520i 24V consumption..??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Cressidom

Club Guest
Sifu's...your advice on the consumption..My full tank of gas..approx 71litres..got me 540 km...then today again..i topped up after 9 days..daily driving city mix.this time 75litres...but the strange thing..got petrol smell..in the cabin after driving for about 10 mins..? Is it from the venting in the tank ? OR overflow ? any help appreciated.Tks/dom

FYI...the petrol in question was SHELL ...now on my second full tank..

later/dom

I can smelll petrol outside my car if is full tank..but not inside.

Full tank is 80 liter for E34.., when the warning light turn on.., your tank has about 8 liter of petrol left.

Cressidom said:
FYI...the petrol in question was SHELL

ehh..?
like can read my deleted post.. :rolleyes:

dunno how true is it..
but one of my mechanic says that,
"minyak shell ni bau kuat sikit"..

he also says,
"ramai yang kata dalam kete diorang ada bau minyak,
bila tanya pakai minyak ape,
semua kata shell"..

seems kinda weird..
thats why i deleted the post / question.. :D

That (smell) happens to me too sometimes. Be it Shell or others. Don't know how the smell got there... doors/windows were all closed when pumping fuel.

Cressidom said:
Sifu's...your advice on the consumption..My full tank of gas..approx 71litres..got me 540 km...then today again..i topped up after 9 days..daily driving city mix.
this time 75litres...but the strange thing..got petrol smell..in the cabin after driving for about 10 mins..? Is it from the venting in the tank ? OR overflow ? any help appreciated.

Tks/dom

You can be sure it's SHELL smell.. :D...but i'm a happy little camper...good milage i think..but sure room for improvement

Consumption E34

[SIZE=+1]1 miles = 1.609344 kilometer[/SIZE]
The above calc was taken from Google..today after my last fuel tank top up 8 days ago..city mix driving was 367.5 miles on the dash before i topped up again..that got me 591.43392 kms. Is that good for a Manual 24V E34 ? I still had about RM10 of fuel in the tank.

Appreciate any feedback.
:confused:
Cheers
Dom

Cressidom said:
[SIZE=+1]1 miles = 1.609344 kilometer[/SIZE]
The above calc was taken from Google..today after my last fuel tank top up 8 days ago..city mix driving was 367.5 miles on the dash before i topped up again..that got me 591.43392 kms. Is that good for a Manual 24V E34 ? I still had about RM10 of fuel in the tank.

Appreciate any feedback.
:confused:
Cheers
Dom

A better benchmark for your consumption would be how many liters to a km. In my case, it was 0.1198 liters per km or RM0.23 per km (at current fuel prices). By the way, I am driving an auto and mix driving.

Top Bottom