2006 E90 325i Burn by Fire

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ccgiap

Club Guest
My car E90 325 just buy on september 2006 is burn it by self of fire on yesterday morning when i was sleeping, and the car is total lost. the car is parking them after i come back for working at 9.00pm and the car burn it on 5.00am.so any body can help me what to do with BMW .

OMG!!! How does this happen? How can it just get burnt by itself?? Sorry to hear that..

read this..

New BMW insurance package

BMW Credit Malaysia has launched BMW Motor Insurance, a new comprehensive insurance package for BMW customers offering enhanced policy features, hassle-free processes and exclusive benefits.

Among the features of the package is a guarantee that a new BMW purchaser will be entitled to a brand new car during the first 12 months of ownership in the event of total loss from accident or theft.

The package also guarantees use of only authorised BMW dealerships, service centres and genuine BMW parts. Initial applications and claiming procedures have also been simplified to ensure simple and hassle-free customer experience.

The other benefits include the absence of premium loading and market value adjustment for subsequent renewals. Purchasers of used BMW's through authorised BMW dealers, and who experience a total loss of their vehicle from accident and theft during the first 12 months of ownership are also entitled to an receive an insured value claim settlement.

Claiming procedures have been simplified so that in the event of an accident, the car will be taken to the nearest authorised BMW dealership upon a call to a designated customer support hotline. The package is available through all authorised BMW dealerships. For enquiries, call BMW Credit at 03-2730 7888.

- Posted by Anthony Lim

And my car is just come out about 1 week from the service center to repair it because of the engine tmputare is high, for this problem my car was go in service center 3 time, first time is i don't know what he make after that problem come back, Second time it change the sensor after that problem also come back, last time he change the water pump, i head the service person say the water pump it use by electric motor, after 1 week my car was burn.

ccgiap;339265 said:
And my car is just come out about 1 week from the service center to repair it because of the engine tmputare is high, for this problem my car was go in service center 3 time, first time is i don't know what he make after that problem come back, Second time it change the sensor after that problem also come back, last time he change the water pump, i head the service person say the water pump it use by electric motor, after 1 week my car was burn.

WHICH SERVICE CENTER?? sounds like wire has short circuit due to improper repair.

ccgiap;339284 said:
My one is CKD, police report it ok already just wait the claim insurance.
insurance claim will takes 3 to 6 mths, so are you getting an E90 again??

The fire department will use forensic method to identify or try to identify the source or the location where it started.

There was a case where a car was burnt and the fire department forensic team identify the source of the fire is from the dashboard where car manufacturer has identified foreign metal brackets for after market DVD player installation near the fire source. So the car manufacturer refuse defect claim on the case. For the owner, its just a pure insurance claim. I forgot many of the facts... so don't ask me :p ...

Hope your E90 is stock standard with no added after market electronic gadgets.. then chances of getting a replacement car from manufacturer is HIGH!

Susah to discuss these issues on a public forum.. you say one wrong thing, your claims will be denied! Be very careful when making statements.

I am as eager to find out what causes the fire and what was reported by the fire department? They need to write a report for the insurance claim. What is in the report? These are better made TT topics then forum topics..

Nowadays the BMWs are made with so many electronic devices and by just looking at the huge oversize battery at our rear, I don't think it's designed to just achieving the 50/50 weight distribution. Many devices in the car continue to run despite key or FOB is removed and I noticed this at several occasions which actually frighten me more than amazed me.

On my E90, one day I noticed my radiator fan kept running despite the FOB was removed for a reasonably long period. I need to get back into the car, re-inserted the FOB, start the engine and kill it again. After that only fan stops.

On a showroom unit of the new M5, I noticed some mechanical sound from the dash, its a showroom car, no FOB inserted. I traced it to a CD changer in the glove compartment, it kept picking up different CD holder to check for CDs and it just keep repeating itself... :eek:

On another showroom unit of a new E90 335i, I notice the transmission display in the central console keep flashing and sound of relay clicking... non stop.. its just a showroom unit and no FOB on the dash too, why it keeps doing that? :eek:

The fire department person just say to me take the police report on copy to them, I thing the report from fire department it same as police. and my car is stock standard with no added after market electronic gadget, and do service also in BMW service center only

ccgiap;339308 said:
The fire department person just say to me take the police report on copy to them, I thing the report from fire department it same as police. and my car is stock standard with no added after market electronic gadget, and do service also in BMW service center only

Sorry to hear about the loss bro. I am lost for words, but I suspect it was the recent repair job not properly done. Did you notice any fuel odor for the week after the car was serviced? Interior seems relatively better preserved than engine bay from the fire.

sorry to heard ur case, hope that insurance can claim asap to u,do u mind to share with us which dealer and which workshop u r going? just want to beware of this kind of FUXKXNG BIG CHEAT AUTRORISED DEALER!

paul

whats with the e90..this kind of self combustible situation should haver happened...you should claim for a new car...

Since yours a CKD, stock standard and you had BMW fixed your car recently; you can demand BMW to investigate your case. BMW will have a full record of what has been done and the mechanic that attended your car. If the fire department found out short circuit to be the cause you can try and make a claim on BMW.

So sorry to hear.... hope you will be able to get another replacement

Top Bottom