328i GT CKD, worth buying

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sudonano

Club Guest
Hi there!

Has anyone here got the 328i GT in CBU form? How has the ownership experience been for it?

I spoke to a guy in Ingress, it seems the order books have opened for the GT 328i CKD, with the price around 330k, and exactly the same specs as the CBU. As for the 320D GT, it seems it will be around 300k.

Currently moving from an SUV, X3 was out of the equation cause they don't bring the 28i model. Was considering maybe a 328i GT, or another 528i M (which has served brilliantly, N20B20, still amazing) or a recon German SUV around the 400k-or so mark...

Any reviews from recon owners? Never gone recon before, so not too sure how those are, just that recon prices are very tempting...

Cheers

Recon prices are always tempting and it might very well worth your penny since a brand new CKD cannot be guaranteed against any defects haha look at most of our CKD models here and you'll get the picture of our local QA/QC standards.

I was in the market for the GT before I took up the sedan model because I could not wait for the CKD to be launched. The reason why the GT model appeals to me is because of its larger interior and boot space without the height of an SUV. But with all the recent floods and the crappy roads I drive on that makes my car interior rattle, I think my next ride will most likely be a SUV for its higher height and bigger tyres. That upcoming Porsche Macan with the turbo 2.0 will be retailing for around RM450k which fits your bill and if you're patient, you could get it just under RM400k for a recond hehe.

As for the RM30k price difference between the 328i GT and the 320D GT is quite small...something is wrong there as the 320i and 328I has a RM60k+ difference among those two so I cannot imagine the price of the 320D GT to be at RM300k but at a lower price say RM260-RM270k in order to be competitive.

Top Bottom