AB BMW Price Reduction?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danc

Club Guest
Heard from some sources that AB will be dropping their prices with Pre-Registered CKD cars for nearly all the range. Here is what I heard:E90 325i - RM 248KE90 320i - Below RM 200KOther cars as well Z4, X3 etc.Anyone can confirm this "rumour"

Wow!

Thats cheap... but i went to AB Sg Besi last week Saturday...Winnie didn't told me about that.

Can anyone confrim that for me too...thanks! :)

Schwepps said:
danc: Sounds good if true! But why would they be pre-registered?

Heard that they need to do it to compete with the Mercs. They are coming to year end and need the numbers (both cars) so they are doing everything they can to get recognised as market leaders in that segment but who knows?? My thoughts are Mercs giving discounts because of phasing out model of the C class, but the E90s are pretty "new". So AB will pre-reg and sell off as "demo" cars with zero milage. But all this is just rumours so not sure. AB has not announced this yet, but this is from an inside source.

If this is true and if I just bought a CKD E90 I would be really pissed!

Interesting way to give a discount! :rolleyes: The year-end numbers pressure is probably very acute this year for all marques except Perodua. Hope it's true :p

Just dug out from C&C that they're also using the "preregistered" route to discount the W203 180K and 230 models, but not the 200K. But you have to dig hard or be known to them to get those units ;)

Schwepps said:
Just dug out from C&C that they're also using the "preregistered" route to discount the W203 180K and 230 models, but not the 200K. But you have to dig hard or be known to them to get those units ;)

Yup,

You need to be "known" in order to be offered the disc. The C 230K Elegence is going for RM 257K, C 230K Avangarde is RM 270K. A disc of about RM 27K. Actually with the Pre-Reg approach the disc given does not eat into their profit, it's because they do not need to pay sales tax for demo cars. So C&C and AB has been doing this for some time now.

But I always thought that was on a very limited scale as they can't register too many cars as demo cars!

I was quoted RM240-250k for the 230K Elegence and RM200-210k for the 180K, and can talk further. Hmmm....I suppose those are the direct competitors to the 325i and 320i.

Further enquiry with my C&C SA: the pre-regs are not registered as demo cars, they're pure pre-regs of 2006 MY cars to sell as "used". Admitted that they're clearing their W203 stock to bring in the W204 as early as possible next year. Promised lunch if I come in to test the 230K (W203? No way hozay, eventhough an SYT buying me lunch is inviting :) )

Let's hope AB reacts to the pressure :p

She just called me back and offered the pre-reg 230K Elegence for RM236K negotiable over lunch. Wow! They're pushing hard man :eek:

Say you own a 2001 E46 325i, bought new. Would you replace it with a pre-reg RM236k Merc C230K? Would the C230K be a good substitute for the E46 325i?

Sorry, I happen to own that 2001 E46 325i and am indulging in some hypothetical what-ifs...

wglee said:
Say you own a 2001 E46 325i, bought new. Would you replace it with a pre-reg RM236k Merc C230K? Would the C230K be a good substitute for the E46 325i?

Sorry, I happen to own that 2001 E46 325i and am indulging in some hypothetical what-ifs...

wg,

I have done a few extensive test drives (about 6 times ;) ) on the C 230K honestly speaking if you like a good ride, with decent handling and pull this car is a good buy. With the C class being around for sometime, most of the bugs has been ironed out and very minimal problems. The only reason I did not go for it is because (1) wifey hates the look as it is very uncleish (2) new model is out by mid next year and the car will really look dated then, seen the new C class? really sleek man:cool: . (3) All this while I have been driving "comfortable" rides so this time a round I wanted to get a "driver's" car. The steering feel of the C is no match for the E90. (4) The kompressor get buzzy when stretched, can be a bit annoying.

Bottomline go try the car, as Schwepps says they are giving free lunch if you come and test drive, on top of that with a SYT:D .........

danc said:
Bottomline go try the car, as Schwepps says they are giving free lunch if you come and test drive, on top of that with a SYT:D .........

Personal to holder, danc, personal to holder :)

It's a very personal decision wg. At RM236, a 230K is a heckuva deal. But I'm with danc about the W203 being dated and the looking swish W204 just around the corner. Personally, I would get the E90 325i instead if AB does reduce the price.

Thanks for your input guys.

The other thing is that the C230K is only a 4 potter compared to the 6 cylinder engine of the E46 325i...

wglee said:

I would say - yes.

The C230K is quite accomplished. Take a drive and you will be quite susprised. True its only a 4-potter but the Kompressor makes up for it by way of torque. Lots of improvements have been made since the prefacelift C200K. It would probably be harder to decide if you were to compare the facelifted post-2002 E46 but going back to your question i would say its a darned good substitute for your 325i. (Note: i deliberately didnt make any comparo with the E90 325i cos i havent driven it at length to make a worthwhile conclusion)

So bottom line guys, did anyone manage to dig out that they can get the AB ppl to confirm the price for new/pre-reg E90 320i price?

New to book one soon leh... bonus out soon... :)

hi all member, i can confirm 1 things is mers benz make alot discount for those car which make in 2005, i was quoted for c230 avangate for only RM240++ only.discount nearly RM40k ya. i think can futher discount... that car come with full spec really nice ha..that salesman told me alot reason why they make so much discount...1 of the reason is need to maintain as top luxury car seller in malaysia..i also went to AB after that and ask those salesman, but they not telling me anything, may be we wait and see...

My SA told me the C230K Elegence pre-regs are 2006 build. I didn't ask about the Avantgardes but they could be 2005. She also admitted they're clearing W203 stocks, so lotsa bargaining is probably on. I think you can get the C180K below RM200k but there are only a few units left. A Merc at below RM200k would make a nice present for wifey so that she'll let you get an E90 ;)

to be fair.. the c230K is wonderful car to drive..the cockpit is nice,plesant'etc.. power is very good.. can go to 240km/h.. petrol cumsumption is very good also..

against the 325i e46.. i will take the c230k..road tax is much cheaper also..

Yes but Merc 4-cyl engines sounds exactly like my washing machine.

Prefer the BMW 6-cyl purr anyday.

Top Bottom