To those who already book an F30 320d...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
muhaiminrahim;728571 said:
u make me feel bad.. going to the show room and test the f30 today!!:4:

so.. have u made the booking yet..?? hehe how was it compared to ur current ride..?

muhaiminrahim;728571 said:
u make me feel bad.. going to the show room and test the f30 today!!:4:

RH5;728863 said:
so.. have u made the booking yet..?? hehe how was it compared to ur current ride..?

Haha yeah I want to know this too. Did muhaiminrahim test the f30 320d ? How does it feel compared to your e90 320d ? any difference ? :D

RH5;728863 said:

Quentin;729004 said:
Haha yeah I want to know this too. Did muhaiminrahim test the f30 320d ? How does it feel compared to your e90 320d ? any difference ? :D

hehe.. like i hav said, i went to bmw ipoh to test drive the f30 328i:4:

front looks: looks more musculer than the e90 lci..
rear looks: realy handsome if if you ask me..
gear knob: does not please me as the gears can be easily changed..
8gear transmision: was really smooths laa of course..
steering wheel: not to my taste.. small..
4 pot: revving to the max was easy..
breaks (abs): tested the abs.. very smoth feeling..
suspension: feels like driving an f10..
drive: cud not test it to the max as the SA was so scared after i tested the abs!!

verdic: i will wait for the f30 lci or the m-sport:4:

muhaiminrahim;729016 said:
hehe.. like i hav said, i went to bmw ipoh to test drive the f30 328i:4:

front looks: looks more musculer than the e90 lci..
rear looks: realy handsome if if you ask me..
gear knob: does not please me as the gears can be easily changed..
8gear transmision: was really smooths laa of course..
steering wheel: not to my taste.. small..
4 pot: revving to the max was easy..
breaks (abs): tested the abs.. very smoth feeling..
suspension: feels like driving an f10..
drive: cud not test it to the max as the SA was so scared after i tested the abs!!

verdic: i will wait for the f30 lci or the m-sport:4:

friend, how to test the abs ?

Run through a spot of water on the rod, and hentam both feet on the brake pedal like there was no tomorrow!!!

andrewlim8;729339 said:
friend, how to test the abs ?

first, hentam the throttle till you get to a comfortable speed.. mine was90 kmph..
then, tell you SA you will be doing the ABS test.. on a lonely industrial area road..
now, SLAM the breaks like kicking a door trying to save your self from a burning house..
saviour the moment by looking at your SA facial expression.. :4:

I like his ending statement, Who needs to facebook or tweet when you are behind a BMW

muhaiminrahim;729494 said:
first, hentam the throttle till you get to a comfortable speed.. mine was90 kmph..
then, tell you SA you will be doing the ABS test.. on a lonely industrial area road..
now, SLAM the breaks like kicking a door trying to save your self from a burning house..
saviour the moment by looking at your SA facial expression.. :4:

friend, i thought ABS will mostly be activated on wet surface ?

p/s : do u know what is the purpose of ABS ? pls google

wikipedia

An anti-lock braking system (ABS, from German: Antiblockiersystem) is a safety system that allows the wheels on a motor vehicle to continue interacting tractively with the road surface as directed by driver steering inputs while braking, preventing the wheels from locking up (that is, ceasing rotation) and therefore avoiding skidding.

about.com

Anti-lock Brake Systems (ABS) operate as follows:

1. When the brakes are applied, fluid is forced from the brake master cylinder outlet ports to the HCU inlet ports. This pressure is transmitted through four normally open solenoid valves contained inside the HCU, then through the outlet ports of the HCU to each wheel.
- The primary (rear) circuit of the brake master cylinder feeds the front brakes.
- The secondary (front) circuit of the brake master cylinder feeds the rear brakes.
- If the anti-lock brake control module senses a wheel is about to lock, based on anti-lock brake sensor data, it closes the normally open solenoid valve for that circuit. This prevents any more fluid from entering that circuit.

2. The anti-lock brake control module then looks at the anti-lock brake sensor signal from the affected wheel again.

3. If that wheel is still decelerating, it opens the solenoid valve for that circuit.

4. Once the affected wheel comes back up to speed, the anti-lock brake control module returns the solenoid valves to their normal condition allowing fluid flow to the affected brake.

5. The anti-lock brake control module monitors the electromechanical components of the system.

6. Malfunction of the anti-lock brake system will cause the anti-lock brake control module to shut off or inhibit the system. However, normal power-assisted braking remains.

7. Loss of hydraulic fluid in the brake master cylinder will disable the anti-lock system.

8. The 4-wheel anti-lock brake system is self-monitoring. When the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position, the anti-lock brake control module will perform a preliminary self-check on the anti-lock electrical system indicated by a three second illumination of the yellow ABS wanting indicator.

9. During vehicle operation, including normal and anti-lock braking, the anti-lock brake control module monitors all electrical anti-lock functions and some hydraulic operations.

10. Each time the vehicle is driven, as soon as vehicle speed reaches approximately 20 km/h (12 mph), the anti-lock brake control module turns on the pump motor for approximately one-half second. At this time, a mechanical noise may be heard. This is a normal function of the self-check by the anti-lock brake control module.

11. When the vehicle speed goes below 20 km/h (12 mph), the ABS turns off.

12. Most malfunctions of the anti-lock brake system and traction control system, if equipped, will cause the yellow ABS warning indicator to be illuminated.

What you should know about ... Anti-lock Braking System

BMW TIS

ABS prevents the wheel from locking when the brakes are applied.

Advantage: Optimum utilisation of road surface friction- the vehicle remains stable and steerable.

Brake pressure is regulated at all wheels to ensure each wheel runs with optimum slip.

When this happens, slip is controlled so that the maximum possible and lateral stability forces can be transmitted.

During my complimentary Advanced Drivers Training by BMW @ Pasir Gudang Race Track last year, ABS was tested not on a wet road (that was the min braking distance test) but on two cone obstacle tests (the brake and swerve and the brake and swerve and drive on tests)

So, bro muhaiminrahim is correct :)

thanks wobbles.. no big deal.. we learn frm each other mah:4:

btw, i went to BMW Drivers Training and did a few exercise w.r.t. ABS eg. brake and steer & steer and brake.. very enjoyable if you ask me.. our albundy bro was my instructor:4:

back to the thread.. i hope to have some free time this weekend to test drive the f30 320d.. hope to read some reviews here by fellow forumers..

After a long and thorough consideration, that family member of mine had decided to change the his booking of the f30 to CKD unit instead :)
He decided that he'll forgo CBU's better quality for CKD's better specs and a bit cheaper price :D

DJH;730400 said:
Bro, I think there is no CKD but only has SKD

Oh I see, SKD is the one coming out around July right ? So i guess he's going with SKD
Point is, he wont be getting the CBU :)

BTW is there alot of difference between SKD and CKDs ? They are both assembled here right ?

EDIT: and is the specs for SKD same with CBU specs or CKD's ?

CKD - Completely Knocked Down and SKD - Semi Knocked Down .... so I think less assembling for SKD as parts comes in a module or in larger integrated units. Possibility higher tax for SKD ...

ceteh;730408 said:
CKD - Completely Knocked Down and SKD - Semi Knocked Down .... so I think less assembling for SKD as parts comes in a module or in larger integrated units. Possibility higher tax for SKD ...

Hmm so i guess there's a slight chance the SKD could have same basic spec like CBU ? :hmmmm2:

ceteh;730408 said:

I was told by SA that only few things are made in local, eg windscreen and Side windows. Maybe our senior forum members have the informations.

that we have to ask those who joined the Kulim Drive last year:4: i didnt join that particular drive..

Top Bottom