6-cycl VS 4-cycl

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Aug 19 2005, 07:50 PM
Me me me me me me. Ironically, I now have four four potters :D
WJ, u not quite sane la. anyone who buys 4 cars where the age of EACH is older than the age of the owner has a screw lose somewhere. ;)

just kidding bro! ur classic alfas are something else! :)

ok, to throw another spanner in the works, u guys shdnt make fun of the 5-cylinder lumps. there's something magical about the off-beat burble of the 5-pot. sounds like a boxer without the associated headaches. the fiat 5-pot found in the coupe is a beaut! sounds amazing, and no slouch either!

so which is best? 4-, 5-, or 6-pot?!

(redd sits back and watches the fireworks :nyehehe: )

redd

Originally posted by Zoggee@Aug 19 2005, 09:33 PM
boo... :cry: hooo... :cry: I have enuf liao... :( ayam aving fun ,my way and being called up and warned..!! is this te way it shud be ah...boo..!! :cry: hoo...!!! :beaten:

trying to say something i believe ,my way,my typical chinaman... :blush: and so call "kopi penyu" can call and warned not to reply to this thread...no wonder got so many splinter groups around.

oi..vp?? sorry ah..!!??

boo.. :cry: hoo.. :cry: boo... :cry: hoo.. :cry: hoo.. :cry:
vely good... :yes!: :yes!: .. kena warning already.. :p

some more scared.. :blush:

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 19 2005, 10:51 PM
This is The Necessary, your new Moderator. I think this thread has meandered long enough. The answer is obvious, the best engine configuration is the mystical... 5 cylinder! Neither 4, nor 6, but half of 10! Ya, alright, enough bullshit, I'm going to shut this one down at some random time within the next 24hrs, unless some other Mod beats me to it.

As for those of you with differences in opinions; go for it. Give as good as you get, within reason of course- no overly personal attacks, and make sure it's non-autobahn material. We're all adults, and am sure y'all can take care of yourselves. I want a good clean fight.

i revert to necessary above.. let's not get personal.. :beaten:

oiyorrr..... why everyone is argueing bout 4 vs 6 pot..
try and look at the BMW f1..,what engine they are using.....

Originally posted by nelsone30@Aug 20 2005, 01:47 AM
oiyorrr..... why everyone is argueing bout 4 vs 6 pot..
try and look at the BMW f1..,what engine they are using.....
i don't know what engine they're using... so... :dunno:

:p

F1 uses V10- but that's only because of the regulations, nothing to do with it being the "best" configuration. In the past, they've used everything from Flat-12s to V6s.

Yayaya, ok, the the 5 cylinder comment backfired on me... the Audi 5s in the Quattros were indeed impressive, the new Volvo (GM) ones very much less so... They do sound off-beat, because they ARE off beat!

Eh, this is one of those rare times when there's an arguement/disagreement and I'm not part of it, plus I'm a moderator now (round of applause, please), and I can sense that there seems to be alot of seething resentment between a couple of posters here, so how about we get things sorted in the Autobahn? I posses many powers in that forum too... Hahaha.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 19 2005, 10:51 PM
This is The Necessary, your new Moderator. I think this thread has meandered long enough. The answer is obvious, the best engine configuration is the mystical... 5 cylinder! Neither 4, nor 6, but half of 10! Ya, alright, enough bullshit, I'm going to shut this one down at some random time within the next 24hrs, unless some other Mod beats me to it.

As for those of you with differences in opinions; go for it. Give as good as you get, within reason of course- no overly personal attacks, and make sure it's non-autobahn material. We're all adults, and am sure y'all can take care of yourselves. I want a good clean fight.
hahaha the hammer has been dropped! :eek: :eek: :eek: . there is a new law and order in the forum (tom you are still doing a good job :D ). Yes i agree with you statement, discuss like adults, with reason and no bullsh*t. congrats on your promotion in the forum.

anyway back to topic.....

you can use a 4 pot, 6pot, 8 pot even a damn motorcylce engine as far as anyone is concerned. At the end of the the engine should suite your driving style and skills, i am happy with my 2.0 6 pot coz i know that i havent pushed my car to the limit, i know i dont understand my car's completely. Only when i do understand it i would change or mod. Today i witnessed a low powered car outrun many other cars on a small circuit. As mentioned by Zoggee, Fabian and others, the car only counts for a certain percentage, the driver makes the bigger difference. If you can handle it then go for it. Torque drivers the car, not horsepower. Look around you, everyday you can see torque at work. Nearly everyone wants power but few understand it.

Hi.Kind of new in this forum.Didn't read the whole thing cause too looooong.......Thinking of getting a 318i or 320i for modification next year so might need some suggestion.Previously modded an Iswara.Car 0-100km/h was 10s even with the 1.3 engine but with weight reduction and reduction of top speed to 150km/h. If price of a used 2002-2003 E46 318i falls to RM135k by next year-planning to get one and mod it to under 8s----if possible :yahoo: :ph34r:

Eswaran,

please start a new topic under the "3 series" forum for your queries.