320d engine noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Finally get mine....will post up the pic soon....:rock::rock::rock:

Maybe if you move your seats out of the cabin you'd be able to hear the familiar diesel engine sounds.

BMW interior sound proofing is extremely good and testament to that is my soon to be 15 year old E36. Sometimes I don't even hear the engine running and I need to check my RPM meter just to make sure the car didn't die on me.

All diesel engines are noisy, whether you like it or not. It all depends on how well the passenger cabin is insulated from the exterior noise.

Diesel clatter is part of the package, it is a compression engine. The quietest would be the inline 6 diesel engine.

ALBundy;627650 said:
Diesel clatter is part of the package, it is a compression engine. The quietest would be the inline 6 diesel engine.

Can watch golf and post to forum at same time.....? Wow...Multitasker man!

ALBundy;627650 said:

I'm waiting for the I6 diesel...

(which will probably be a v long time, no thanks to the slow Euro4 adoption locally)

Inline 6 diesels are already here in the 730Ld and the X5 3.0d, the only reason it isn't in the smaller and cheaper cars like the 3 is because the engine size is over 2000cc so the price would shoot up due to tax going up. The only diesels that can't be brought here due to fuel quality is the twinturbo models in the 740d, 535d, 335d etc.

Top Bottom