3er GT series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kuntakinte said:
Nothing wrong with the a6 hybrid. Very comfortable ride with grunt, great mileage, superior specs and the super sexy led lights.

Just that I miss the raw handling of a BMW. Still in consideration mode as my a6h has only done 7k km after one year.

The GT would be one of the few cars to match the space of the 5er or a6 and thus, reluctant approval from the home minister
Let me know if you decide to sell your a6h. I have a space constraint at the back for my f30. I need more space for my expanding family size. Is the a6h bigger at the back compared to the f30?

seancorr said:
Yeah bro the 3GT was made for people who wanted more space at the rear as well as the boot. The A6 boot does leave much to be desired eh...? hehe.
Expecting that cheeky retort since this is a BMW forum.

Yes, the boot is the only sticking point but since I rarely travel out station and with only a 3 yr old kid, wife and mom around, its a liveable one.

The GT offers more, of if one believes the marketing literature, rear space than the 7 series. I don't feel cramped in a GT than I otherwise would in a F30.

The rear boot space is simply a bonus and for me, is the aesthetic appeal of the car. Makes it look like a mini x6. So, it just tickled the right itchy places to consider a change.

splee said:
Let me know if you decide to sell your a6h. I have a space constraint at the back for my f30. I need more space for my expanding family size. Is the a6h bigger at the back compared to the f30?
Space is definitely a plus on the a6h. My wife loves the rear seats more than the 5er that she didn't approve of any attempt to go the 5er. Somehow, Audi has a better attempt at making the interior special compared to a BMW.

Noted on your interest.

I've asked the salesman to update me on any offers of pre reg or pre owned for the CKD GT

Hey kuntakinte, please update us on the price of the pre reg 3GT. I am keen on the diesel. How about you?

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
Hey kuntakinte, please update us on the price of the pre reg 3GT. I am keen on the diesel. How about you?
I'm a BMW diesel fan myself having had the excellent e90 320d with powerkit for 3 years and mind you, that's the longest time I've owned a car. Not being braggy but this is my biggest weakness and an expensive one at that. So, I try to balance that passion with some practicality for example, getting a pre owned unit than new.

But in due honesty, I find this 328i engine a joy to drive. It's torquey enough and very Rev happy. Also, for the price difference between the 320d and 328i GT, the 328i offers between value in terms of specs and features.

Will PM you if I get a good offer. As it is, my salesman is giving me 30k rebate with 5 year bsri for the 328i GT with 1k km on the clock

kuntakinte said:
I'm a BMW diesel fan myself having had the excellent e90 320d with powerkit for 3 years and mind you, that's the longest time I've owned a car. Not being braggy but this is my biggest weakness and an expensive one at that. So, I try to balance that passion with some practicality for example, getting a pre owned unit than new.

But in due honesty, I find this 328i engine a joy to drive. It's torquey enough and very Rev happy. Also, for the price difference between the 320d and 328i GT, the 328i offers between value in terms of specs and features.

Will PM you if I get a good offer. As it is, my salesman is giving me 30k rebate with 5 year bsri for the 328i GT with 1k km on the clock
That is a fantastic deal and indeed the 328i engine is very good IMHO.

Mavik said:
That is a fantastic deal and indeed the 328i engine is very good IMHO.
Not really bro, it means that pre-owned CBU 328i GT is going for 320k. For an extra about 10k, I will get the CKD version which has comfort access and reverse camera! not to mention new car registration and thus fresh warranty and BSRI

10k discount just because its a CBU, it's a weak argument. No thanks

1K on the clock is not even pre-reg... its a demo unit. Agree that it's not a good offer. Do keep us updated if a fantastic offer comes along.

Went to the BMW showroom today and noticed the CKD 328i GT.

Definitely impressed by the cabin space, especially in the rear. I was surprised at the headroom and legroom. The big boot is also a bonus when travelling with the family and you need to chuck in all the luggage.

Style wise, I'm ok with it. Doesn't turn me off, nor really turn me on.

Yeah, I'd also wait for some pre-reg discount towards end of the year. Hope by then it would go down below 300k.

I never considered the F30 3 series due to the space. Then came the 3GT. Currently considering a 520d for the longest time. A pre-reg 520d / 520i is about the price of a pre-reg 328GT. Just seeking the opinion of the guys here, which will be your choice and why?

I suggest you to go with 5 series if you are not hungry for "power". Space, comfort & sound proof, 5er is definitely a winner.

I liked the 520d too but coming from the superior specs of the a6h, it does seem like a downgrade plus my wife wasnt impressed with the bland interior

I like th GT primarily for the x6-ish looks. Of course with the more powerful engine and the spacious interior, it seems to tick the right boxes for both my wife and myself.

For me at least, the GT looks more youthful than the 5er

Still no offer better than what's been reported. CKD versions not even available for test drive. Most likely, any good offers for pre reg or preowned will only surface towards end of year.

Never mind, I'm still young, I can wait. :)

The interior of the GT can never compare to the 5er. There's a lot more of soft touch panels in the 5er and a lot more gadgets (active headrests, sunblinds for rear side windows, adaptive dampers, adaptive LED headlights, etc) to play too.

The only thing going for the GT is its power to weight ratio and the big interior in a smaller body but hey its your choice bro =]

Looks like it will boil down to a test drive. Lets see when the test drive opens up. Wanted to attend the Auto Bavaria weekend sales last weekend but was in Germany. Perhaps the other BeeMer kaki here have test drove the 328i n 320d GT care to share their experiences?

Speaking about the x6-ish looks of the 3er GT, come August, the real mini x6 will be launched. It's called the X4.

I've been invited to attend the launch

According to the SA, the estimated price for this CBU will be a wallet-busting $450k. I have to sell my backside for side income, just having the right to think about it.

And honestly, at that price, a Porsche macan would offer better brand prestige

The base Macan is the better choice but we have to wait and see what is the completed spec list before judging it. The Porsche 4 year warranty + service is also yummy....

Saw the Macan in Germany. It just looks more nimble and more agile than its big brother the cayenne. It took off the line from the traffic light effortlessly. Sigh.... If only I can afford one.

After watching this video, decided to plonk down a deposit for the new Merc C250. Completely smitten by it. Check it out

http://youtu.be/ya8JUdvZRIQ

Looks like my super pristine A6 hybrid which has just done 8k km will be up in the market soon.

kuntakinte said:
After watching this video, decided to plonk down a deposit for the new Merc C250. Completely smitten by it. Check it out

Looks like my super pristine A6 hybrid which has just done 8k km will be up in the market soon.
You can have the car. I want the girl. Lol

Top Bottom