Annual Dinners' Photos (esp)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ArrioBMW

Club Guest
BMWCM is a prestigeous club. Do you think we should preserve all our AD photos (or even others') for the fond memories in years to come? .. In the blink of an eye, we are walking into 2011 soon.. It's kinda sad we had lost ALL pictures of 2007 & before. Free Photobucket account has its' limitation for bandwidth and limited storage capacity. http://photobucket.com/upgrade Sadly to say the photgraphers had put so much effort to capture all beautiful moments but once it exceeded the storage capacity, the display will be shown only as a link and members/forumers & club guests can't have the access to those pictures. Lots of hardwork and time consuming to reload it back. Please share your thoughts how shall we improve this for the sake of all members/forumers & club guests..and for the CLUB :rock: Should we have a BMWCM general account Photobucket Pro for all official events?

there is alwasy Mr jarance around ..he's got the whole collection of those ...

ArrioBMW;582769 said:
Aiya Bro Ice.. I think you get my point :cool: ...

just ask jarance to burn it on the disc and you'll have the compilation collection of all the AD

okow;582776 said:
All our pics should remain in our forum for all to view.

dude if it's posted via photobucket , then it depends on the account of the user there ....if he deletes it then, there you go ...

ICEMAN 13;582774 said:
just ask jarance to burn it on the disc and you'll have the compilation collection of all the AD

Holy macoroni... Sooooooooooooo sad, I didnt expect you would have such suggestion .... you expect to get everyone to get Unker Jarance to burn? If you were in his shoes, would you? And how sure Jarance has them all?

I started this thread for the sake of all members.. not ME only lah bro.. Don't you want to see those pics of yours once awhile..see the changes :) those laughters and joys of all?

ICEMAN 13;582777 said:
dude if it's posted via photobucket , then it depends on the account of the user there ....if he deletes it then, there you go ...

Bro Bhai, apparently thats not the case and photobucket has sort of a time period for hosting pics (probably 3 years only). All pics prior to that will be lost unless its uploaded again. I seached for some of our old pics and there arent there anymore. :(
We should archive them.

ICEMAN 13;582777 said:

Go back and read my thread word by word... sorry. If you have nothing good to suggest for the sake of all members... stay out of my thread to make it clean. This is not disrespect... but make it simple, fun for newbies & all to suggest. If you dont agree to what I had suggested for the club and still insist Jarance to do the job..Well, calling Jarance... :p

Just out of curiosity, it's good to know who really CARE for those LOST MEMORIES. If we don't do something with it, soon your pic will be lost too...

If we have those pics,... those are the HISTORY of the CLUB. We can gauge how much we have improved therafter.. and continue the journey.

Solution!

1. Pay extra $$ to our web hosting company to get extra storage.
2. Appoint a volunteer to handle the upload. Someone trust worthy [because a "mistake" will wipe out the entire forum], need not be a committee member since all MC are busy with personal matters. In fact, it's not that difficult because its just CTRL-C and CTRL-V, kao tim! This is only true if photographers provide the CD. If must go the forum to right click and save, then its a lot of work. Some will be in Facebook, some will be on Flickers. Some more the Photobucket, Facebook, Forum and Flickers uploads are of low resolutions.

Things to consider:
1. What resolution to upload? if all uploaded as RAW format, storage is gonna be costly.
2. This is actually an archive as its not open to all member to upload. Even signing up a Photobucket Pro works the same way, only one a/c, one user, not for all.

Benefit over Photobuket that by using our own web hosting provider, we not subjected to Photobucket's policy, which we are not in control.

Thank you Arrio for his wonderful suggestion, money is not a big issue as club can afford it but its only possible if we get a trusty volunteer to manage the archive. Can continue to talk about it here to establish the role and responsibility of this Photo Archive Person-in-charged, or discuss in the coming AGM where each suggestion can be voted as well to see how many volunteer for the task.

AB

ArrioBMW;582812 said:
Just out of curiosity, it's good to know who really CARE for those LOST MEMORIES. If we don't do something with it, soon your pic will be lost too...

If we have those pics,... those are the HISTORY of the CLUB. We can gauge how much we have improved therafter.. and continue the journey.

Most of those who care, will make sure they attend as many events as possible and make sure their face/ride are both in the photos and in their own camera.

AB - good suggestion and workable solution. Stuff of legends!!!

Arrio - top marks for preserving the Club's history. Myself only 1 year old...but surely would like to understand the beginnings of the Club and where its headed to :rock:

Cheerio - S

ArrioBMW;582785 said:
Go back and read my thread word by word... sorry. If you have nothing good to suggest for the sake of all members... stay out of my thread to make it clean. This is not disrespect... but make it simple, fun for newbies & all to suggest. If you dont agree to what I had suggested for the club and still insist Jarance to do the job..Well, calling Jarance... :p

alright ..i'll stay out of ya thread and you too ...but you took a quote of mine adress to OKOW and not to you ... !!!

astroboy;582816 said:
Solution!

1. Pay extra $$ to our web hosting company to get extra storage.
2. Appoint a volunteer to handle the upload. Someone trust worthy [because a "mistake" will wipe out the entire forum], need not be a committee member since all MC are busy with personal matters. In fact, it's not that difficult because its just CTRL-C and CTRL-V, kao tim! This is only true if photographers provide the CD. If must go the forum to right click and save, then its a lot of work. Some will be in Facebook, some will be on Flickers. Some more the Photobucket, Facebook, Forum and Flickers uploads are of low resolutions.

Things to consider:
1. What resolution to upload? if all uploaded as RAW format, storage is gonna be costly.
2. This is actually an archive as its not open to all member to upload. Even signing up a Photobucket Pro works the same way, only one a/c, one user, not for all.

Benefit over Photobuket that by using our own web hosting provider, we not subjected to Photobucket's policy, which we are not in control.

Thank you Arrio for his wonderful suggestion, money is not a big issue as club can afford it but its only possible if we get a trusty volunteer to manage the archive. Can continue to talk about it here to establish the role and responsibility of this Photo Archive Person-in-charged, or discuss in the coming AGM where each suggestion can be voted as well to see how many volunteer for the task.

AB

Most of those who care, will make sure they attend as many events as possible and make sure their face/ride are both in the photos and in their own camera.

YEah it is pretty cheap. There are other better options than Photobucket like Flickr and Smugmug (which has a pretty good anti theft software) all for like RM100 a year.

I would suggest in all official events, an official Photog be appointed whether in drives, charity events, Annual Dinner and etc. He/She can pass the photos to the CM for it to be uploaded to the hosting site and it takes very little effort which I think anyone can do easily. The link to the club's hosting site can be posted in the forum mainpage for all to see and also to promote the club activities in the future.

Cheers

Anymore suggestion on where we should store our archive? Pros and Cons?

Arrio: Photobucket, US$1.87/month
ALBundy: Flickers, Smugmug, about RM100/year, good anti theft software

Action plan:
1. to decide where to host and why?
2. to seek MC or OM approval?!
3. if approve, MC to arrange sign up or one of you to sign up and pass us the bill, user name and password for us to take over.

Suggested photo resolution?!

AB, the photo resolution would be down to the photographer's camera and setting. Most of these hosting sites do not accept RAW files. Even I also load up only JPEG files to Flickr and keep the RAW files on my portable hard disk.

And since these pictures are mainly for web usage/viewing, just resize it to 800 (whether landscape or potrait mode) should be sufficient for all to view it on the screen.

AB,

What's the used & free totals of our server capacity now, and how much extra would we need to pay for additional storage?

berserkdroid;582873 said:
AB,

What's the used & free totals of our server capacity now, and how much extra would we need to pay for additional storage?

1. I don't have the details because I don't have admin rights.

2. will check..

Btw, our web hosting company is Fivio: http://fivio.com/

Yup, better do something bout it me mates.

My photos are in my laptop and as well as PB. But those for Hard Rock Cafe, Annual Dinner party photos.. Its still in my PB, but not anymore on our forum and its would be just too tedious to upload all those photos back in again.

Lets get constructive here and leave all nick knacks out of this thread. At times we just need to be serious bout some stuff.

Top Bottom