Advise on Getting an E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
iceman.. dowan lah... coz no time lah...

prefer to upgrade straight to 325i... hee..hee...

Now trying to get market price so that can nego properly.. also checking out the finance package and average cost for maintenance. Petrol no problem cos seldom drive my e36. (company van and driver to send to work and back to apartment)

jarance;336658 said:
iceman.. dowan lah... coz no time lah...

prefer to upgrade straight to 325i... hee..hee...

Now trying to get market price so that can nego properly.. also checking out the finance package and average cost for maintenance. Petrol no problem cos seldom drive my e36. (company van and driver to send to work and back to apartment)

unker if that's the case ..then better go for the 320i 2.2 6 cycl ....M-sport japan re-cond .... more better ..no need to mod further and moreover...

Roadtax rm 521 - 200 = rm321 .....

goodies ....come with it ...sun-roof , m tech seats , 245 rear tyres and so on .....

jarance;336664 said:
iceman, you also looking at upgrade?

So how much is the 3201?

unker for me time is not on my side yet to upgrade ...

how much ....rm 150K ++ ..... my buddies just got one a few weeks ago ...

320i M-sport with sunroof , bodykit , m-tech seats .....

infact the 320i 2.2 is kindda rare and hard to obtain .....

jarance;336614 said:
time to upgrade? hee..hee:wink:..

to be honest im very happy wt my E36 328i, only the minyak.. sakit!!

even if i upgrade, not the E46 as its almost the same as E36, just a diff body and some minor tweaking here and there!! so there's nothing new to meddle wt. i will surely keep this car and if sell, will be within family members.

at the moment im eyeing for a AR 156 2.5 V6 to add to my collection, price seems to be right and very tempting, but at times the E39 530i is also running on my mind, thats after seeing Mafia's new baby:top: on top of that, im not ready to invest more than a 100K for any of my cars, just a little too much for me not to mention the re-sale value...

by all means E46 is also a brilliant ride, i've seen some drop dead gorgeous ones on the road, must be some members here.

good luck mate...

ICEMAN 13;336666 said:
unker for me time is not on my side yet to upgrade ...

how much ....rm 150K ++ ..... my buddies just got one a few weeks ago ...

320i M-sport with sunroof , bodykit , m-tech seats .....

infact the 320i 2.2 is kindda rare and hard to obtain .....

bro,
RM150k++ for unreg right? What year, '03?

I went to have a look at a silver E46 320i, that was advertised in this forum, about 1 month ago. Silver color, recon and was only used from August 2007. Interior is practically like new car. It's year 2002/07. No leaks, only front right bush needs changing. Car was selling for RM118k. Not bad, it's 175hp but I friend decide not to take it. Not sure if it's still available.

Saw the car yesterday. Tiptop condition..

No sludge problem.
No window problem.
18" rim..
sprint booster install.
other stock.

Owner take good care of the car.. He also own a M3 softop.

Yes, he also mentioned that the control need to be changed every 8 months due to the hardness of the suspension. Recommend to change to M3 spec to make it last longer when it is due.

The car is SE and it was the last batch of the E46.

Now gatal... have to convience home minister now...

How to convience home minister in a nice way...

take minister for nice holiday in new car...or berlian, sure can 1...haha

best wishes for a quicky approval...

cheers..

jarance;337730 said:
Now gatal... have to convience home minister now...

How to convience home minister in a nice way...

by what bro sachseelan mentioned below ...who know maybe your Home minister may approve for an E60 .... he he he he ..now that's a BONUS for you lerrrr

Sound like an idea.. berlian sudah ada banyak..

Local holiday. tak mahu.... Oversea holiday (Europe) ... may considered... :cry:

E60... beyond budget...

Crymson;337455 said:
bro,
RM150k++ for unreg right? What year, '03?

I went to have a look at a silver E46 320i, that was advertised in this forum, about 1 month ago. Silver color, recon and was only used from August 2007. Interior is practically like new car. It's year 2002/07. No leaks, only front right bush needs changing. Car was selling for RM118k. Not bad, it's 175hp but I friend decide not to take it. Not sure if it's still available.

The e46 320i is a great car to modify due to the 6-potter.. :D Make it 2.5L or 3.0L also nobody can tell.. :p

The underground folks like to call this curi makan.. :p

AB... agreed... low roadtax but high displacement...

sh...... these kind of things we do not discuss in open forum but at TT...

Bro Jarance,

Since ur keeping yr E36 better to get E39. E46 not much different from E36 except body style. Now I'm in dilemma what car to buy after sold my E36. Look & test drive fews E46 but I feel my E36 tighter. Sumore condition oso not as good as my 11 yrs old E36.:stupid:
Actually eyeing for E60 in 3 yrs time so I hv no choice but getting an E46 for the time being:smokin:

IM, thinking of E60 as well but cannot afford at this moment..

Same like you is best option is E46.. btw my e36 very limited power (316i). so e46 325i is considered reasonable upgrade.

nego the price for 135K for Sport Edition.. but can only get car around Oct as present owner is getting an new Audi A4.

thank for advise.. btw, didn't like the E39... but love the E60..

hi jarance,
so u managed to nego it down by 10k ?..registered 2004? what is the mileage?

sorry too many questions, its just that I have my eye on this too and just wondering how much I shud nego.

Thanks

azahar737;339298 said:
hi jarance,
so u managed to nego it down by 10k ?..registered 2004? what is the mileage?

sorry too many questions, its just that I have my eye on this too and just wondering how much I shud nego.

Thanks

Actually, the car should be low mileage as it driven by the wife to fetch the kids to school. I was kind of distracted by the soft top M3.. More interest in checking out the M3... Most of the time, the owner use an MPV for working. Weekend he drive his M3 for fun.

Owner was kind enough to offer the discount as he can only handover the car in Oct..

Car is manufactured in 2004 but registered in end 2004. It was the last batch before the AB launch the E90.

Price really depends on the condition.. As usual, the buyer want the lowest and the seller want the highest price.

As for me, I didn't nego much because the seller is my wife's friend. :stupid:

i didn't read all the posts in this thread..but I'm just gonna offer my opinion based on the ori topic

first, you should consider only the M54 variants...the least problematic among the E46

if only performance is the issue, u should only choose between the b22 or the b30, just skip the b25...why? becoz in terms of performance the b25 is not that much different than the 2.2. Now the 3.0 meanwhile, is just nicer to drive w/ alot of goodies, and fuel consumption wise...not much different than the B25....trust me, i know! And the price of the b30 should be buyer friendly now with the petrol price hike

Of course road tax is another story la...but the pain is only once a year...the daily joy definitely outweigh it :top:

so i say.....either go with the b22 or straight to b30

my 2 centimos!

Bro Shaifulo,

M54B22(170HP) & M54B25(191HP) power not much different? Care to elaborate more? Any chasis crack problem for M54 variant?

Shaifulo is probably right. The 330 is probably the best E46 to get (apart from M3 of course).

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54 wherein it is stated that "The M54B30 was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list through 2001-2003".

I think consumption and maintenance should be pretty much similar to the 325 but you may suffer on depreciation when you try to sell the car say in 5 yrs when the car is 10 years old, but then again I doubt that the 325 would be worth very much more then.

Top Bottom