My E90 LCI 320d Called Denise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
A few things I learned over the past week and weekend about the installation of the Recaro Race seats.
  • Managing the side airbag sensor, occupancy sensor and for the newer E90 LCI models, the active headrest
  • Most shops which sell race seats have the hardware tools to cancel out the side airbag and occupancy sensor circuits but for the newer BMW models where they have active head rests, that means one additional item to manage.
  • So after installing the race seats and removing my old seats, the shop couldn't figure out how to remove the error code which was the airbag sensor warning light which came on the dashboard and iDrive screen ALL the time
  • I went to a couple of shops who had a diagnostic tool and hoped that by cancelling the error it would resolve all of the issues but that couldn't be done.
Finally I managed to get an appointment with Bimmer Coder, our resident BMW coder in the vendor section and he had a go with the car. After an hour, he managed to fix the issue and I am now a very, very happy man.

In the midst before getting the issue resolved, I managed to also find the BMW instruction guide for their M Performance Semi bucket seats.

View attachment PERF SEAT INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Sample image of what the M Performance seats
IMG_0299_10JL_0.jpg

Beautiful ride and great updates bro. Share more awesome exterior pictures with us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice ride and mods

What's the diff between HnR ARB and Ultra Racing bar? Do ultra racing hv ARB for E92?

InitialM

If i am not mistaken design and diameter of the HnR versus ultraracing have lots of difference.

Also perhaps the weight of it.

initialM said:
Nice ride and mods

What's the diff between HnR ARB and Ultra Racing bar? Do ultra racing hv ARB for E92?
I think they have it for e92 but best to confirm with them on stock. The H&R is stiffer based on the material it is made but the diameter of the bars are the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just did a service on the car today and after trying various brands of engine oil such as Castrol, Ravenol and Liqui Moly, I finally tried out Motul 8100 x-cess 5W-40. Rated as a BMW LL01 engine oil (same rating that the dealerships use) and instantly I can feel that the diesel clatter is a lot less and the engine is a lot quieter. Even my friends who were there with me were surprised that the car was suddenly so much quieter.

655_1.jpg

Of course when fresh oil is used everything feels smooth so I will report back here in a couple of days.

The wish can easily be translated into reality. I saw a buy now button in the website

What are u waiting for? Go for it and be the 1st in malaysia hehe. Bro whats the sign of leak intercoole hose? I saw u change it b4..

FaridZainol said:
What are u waiting for? Go for it and be the 1st in malaysia hehe. Bro whats the sign of leak intercoole hose? I saw u change it b4..
The leak was at the O ring between the joints. Changed them at Wheelcorp in Setia Alam for RM131. It was a small leak, detected it when I sent my car in for a pre track day inspection.

Finally fitted the angel eyes I bought from E92. Took me a while to DIY install them and of course thanks to my very far hands, I sort of scratched it badly.

c15f6d090b06ca27558258610be609e6.jpg

562eaf7bbc1db9bec09f084f96a75354.jpg

f44ceb495fd8287ebfb72ce0473ac28d.jpg

Anyway these are night time shots taken with my iPhone. Will snap day time photos tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look nice & bright..haha..white look modern...but why cant see the ring & the round round like crystal that things. .??

Prinze said:
Bro, was it difficult to diy? Am thinking to do for my e90 as well
Yes, it was very difficult trying to access it from the top. Most DIY videos recommend that you raise the car, remove the front tyres and remove the wheel arch cover in order to access the light but because I saw other shops changed the white angel eyes bulb, then I thought that if they could do it, I could do it hahaha. I also have big hands so trying to fit in the small area was not easy. When facing the car, the left light is easier to install because there is more space there. It is the right side which I had a lot of trouble with.

Seith_C said:
Look nice & bright..haha..white look modern...but why cant see the ring & the round round like crystal that things. .??
That is because the iPhone couldn't capture the right exposure even at night as it was too bright. I saw it during the daytime, slightly dimmer compared to the yellow lights and I could see a spark of white reflection on the car's bumper in front. Will try to take a photo under the sun today.

casper909 said:
Mark what happened to your matte grill?
I got bored of it hahaha. Went back to stock look for a bit of contrast at the front area.

Under the extreme bright sunlight today, the lights are still slightly visible and so far it's the brightest I have seen compared to the light bars or modded headlights.

037d29023eba2a85652902063f9958ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom