2006 E90 325i Burn by Fire

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Have u contacted BMW Malaysia? What if someone got burnt in the car? They should be informed and they should compensate the unlucky owner who bought such a lemon unit, its a clear manufacturer's defect!!

They should recall all the E90s on the road if need be before someone get killed!

Please keep us updated.. I will be checking back for updates..

Thanks!

Sorry to hear this.. Just highlighted that shall go follow up with the insurance company for the claim and make necessary complaint letter else it will be a turtle slow process which cost more than 6 months. Please keep on update..

*gulp*...E90 burning - hard to swallow.

Sorry to hear about it...As you would be dealing with many parties, make sure every single process is documented - preferablly all correspondence in black and white.

And good luck on your insurance claim.

Keep us posted.

the car is stationary. parked. engine off. yet can caught FIRE?
aiyo now i m worried.

sounds suspiciously like a wire short circuit. takes a while for the heat to build up (even if engine off) until finally flash point, then KAAAABOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

bimmerdude;339609 said:
sounds suspiciously like a wire short circuit. takes a while for the heat to build up (even if engine off) until finally flash point, then KAAAABOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

WTF...so Scary man, Just imagine, you leave the car at home, you go vacation and the car burnt inself together with your house....

ccgiap,
Sorry to hear your unfortunate incident! Hope, you get over the agony soon and recover the $$$ from insurance!

My personal take is that you should seek legal advise and make a legal suit towards AB or BMW Malaysia for this. I think its caused by negligence for the recent repair works done. With a lawsuit, the truth will be harder to hide for them. They will just likely ask you to claim against insurance for the loss and at the end you loose your NCB due to their negligence.

E90's do not spontaneously catch fire the way it did ;).

fuhhh what a lost .... take it easy bro

i think you should take this out in local papers bro ..then only everyone will start attending to you in a FAST manner ...

as news spread BMW malaysia will then wake up .... or else ...!!

sorry man i just have to laugh rather than cry... it s the Ultimate selfDestruct Machine.

E46Fanatic;339626 said:
My personal take is that you should seek legal advise and make a legal suit towards AB or BMW Malaysia for this. I think its caused by negligence for the recent repair works done. With a lawsuit, the truth will be harder to hide for them. They will just likely ask you to claim against insurance for the loss and at the end you loose your NCB due to their negligence.

E90's do not spontaneously catch fire the way it did ;).

well, this may take a long time to settle. talk to them first and try to settle, see if u can get a new car. if not, go to the consumers association. last resort, go to lawyer.

hope u work it out man.

This unit had a recurring overheating problem. If it was driven when the warning indicator was on, a lot of things in the engine bay including the wiring harness could have melted. It looks more like an engine fire than a petrol fire, or the seats would have gone. Unless very sure there's no owner culpability, it's sometimes better just to wait for the insurance payout or one may lose that too.

no words bro...

what a pain,hoped u can go thru it n get ur replacement soon...

so painfull...

astroboy;339520 said:
I wonder is there'll be a recall soon.. :rolleyes:

i doubt there is anything wrong with the car to need recall. this model has been around since 2006, so any safety issue would be solved by now. its also sold around the world. the problem is when its handled by the incompetent service personnel or owners' fault.
for the sake of everyone here, i hope its not a safety issue.

On 7th July 2008 we called BMW authorized dealer (AS) to enquire any action to be taken on BMW part. To our surprise this is what we were told:-

Foremost the Service Manager told us that althought we had sent our car to their workshop a few days prior the incident, they were not to be held responsible as they had replace the water pump that was detected to be the source of the malfunction. He quickly stated that the water pump cannot be short circuit as any additional electricity would be subject to automatical cut off. He also stated that the normal procedure for such an incident is BMW would not take any action and we can only refer to our insurance. He told us that we need to lodge a police report and the insurance company would then get an adjuster to look at the burnt car. We then told him we had done all that.

He further mentions that they would proceed as same even if the car was burnt in their workshop. The only difference is at the end of the day they would replace with a new BMW for the unfortunate owner.

Without prejudice, I did think could it be possible that the connectivity of wiring was not done properly thus resulting to such an incident. However, I am at loss as where to get the supporting proof if I intend to dwelved into this area. Can anyone advice?

The dealer was trying to divert your attention to the water pump and its a normal Malaysian mentality..."Not Me!" Just to be fair to the dealer, they don't manufacture the car, and they only touch your water pump, what u expect them to do? Claim a new water pump for u? What the dealer should do is they should represent u (earn your $$$ oredi mah!) and claim a new car for u (manufacturer's defect mah!), or else we boycott the dealer. Which dealer is this? Sales dealer, not the service center..

The Insurance company will "drill" BMW Malaysia because despite insured, I don't think the insurance company would want to putih putih pay u over RM200k if its a case of manufacturer's defect. If you don't do anything, the Insurer will just pay you the obligated coverage of what ever market price, then they will take it up against BMW Malaysia to seek compensation, if they can proof manufacturer's defect or negligence la. So Insurance company will come out as a winner. Not u, not BMW Malaysia!

Source of fire MUST be IDENTIFIED by the manufacturer because its human life they are playing with for selling cars that can catch fire anytime. Just like the Death of a Princess case, Merc were as eager to get hold of the car to find out if there's any structurer weakness of the car in the 1st place or are they any structurer improvement necessary for their cars.

Incidents like this can provide valuable information for future models. If the local BMW is not interested, talk to those in Germany. Your car now hold a piece of priceless information and if the competitors get hold of it, they will use it to attack BMW.

If I'm a Merc dealer, I will buy your E90 and park it in front of my showroom.. Merc sales sure boom!!

Actually hor, the more u tell others, the lesser chance of claiming a car from them. The more you keep quiet, the higher the chance of getting a replacement car from them as a "token to keep quiet" ma.

Why? If claiming an E90 is so easy, I would set mine on fire and get the latest spec 156hp E90 or 320i MSport... I don't mine the wait as long as sure can claim.. For them is very easy, car no problem, maybe u have lots of enemy kua. So source is fire is very crucial here!

I would only use the forum as a last resort and out of hope.. just my dua kupang..

Try getting the lawyer that claimed for a new satria neo + instalment's paid and got it. This case was not too long ago, satria neo very new, went for service, I forgot whether it was few days later or after coming out from service centre, the car caught fire and burnt to the ground. So there is a case already whereby the owner won so maybe can try.

Top Bottom