mind that spore NS is already 2 generations and us is just a few years. Maybe in the future we are doing the same thing.

Lets just hope that all our NSes not turn out to be criminal with expertise in M16!

Our version of 3 months NS is like what they call summer camp in the US lah... 3 months for NS is actually too short to have any significant impact on one's attitude and behavior. However, it's a start to something better (I hope so).

affan66 said:
singapore good?
wait til Singaporeans leave their country....

if that ever going to happen, maybe just for retirees..buy land in johor and build big big house.

Actually singaporeans also got their own gripes with their Government... different from ours.. Like the chinese saying, "every household has their own verse they can't recite easily" (proverbial saying came from olden china)

affan66 said:
singapore good?
wait til Singaporeans leave their country....

Yeah, tell me about... they go wild... seen it and experienced it! Damn....:mad:

(But not all, just the few....)

flash said:
Yeah, tell me about... they go wild... seen it and experienced it! Damn....:mad:

(But not all, just the few....)

Bro,

It's normal Practice for Singaporeans :D

Top Bottom