325i Japan Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

badrul880

Nil
Hi guys.. been an ardent follower of the thread but not a contributor as I do not own a Beemer yet. Been a Subaru diehart fan for long and now me and the wife are taking the plunge to purchase an E90 325i Japan spec as her new ride. As I am totally new in the Beemer's world, could anybody be so kind in telling what to look for. As for the car it is a 2005 model 325i non M Sports. Everything looks the same as the local spec I guess but instead of the single disc on the dash it comes with a mini disc..Appreciate some input..Thanks.

go for Auto Bavaria, Ingress or Sapura pre register unit, that come with free services & 3 years warranty:top:

Bad is a very good friend of mine at the Subaru Club..so guys,those with e90s,any suggestions,advice etc is very much appreciated.i don't drive a e90 myself but so far,i haven't heard of any problems with the e90..

very very nice car.

Bad,if u can stretch it,a pre-used from Ingress or Sapura will be ur best bet.

ps-be prepared..won't be as fast as ur LGT la:wink:

mummygohan;333963 said:
go for Auto Bavaria, Ingress or Sapura pre register unit, that come with free services & 3 years warranty:top:

Yes I strongly suggest you do the above as usually the jap specs and grey imports tend to be more expensive and with no warranty and free mantainance

Good advice from these guys, badrul. Scooby fans are used to their cars being very bullet-proof. Thrash it any way you want and it keeps humming for years.

Bimmers are not bullet-proof. You have a problem and the bullets rip right through your wallet, and you die... :D

Bad, once you drive a bimmer, there is no turning back to jap's car. Believe me as BMW will pampered you with comfort & handling... hehehe. See, I told you yesterday... Better not to used the Japan Spec. Anyway, its still open for discussion here kan?

Where's the E90 guys? Pls give some input to our friend here. U guys might expand ur E90 geng. I have known Badrul for quite sometime and he is really into car. U can talk abt the technical to him also.

All the best Bad.

Depends on how much you are getting the car for, i.e. is the discount for a grey import Japan spec car justified over a local car with warranty. There has been known cases of warranty claim from smaller things such as door lock mechasim, to steering column, to suspension bushings, to the entire engine due to oil burn issues. So.. the discount you are getting with Japan spec must be quite good to consider it over a still on warranty local car.

I agree with the rest that you should take a look at the pre-reg/pre-owned cars from AB, Sapura or Ingress since they offer warranty. You would be surprised at some of the problems that have been discussed in this forum and other forums such as e90post, e.g. missing engine oil, leaking gaskets, seat-belt noises, etc.

I would not touch a non warranty 2005 E90. It's either the first batch or if Sep made then 2nd. There have been known issues and with warranty it's ok if not better pray that you are the lucky few. To date I have had a few items changed from cosmetic defects to much more expensive faults like airbag module (RM 4K) and steering column change.

I myself is a DIY man and yet, I dare not touch a non-warrantied E90.. every small problem even buying parts will drain you up nicely. U definitely save thousands, if not tenth of thousands with a 3-years repair inclusive after sales package.

With a Merc, no matter how spoil the car is, just get a half cut, slap it on and it will run. You can't do it in the later generation BMW. It just doesn't work that way.

there u go Bad..most recommends u get used ones from AB,Ingress or Sapura with warranties.u never know what might go wrong..

and yes,don't expect a BMW to be as reliable as our trusty Subarus.

good luck

Wow thanks for the comments.. Supergripen and Isma its nice meeting u here in the forum. Anyway, I went to purchase the 325i during lunch. Its a done deal. The car was tested by my close friend the BMW guru Mr. K Kung. This Saturday morning will be sending the car to Sapura for a complete check. Yup warranty is a major concern but the dealer is giving me a 3 month warranty and I may opt for the extended warranty by the insurer. Looks like Im heading to the dark side..

Supergripen, Im selling of the Forester in place with the E90.. The Legacy will still be in the stable.

Another reason for us buying a Jap Spec is that it is unreg. We have a plate to transfer and the interest rate is very low for unreg cars nowadays..

congrats Bad..welcome to a world of refined motoring,sublime handling(well,we're no strangers to this are we?:rock:) and superb drivetrains..

i'm sure u and ur wife will have many many miles of driving pleasure with the e90.just remember not to neglect the car's maintenance..car is a bit 'manja' unlike our Subarus.

ps - don't forget our GC8 STi plans..haha:burnout:

supergripen;334050 said:
congrats Bad..welcome to a world of refined motoring,sublime handling(well,we're no strangers to this are we?:rock:) and superb drivetrains..

i'm sure u and ur wife will have many many miles of driving pleasure with the e90.just remember not to neglect the car's maintenance..car is a bit 'manja' unlike our Subarus.

ps - don't forget our GC8 STi plans..haha:burnout:

Thanks bro.. yup the GC8 STi plans is still on hopefully by years end...See you sometime..

congratz bro...welcome to the club!

keep ur finger crossed, E90 is a great car!

Strongly recommend you to bring the car to Sapura Auto or Ingress Auto to have proper check. Anyway, you have got yourself a good choice of car :D

Been glue-ing to EuroSport channel these few days to watch BTCC and WTCC.. the E90 is such an awesome car! :top:

Some time a SEAT may win a race but always when they crossing the finish line, there's an E90 haunting them closely at the tail.. the E90 is obviously a faster car but those European tracks are difficult to overtake. That's why watching those fender brush fender races are so exciting!

Long live E90!

astroboy;334566 said:
Been glue-ing to EuroSport channel these few days to watch BTCC and WTCC.. the E90 is such an awesome car! :top:

Some time a SEAT may win a race but always when they crossing the finish line, there's an E90 haunting them closely at the tail.. the E90 is obviously a faster car but those European tracks are difficult to overtake. That's why watching those fender brush fender races are so exciting!

Long live E90!

yup,the e90 looks fantastic with those flared fenders and kewl lookin BBS wheels..and i must say watching BTCC and to a lesser extent the WTCC is a hell of a lot more interesting n exciting than watching F1 nowadays.i remember during my uni days in Scotland where u used to follow the BTCC where e36s do battle with Alfa155s,Nissan Primeras,Volvo850s and Vectras.now that was a lotta fun..

the current WTCC i think needs more manufacturers..kinda gettin' bored with just BMW,SEAT and Chevrolets.they need to get more guys in..Honda,Alfa,Audi,Merc,Renault,Nissan..

Top Bottom