6-cycl VS 4-cycl

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D McLaren F1 BMW V12>Ferrari V12>M5 V10>Ferrari V8>M3 I6>TVR I6..
for 4pots Honda's B16B>Honda's K20C>Alfa TS.. no bimmer engines here!!

:p jet engines..CFM56,flew these engines for 8 years and not even one engine failure. hehe OFF TOPIC!!

4 pot vs 6 pot... that would depend on what one look for in a car and what's ur driving style...

Originally posted by fabianyee@Aug 17 2005, 07:20 PM
4 pot vs 6 pot... that would depend on what one look for in a car and what's ur driving style...
I agree with fabian.... :yes: and cipek..!! :p BMW is not stupid la.

then how can you explain the weight distribution from the BMW ETCC and the BTCC cars

dun tok kok about 4 pot more balance ah...(Fabian,i dun mean you ah... :blush: i agree..!, it balance in term of handling) but lanciau la... :angry: 4 pot no torque wan.. :)

if you guys wanna do comparison...go sepang la.. :aggressive: battle it out there la.. :aggressive: i dun mind being a part of it. :blush:

after driven Alvin's "always in the workshop 320i" :eek: wahlaueh...!! thats wat i call a car...and who says its not balanced? B)

if you got money then you can balance anything you want ma...

4 pot will always be a 4 pot...dun say you can do this and that.!! :p not much you can extract from a BMW 4 pot except from the legendary ..the M engine. :yes:

Originally posted by ALBundy@Aug 17 2005, 12:10 AM
In terms of 4 pot engines, my vote goes to HONDA :)
in its own way, alfa's 4pot is not bad too....the 2cam has been there for ages

Originally posted by ALBundy@Aug 17 2005, 11:50 AM
Off topic, a slight digression...

I think in the the near future (if its not happening already), BMW will be reknowned for the V8 engines! :)
aiyooo, non stop wif the V8,...V8......V8....

just get it over wif and plunk it down the hatch......then there will be a contender for the infamous 320iM........

see if V8 is > than M inline 6...... :nyehehe:

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 17 2005, 01:56 PM
Vanq,

did consider the Aston V12, but left is out because it's essentially 2 short block Ford V6s on a common crank!

Yeah ...

The fact that it's still a pair of Ford Duratecs married together does bother us a bit but listen to the awesome soundtrack / feel the performance ( both thanks to the petrolheads at Cosworth ) and all is forgotten. Spent almost half an hour being driven around Brands Hatch a couple of years ago in a V12 Vanquish ... that was some ride despite being just a front seat passenger. The same engine now in the DB9 with a 6 speed manual tranny gave its more expensive big brother a fright in the recent Autocar shoot-out.

P/S - the BMW S70/2 from the Macca F1 does deserve a special mention ... probably the finest V12 engine in a production car todate.

prolly the biawak or crocerdiley from the wakeboarding session.....ahem, dont think its his arse thats being bitten, try 180 degree of that...........

hahahahaha!!!!!!!

6 pot better lar even though I drive a 4 potter. If not for Singapore's punitive road tax and the 6 potters that I found were all trashed within an inch of their lives, i would have gotten a 6 potter. Well, maybe next project.hehe :lol:

Originally posted by teejay@Aug 17 2005, 11:55 AM
prolly the biawak or crocerdiley from the wakeboarding session.....ahem, dont think its his arse thats being bitten, try 180 degree of that...........

hahahahaha!!!!!!!
Hahahahahaahaaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 rows of 4 pot is very good, 2 rows of 6 pot even better.

The BMW V8 4.0 motorsport engine in the M3 GTR and the McLaren F1 V12 are 2 of the best engines around!

I have owned 4-pot and 6-pot BMW. On the road, no question 6-pot wins in terms of power & smoothness. It's not exactly short of revs. Those (i.e. Albundy) that tried to tinker with the 6-pot found that the engine is already well tuned and balanced.

On track, does it matter to us? A properly setup racing car will be well balanced whether it's 4-pot, 6-pot or 20-pot!

Outstation driving or where I can let her rip :yahoo: .... 6-pot minimum.

For those traffic jam conditions like driving in KL during peak hours :angry: .... 4-pot or less.

It would be ideal if we can engines that can turn off certain cylinders during periods of low-peak demand.

As for the weight balance of the car, not an issue, as I can adapt my driving style....

Originally posted by flash@Aug 18 2005, 10:37 AM
............It would be ideal if we can engines that can turn off certain cylinders during periods of low-peak demand.....
This is already available on the BMW V8 4.4, one bank of cylinder is shut down at cruising. Saves about 5% petrol I think. I guess only V configuration can have this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom