6-cycl VS 4-cycl

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Jipster@Aug 19 2005, 02:22 AM
ssssshhhhhh .....

Jip,

Shud u tell them how WDB XXX - auto gearbox - performs ??
(yeah yeah ... I am also a MANUAL man .. but WDB is a different beast altogeder ... )

Jipster and Flash, please stick to the topic. Flash, if you persist to 'educate' Jipster on the finer points of his car's set-up, start up another thread. Posting up the scanned articles that you mentioned would be beneficial and appreciated by the M20 fraternity methinks.....thank you, thank you......

simple question: has there ever been anyone who graduated to a 6-pot from a 4-pot and then WILLINGLY went back to 4-pot because they didnt like the 6-pot (financial limitations notwithstanding)?

dun think so. honestly, after uv driven 6, a 4 never feels - or sounds - quite right. ;)

flamesuit on, flamethrower at the ready! :D

redd

Originally posted by Redd@Aug 19 2005, 04:27 PM
simple question: has there ever been anyone who graduated to a 6-pot from a 4-pot and then WILLINGLY went back to 4-pot because they didnt like the 6-pot (financial limitations notwithstanding)?

dun think so. honestly, after uv driven 6, a 4 never feels - or sounds - quite right. ;)

redd
Veli true.

I am now "unwillingly" driving my other 4-potty cars for city driving, as the current fuel prices are eating too much into my pocket, if I were to continue driving my E34. :beaten:

But then again, the 4-potty engines of my City and Wira are not the best 4-potty engines in terms of smoothness and power in the first place.

Flamesuit on.... :D

After having tasted the smoothness of the Nissan V6 (300ZX) and the older Maxima (inline 6) during college days. Came back and vowed never to buy a 4 pot equipped car, so my first car in M'sia was the Toyota Cressida GLi6 hehe

I always think divide work load is the best answer.

example to handle 200hp with 6 pot better than leave 4 pot to handle ,

The Maxima which I had for a couple of years have 300k miles on the clock, not a trace of oil burnt and etc. And I didnt even change the engine oil for 2 years. Go figure! :)

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 19 2005, 06:31 PM
Kev,

time to state your opinion, dude.
so what...!!??? :aggressive: I say my 4 potter will outhandles ur Martha... :p

btw,this is Kevster posting... :ph34r:

This is Zoggee; I like having my neh neh pok tweaked, please tweak them for free at the next Puchong TT, I will be wearing a singlet for extra accessibility. Thank you.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 19 2005, 04:01 AM
Kev,

time to state your opinion, dude.
Here goes.......

There is nothing like an in-line six frm BMW.....it is truly an enginnering masterpiece than has no peers IMHO.....the refinement and power delivery is truly stunning! Anyone who has ever driven one knows that it is peerless beginning from the M30 all the way to the S60! This is what sells BMWs.....

In the case of the four cyclinder engines, they are well engineered too but always delivered to the masses in a mundane state of tune. They have never been deliver to the consumer in a high state of tune as their Japanese counterparts. However BMW motorsports have historically proven time and time again what potent potential lurks in the hearts of their four pot motors.

I agree with all those who have expressed their opinions on the issue of balance........at the end of the day it's always the driver, NEVER the machine.

In summary:

6-cyclinder = engineering marvel, once bitten, never forgotten!
4-cyclinder = utilitarian, economical, wins motorsports trophies!

And before I get accused of sitting on the fence:

There are some chassis which work better with the six-potters, whilst others, with the four-pot. There are no absolutes.....for a daily driver and long distance cruisers, give me a six-potter! For tracks days and moments of insane driving, give me a four-potter......

Mr. Neccessary, I hope you find my opinions palatable and in-synch with your hyper-intellect!

Humbly yours....

Kevster30

simple question: has there ever been anyone who graduated to a 6-pot from a 4-pot and then WILLINGLY went back to 4-pot because they didnt like the 6-pot
Me me me me me me. Ironically, I now have four four potters :D

redd
after WJ, i m sad :cry: from letting go my six pot.. now having a 4 pot.. next month must move my other 2 pots from my boot to the front.. :wink:

boo... :cry: hooo... :cry: I have enuf liao... :( ayam aving fun ,my way and being called up and warned..!! is this te way it shud be ah...boo..!! :cry: hoo...!!! :beaten:

trying to say something i believe ,my way,my typical chinaman... :blush: and so call "kopi penyu" can call and warned not to reply to this thread...no wonder got so many splinter groups around.

oi..vp?? sorry ah..!!??

boo.. :cry: hoo.. :cry: boo... :cry: hoo.. :cry: hoo.. :cry:

This is The Necessary, your new Moderator. I think this thread has meandered long enough. The answer is obvious, the best engine configuration is the mystical... 5 cylinder! Neither 4, nor 6, but half of 10! Ya, alright, enough bullshit, I'm going to shut this one down at some random time within the next 24hrs, unless some other Mod beats me to it.

As for those of you with differences in opinions; go for it. Give as good as you get, within reason of course- no overly personal attacks, and make sure it's non-autobahn material. We're all adults, and am sure y'all can take care of yourselves. I want a good clean fight.

Audi had a 5 potter too rite? Wins world rallies with woman driver, rite?

ya-lah, TJ's 2 pot and my 1 pot much more fun...ke ke ke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom