ABS & ASC Lights on and Odometer & Fuel Consumption Gauge Not Function - e39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dicsitar

Club Guest
Hi,On several occasions the ABS & ASC lights have come on. When this happens, the odometer and fuel consumption gauge does not function. I have a e39. When car is turned-off and started, all normal. But problem occurs later while driving.My mechanic says need to change the ABS pump / control unit - RM1.4K.Am thinking since the problem is intermittent, could it be some wiring or sensor issue? Read some postings on the forum but did not get conclusive answer. Would appreciate any advice.Thanks.

Check the rear ABS sensor 1st before u pay rm1.4k for the module. Sensor cost around rm300 only.

Same story . Mine will come out while rain . After dry off.. work fine .

Bro 7833 is correct , check the sensors before going for pump.

If your pump fails, it will light up continuously. It could be your abs sensors..get it diagnosed

100% sure your ABS module kong. "When car is turned-off and started, all normal. But problem occurs later while driving." this is early stage...I have face this problem before. Sometime your gbox shift till 3rd gear only or on save mode.

lh rear wheel speed sensor wire harness.......the sensor normally ok but the wire insulation,due to age,will deteriorate.

moots;742427 said:
lh rear wheel speed sensor wire harness.......the sensor normally ok but the wire insulation,due to age,will deteriorate.

you are correct bro..that i what i do first, end up change my ABS module

same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago... just remove your wheel and check the wheel speed sensor wiring harness. It is the one with blue connector. Most of the time the insulation break off and shorted the wire. Just reprotect the wire. and since you got the wheel off, might as well remove the sensor from the hub for cleaning. Most of the time, very dirty. My problem was solved free $$.

Top Bottom