ABS and ASC light on E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
same meaning lah. I kena already when i first bought the car lucky under warranty. Dealer cannot find 2nd hand so he replace brand new. RM3k. lucky me

Anyone knows how to DIY to change the ABS sensor? Any link in website? Tried to search up and down but can not get.

bmw7833;455012 said:
Anyone knows how to DIY to change the ABS sensor? Any link in website? Tried to search up and down but can not get.

wheel sensor or controll unit...

bimmer73;455031 said:

Quoted from the link:

"To replace the ABS wheel speed sensor, the wheel is removed. The sensor is then found near the wheel bearing hub. The sensor is electrically disconnected, removed, and replaced with the new component. In some vehicles the sensor is incorporated with the hub assembly and the entire hub assembly must be replaced."

Still not confident but will try to look out, thanks anway.

Bro actually it a simple job..If you have a jack you don't even need to remove the tyre...just make sure you disconnect it gently and take your time.

bimmer73;455043 said:
Bro actually it a simple job..If you have a jack you don't even need to remove the tyre...just make sure you disconnect it gently and take your time.

Do i need to disconnect the battery?

Just plug and play?

bro, i experience the infamous ASC, ABS christmas light this morning after a heavy downpour last night. followed the instruction u posted, and voila, christmas light gone. thanks for the useful post!

Jerman;406387 said:
bro,
The Owner's Manual stated the following,

Automatic transmission*
Electronic transmission control module
If the indicator lamp comes on and/or if the message "TRANS. FAILSAFE PROG" appears in the Check Control* display panel, this indicates a malfunction in the transmission control system. Bring the vehicle to a stop, select the "Park" position, apply the parking brake and shut the engine off (ignition key position 0). Restart the engine after a few seconds. If the indicator lamp goes out again after a few seconds, the normal transmission functions have been restored. You may continue to drive as usual. If the indicator lamp does not go out, you can move the selector lever to all positions. However, the vehicle will now only drive forward with limited gear selection. You should respond by avoiding extreme engine loads and referring the problem to the nearest BMW center

Your car is unable to engage 1st gear and 5th gear & the DSC light comes on. Follow the instructions stated above. If everything returns to normal, then you are lucky. If not, you need to change the ABS Module/Control Unit

p/s: you are still able to drive the car but go slow and avoid heavy loads as the car is running on limited gears!

transporter;508211 said:
bro, i experience the infamous ASC, ABS christmas light this morning after a heavy downpour last night. followed the instruction u posted, and voila, christmas light gone. thanks for the useful post!

Did you also face TRANS PROG FAIL or the dreaded transmission symbol lighted up?

transporter;508211 said:

Time to change the sensor. :listen:

plug out the abs connector , then u can like normal, only with abs light and otherlight on,, gear will change like normal

@ bimmerholic - No TRANS PROG FAIL and the dreaded transmission symbol DID not lighted up.

@ bmw7833 - u mean the wheel sensor? i heard it can be cleaned rite ?

@ hvb3025 - u mean unplug the four wheel sensor? mine still plugged in but can drive and shift (1-5th) gear like normal.

bad news, the ASC and ABS light came up again.
also, my cruise control went berserk. after i activate it, the speed keep going +/- 10km/h up and down.

transporter;508705 said:
@ bimmerholic - No TRANS PROG FAIL and the dreaded transmission symbol DID not lighted up.

@ bmw7833 - u mean the wheel sensor? i heard it can be cleaned rite ?

@ hvb3025 - u mean unplug the four wheel sensor? mine still plugged in but can drive and shift (1-5th) gear like normal.

bad news, the ASC and ABS light came up again.
also, my cruise control went berserk. after i activate it, the speed keep going +/- 10km/h up and down.

Happened to me before. Mine ABS and ASC light came up. No speed (km/hr), temp, and fuel consumption rate gauges. But my auto cruise still function.

Went to mechanic, mentioned that my left rear sensor kaput,coz no speed. Swap the abs sensor from the right to the left, still the same. Means abs sensor not faulty. Then the culprit is, my ABS conntroller unit. Kena RM1.5k:102:

Hi Wang, now I got the same problem. Perhaps you can provide the workshop address & the mechanic in Shah Alam for me to check/change the ABS sensor.

Thanks

Mine is a E46, my brake light & DSC on a couple of times & went off by itself. Dat was the ABS sensor issue, after changed, it's solved. Not sure if it applies on E39...

Top Bottom