any e30 baur or cabriolet owners around?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
james;250313 said:
i am gonna custom my hood locally soon,i have seen 1 unit tht was done,a job done very well,btw i am in kch sarawak.my hood already looking old and dry,the rear screen also blur..customised 1 would cost abt rm 1.4k here in kch,i think would be much less in kl

thanks James will be checking
http://www.sl-convertableroof.com/index111.htm (person in charge is Mr. Sam) this week n will inform u about the price. maybe if we can kautim in group can get better deal...

james;250313 said:
i am gonna custom my hood locally soon,i have seen 1 unit tht was done,a job done very well,btw i am in kch sarawak.my hood already looking old and dry,the rear screen also blur..customised 1 would cost abt rm 1.4k here in kch,i think would be much less in kl
RM1.4K is extremely cheap! I think it really boils down to the materials that' being used. If you go for the original "Mohair" canvas, I don't think you'll be able to get it customised below 3.5K, if anyone has done it cheaper, pls let us know...please. So painful having to spent so much... but can't kedekut on it as the car looks like crap with an old hood leaking all over. The other cheaper option would be to order it over the net, but you'll have the problem of finding someone whose willing to fit it. I'm also from the classic car club and I heard of people buying MGB hoods from the UK and had to still alter it to fit. How about rubber seals for the hood and windows, where to get that? How lar?

ah lian don't worry i know james will sell his car 1 day cos i know him for more then 7 years......he likes to change car

i've call to auto bavaria & asked bout my 89' 325i rear window screen approx RM1.3k++, if complete roof with rear screen bout RM4k++.

Yeah, cabby owners post some pics herelar. Would be great to know how many there are in KL.
Kinaka, is the roof from autobavaria original?

325ic

Hi. I am from JB, its interesting if can gather a trip for cabrioler and baur to some hill ride. :rolleyes:cool.... I have try but it was very limit menber in JB so if your guy can plan something out please do inform me,.

I took out my existing after market PVC soft top and replace a new top for my cab. years ago, its from ebay. Its ori BMW soft top fabric and it was OEM from Califonia, reasonable price but unfortunatly I cant find a good and pro installer so finaly I do it myself and It took me a week time to complete it. haha...its a bit slow but its interesting and good job done. Actury its not a diffricul work. its true.

Please remenber to buy a BMW cabriolet rear PVC window cleaner and protector to clean and protec your rear view window. And soft top cleaner and protector to protec your soft top. Its Important. New top will never trap water and any rain or water will just fly off like a wind screen apply with rain 'X'.:burnout:

Below was how my new top look like and feel the workman ship...not so bad leh...haha..!!!
(if possible never try PVC, its not a right material for soft top usage)
PB111227.jpg

Thanks and happy sharing!!!

jonathan , according to Auto Bavaria , Glenmarrie . Shah Alam .. its original, need one week coz order air freight from germany.

kenny, u bought complete roof or just the black canvas only?

I wonder how to installl if I just buy the canvas. the stiching is not easy man... pls help!

kennytey;252472 said:
Hi. I am from JB, its interesting if can gather a trip for cabrioler and baur to some hill ride. :rolleyes:cool.... I have try but it was very limit menber in JB so if your guy can plan something out please do inform me,.

I took out my existing after market PVC soft top and replace a new top for my cab. years ago, its from ebay. Its ori BMW soft top fabric and it was OEM from Califonia, reasonable price but unfortunatly I cant find a good and pro installer so finaly I do it myself and It took me a week time to complete it. haha...its a bit slow but its interesting and good job done. Actury its not a diffricul work. its true.

Please remenber to buy a BMW cabriolet rear PVC window cleaner and protector to clean and protec your rear view window. And soft top cleaner and protector to protec your soft top. Its Important. New top will never trap water and any rain or water will just fly off like a wind screen apply with rain 'X'.:burnout:

Below was how my new top look like and feel the workman ship...not so bad leh...haha..!!!
(if possible never try PVC, its not a right material for soft top usage)
PB111227.jpg

Thanks and happy sharing!!!

Kenny,

Bila lu mau jual you punya cabrio? Cabutz!! Hehehe

KiNaKa;252493 said:
jonathan , according to Auto Bavaria , Glenmarrie . Shah Alam .. its original, need one week coz order air freight from germany.

kenny, u bought complete roof or just the black canvas only?

I wonder how to installl if I just buy the canvas. the stiching is not easy man... pls help!

Most of the structure is very lasting, normaly you only need to replace the canves soft top. unless serious accident which spoil the frame work.

I change only the soft top and some rubber seal and respray the frame work. The whole top was install using only 3 mathod, it is glue, 4 rebert and screw work. basic instruction manu will given by suppler, you only need to slowly take off the old top and remenber the existing installation process. it will help when you are doing the installation.

I have my owne business to do and only night time and weekend for this installation project so personaly I belive its ok for DIY. Not too worry. somemore your are in KL alot more pro shop can help and to go.

kennytey;252609 said:
ha ha... if one day I got a right offer and at the right time...

Cool.....keep me posted bro. Before I plonked my money on a E39 528i that is. Hehe

chairoger;252667 said:
Cool.....keep me posted bro. Before I plonked my money on a E39 528i that is. Hehe

E39 will be a pratical usage machine,

You will find cabriolet more fun provided keep as weekend use and fun ride.

kenneytey, gave you give us the contact for the soft-top supplier and how much did you pay for it. Since you installed it yourself, you must be really experience with what rubbers and seals that would require changing. Please help!!!

johnathan540;252739 said:
kenneytey, gave you give us the contact for the soft-top supplier and how much did you pay for it. Since you installed it yourself, you must be really experience with what rubbers and seals that would require changing. Please help!!!

John,
kenny bought the soft top from ebay if i not mistaken (refer previous post)
I think i'll probably order those OEM Mohair canvas from UK.
i'm ordering together with my friend's Volkwagen Golf convertible.
he mention those canvas is fix for request model. just install it only.
wanna order together ??? around RM2K ++
i think cheaper if got ppl bring it back from UK.

Kenny,
Thanks alot kenny for the information....
sounds interesting.... i will try it too....
:rock: you man... hahaha

Top Bottom