520d Service?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

primus2211

Club Guest
Hi guys,Just booked a 520d for the wife and was wondering about the BS&RI package. When does the service indicator light up based on experience thus far? I normally service my cars at 1/2 - 3/4 of the manufacturers recommendation, so wondering whether it is even worthwhile to extend it to 5 years. Thanks!

I believe it lights up 2500kms away from the next service. When exactly is the next service?-depends on the OBC. Very clever machine! Usually I hear if your car is 5000kms away from the next service you can bring it in again and get the oil changed and the car serviced under the BSRI. Get your wiper blades changed everytime and the aircong microfilter every 2nd service and the brake disc and pads every 4th service or so. If you plan on keeping the car-get the 5 years BSRI! Peace of mind-then no need to hunt for mechanics under trees etc.

Mine never wait for the service indicator light. My 1st service was at about 4700km when the idrive was showing 5000km more to next service as I wanted to do a breakin oil change. It turn out that I was already entitled to free oil change and service. My 2nd service was at about 14k km and the idrive showing another 4300km to next service. The service indicator was earlier set at 15k km from the 1st service. Again free service and oil filter change. Same time put in my reverse camera. But have to pay for the coolant top up which was slightly below min. level. The secret is that under BSRI if the idrive shows 5k or less can go for the free oil change service. No need to wait for the service indicator. planning to extend my BSRI to 5 yrs. Quoted over 8k to do so.
BTW after the update to my car's electronics as a result of the fixing of the new reverse camera, the power seems to have improved tremendously. It's like getting a remap of the ECU to boost power. But FC gone up from around 6.8 l/100km to about 7.6 with my usual driving style.
I

Thanks for the feedback. I was getting pretty worried that the BSRI was a gimmick and typically would not pop up until some unreasonable mileage or duration. I normally service new car at 1,500 km despite the manufacturers recommendation for my own peace of mine. From there on would be every 5,000 km regular service. Would try this and see how well it works out.

dark1234;706445 said:
5km too much eh bro, my older petrol bmw e46/e60 i service them every 10k.

Not really lah bro, been doing that for a while, will probably continue with the same maintenance strategy. :)

Kht;706332 said:
Mine never wait for the service indicator light. My 1st service was at about 4700km when the idrive was showing 5000km more to next service as I wanted to do a breakin oil change. It turn out that I was already entitled to free oil change and service. My 2nd service was at about 14k km and the idrive showing another 4300km to next service. The service indicator was earlier set at 15k km from the 1st service. Again free service and oil filter change. Same time put in my reverse camera. But have to pay for the coolant top up which was slightly below min. level. The secret is that under BSRI if the idrive shows 5k or less can go for the free oil change service. No need to wait for the service indicator. planning to extend my BSRI to 5 yrs. Quoted over 8k to do so.
BTW after the update to my car's electronics as a result of the fixing of the new reverse camera, the power seems to have improved tremendously. It's like getting a remap of the ECU to boost power. But FC gone up from around 6.8 l/100km to about 7.6 with my usual driving style.
I

I understand that if want to extend the BSRI to 5 years, need to top up some cash, but when can we ask for extension??? when our BSRI going to end???

Top Bottom