Advice, comments or review of mod list

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

omegaoracle

Club Guest
So far, after much thought, I'd come up with a "wish list" of mods for my ride.Appreciate any feedbacks, or even better - price indications and where to; 1. Strut bar (vs. anti-roll bar?)2. Air filter ( BMC or Gruppe M?)3. Fox quad exhaust 4. HIOP Std or MTECH ecu apart from the "sweet" sound of the Vanos, air-filter and exhaust - how much horses can i expect? :D

1. Strut bar (vs. anti-roll bar?)
definately ARB! best bang for bucks. the use of strut bars cannot be utilized unless you have strenghtened/upgraded your entire suspension system. if not then its kinda just for looks. That being said, even after my PU bushing, PSS coils, ARB, i didn't notice any difference with or without my Alutec CF strut.

2. Air filter ( BMC or Gruppe M?)
no need either. if you really want, just get a K&N or unifilter. the rest of the money saved, take ya GF for a nice weekend away!

3. Fox quad exhaust
'fox'? eh? i am not familiar with a fox exhaust. please eliberate further.

4. HIOP Std or MTECH ecu
same as number 3. Mtech got different chips?

apart from the "sweet" sound of the Vanos, air-filter and exhaust - how much horses can i expect? :D
er,the cold hard truth; the same amount where you cannot notice any difference.
the sales pitch; 10-15 hp.

yeah dude..get the ARB first.will make a difference that u'll be able to feel.

if u're getting exhaust,get the ECU tuned as well.an axle-back will be just for sound so if u want to feel the power increase,u'll need to get the whole shenny..from the manifold to the backbox.

in the end though,u'll probably get a measly 10-15bhp which u'll get used to very fast.

if it fits ur fancy,by all means.

Daniel said:
1. Strut bar (vs. anti-roll bar?)
definately ARB! best bang for bucks. the use of strut bars cannot be utilized unless you have strenghtened/upgraded your entire suspension system. if not then its kinda just for looks. That being said, even after my PU bushing, PSS coils, ARB, i didn't notice any difference with or without my Alutec CF strut.

That's a definitate vote for ARB then. thanks.
any recommendations on brand, how much, where?

2. Air filter ( BMC or Gruppe M?)
no need either. if you really want, just get a K&N or unifilter. the rest of the money saved, take ya GF for a nice weekend away!

saw and listened to patrick's e46 325i (BHE500) with Gruppe M and Fox quad, the sweetest sound you'll ever hear... kena racun oledi :D hahaha
however, a friend recommended a unifilter.. cheap.. rm200.. but no diff..

3. Fox quad exhaust
'fox'? eh? i am not familiar with a fox exhaust. please eliberate further.

check this out http://www.fox-autotechnik.de/fox-ne...age/BMW-M5.wmv

4. HIOP Std or MTECH ecu
same as number 3. Mtech got different chips?

not chip as i understand it. eprom program for the ECU

apart from the "sweet" sound of the Vanos, air-filter and exhaust - how much horses can i expect? :D
er,the cold hard truth; the same amount where you cannot notice any difference.
the sales pitch; 10-15 hp.

:( dang!! really?

supergripen said:
yeah dude..get the ARB first.will make a difference that u'll be able to feel.

if u're getting exhaust,get the ECU tuned as well.an axle-back will be just for sound so if u want to feel the power increase,u'll need to get the whole shenny..from the manifold to the backbox.

in the end though,u'll probably get a measly 10-15bhp which u'll get used to very fast.

if it fits ur fancy,by all means.

ARB = any info for brand? where? budget?
For ECU = where's the best place to tune?

arb - can get H&R, UUC, eibach, acschnitzer, mtech
budget around 2000-3000

ecu - hiop, hatrge, dms
budget around 2000-3000

on which one to get first, depend what car u r driving.. bigger cc car, get arb first.. plenty if room to utilize the power by upgrading ur handling

exhaust - unless you go FI and/or have very big cc, dun really matter

filter - improve initial response and high end power, the most

Update update..

yesterday after kena more "racuning" from fellow UDMers, looks like the list is;

1. ARB : WTB pre-owned Eibach (budget ard rm450)

2. Air-filter : WTB pre-owned BMC
eerrr.. after witnessing and listen with awe to both the GruppeM & BMC.. *lost*, although i must admit the GruppeM had a deeper throat *wee bit* :p

but since my pockets are not deep enuf, will prob go for BMC with half the price

I've been told - Is it true that GruppeM will give you more Top-end torque, while BMC will give you more Low-end torque? sifus - please advise

3. Quad exhaust
Still looking for Fox in M'sia... anybody out there to help point the way?

4. ECU
any recommendations on best place for this? (will do after 1 to 3 is done)

omegaoracle said:
Update update..

yesterday after kena more "racuning" from fellow UDMers, looks like the list is;

eerrr.. after witnessing and listen with awe to both the GruppeM & BMC.. *lost*, although i must admit the GruppeM had a deeper throat *wee bit* :p

but since my pockets are not deep enuf, will prob go for BMC with half the price

I've been told - Is it true that GruppeM will give you more Top-end torque, while BMC will give you more Low-end torque? sifus - please advise

3. Quad exhaust

4. ECU

4. ECU - check with Calvin Tan

omegaoracle said:
Update update..

hmmmm.... you want the front only or the rear??? Don't think u can get a set at that price.... That's 25% of its retail price when new...

The cheapest around from what I heard is the Whiteline ARB from Australia... about RM1400 new...

fabianyee said:
hmmmm.... you want the front only or the rear??? Don't think u can get a set at that price.... That's 25% of its retail price when new...

The cheapest around from what I heard is the Whiteline ARB from Australia... about RM1400 new...

Hi Fabian,
just the front only... a fellow member just managed to buy a pre-owned at the same price range... so try luck lor...:D just in case anyone wanted to upgrade or itchy to mod..

Stiffer ARB up front will induce more understeer if u retain the stock rear ARB.
ARBs should work in pairs.

I have a pair of the Ireland Engineering adjustable front and rear ARB. Have played around with the different settings, front and rear. Stiffening the front up does indeed induce more understeer. Now tat I've set it to slight oversteer (rear stiff, front middle), it's has much more confident at the corners and loads more fun to drive.

thanks for the advice bro...
wah like that can attack corners liao...
pls let me know if anyone WTS pre-owned

omegaoracle said:
Update update..

3. Quad exhaust

4. ECU

wah bro....how can u say like that wan?? where we got racun u? i think u oreidi racun urself awal awal...we just help u to make a better decision onli...LOL!:D

I suggest you mod the Chasis set up first.Then dicides on the next mods

Locally..I suggest

Obermeier Jalan Ipoh, KL The Real MODs of BMWs. Unker Simon.

Eurocar Motorsport(KL) -Calvin Tan The Monster E30 Guru.

Motorsport Division( Carbon Fibre Stuffs) and the Drive by Wire stuffs??? it really works. pm Adliz or Marco for the product information.

HokoMoto at Bt Cave...good advise on Koni Set up.

Autohaus Design Glenmarie Shah Alam( fromerly known as Future Style) they have the Racing Dyanamics Set up for E46.

AutoFuture Uptown PJ.

then get a good tyres to have fun with it.

As for horsie upgrade..??? Power Doesn't Come Cheap not so fast la.... play around first.Join us for the next HPC event. After that dicides the horsie upgrade.

Dude, Dun let me drive ur car cos I dowan.... Oh yeah Please be advised..!!..dun let The So Call Club Driving Instructor to Drive ur car too....
haha....

After the chasis set up...then get A Manual Tranny dude!!! Which is virtually impossible and extremely rare here in Malaysia la.

Ur M54( I pressumed) stock factory rolled out hp is more then enuf with manual tranny.

Dun you feel cheated..???? Most of the E46 6potters comes with auto tranny...*sigh*

if its not fast enuf....then get The Em!!!!! or

Get a Japs Turbos Cars.

NKTOB said:
wah bro....how can u say like that wan?? where we got racun u? i think u oreidi racun urself awal awal...we just help u to make a better decision onli...LOL!:D

LOL: :D
apa mau bikin? once racun oledi.. see and hear sumore.. lagi kena racun man..
but bro, must admit la... pekena racun dang siok rite?

Zoggee said:
After the chasis set up...then get A Manual Tranny dude!!! Which is virtually impossible and extremely rare here in Malaysia la.

Ur M54( I pressumed) stock factory rolled out hp is more then enuf with manual tranny.

Dun you feel cheated..???? Most of the E46 6potters comes with auto tranny...*sigh*

if its not fast enuf....then The Em!!!!! or

Get a Japs Turbos Cars.

err... forgive me zoggee.. i got lost in zojak (sauce next time let me try ya?)
in english please, i'm not technically inclined.. wat's manual tranny?
mine's M52TUB25
i'm not into the power, i just like it on tap.. just in case kena cucuk :D
never anything other than UDM

omegaoracle said:
err... forgive me zoggee.. i got lost in zojak (sauce next time let me try ya?)
in english please, i'm not technically inclined.. wat's manual tranny?
mine's M52TUB25
i'm not into the power, i just like it on tap.. just in case kena cucuk :D
never anything other than UDM

alamak.......I kena liao.:eek:

well, here goes..Manual Transmission.

Zoggee said:
I suggest you mod the Chasis set up first.Then dicides on the next mods

Locally..I suggest

Obermeier Jalan Ipoh, KL The Real MODs of BMWs. Unker Simon.

Eurocar Motorsport(KL) -Calvin Tan The Monster E30 Guru.

Motorsport Division( Carbon Fibre Stuffs) and the Drive by Wire stuffs??? it really works. pm Adliz or Marco for the product information.

HokoMoto at Bt Cave...good advise on Koni Set up.

Autohaus Design Glenmarie Shah Alam( fromerly known as Future Style) they have the Racing Dyanamics Set up for E46.

AutoFuture Uptown PJ.

then get a good tyres to have fun with it.

As for horsie upgrade..??? Power Doesn't Come Cheap not so fast la.... play around first.Join us for the next HPC event. After that dicides the horsie upgrade.

Dude, Dun let me drive ur car cos I dowan.... Oh yeah Please be advised..!!..dun let The So Call Club Driving Instructor to Drive ur car too....
haha....

Wah... looking it, i scared i cannot stop racuning myself leh..

Is it possible to mod cable to drive by wire? heard its very complex and expansive. comments?

Dun worry, i won't let u drive my ride.. looks like u can't drive straight LOL :p

Top Bottom