1998 toyota harrier 2.2

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

khalidm3

Club Guest
guys,a friend is letting go of her 328i for a 1998 toyota harrier 2.2. she was asking 4 my opinion but i can't comment since i don't know about this car. BTW she got the car for 92k.anyone with experience owning this car?

Get the FWD 3.0. No regrets. I have owned both the 3.0 FWD and 4WD. Get the FWD. Never complained about the lack of power withthe 3.0 V6 and its sporty snarl. 15.5 secs for the quarter mile run. Not bad for a 2 ton car. The 2,.2 is underpowered to pull 2 tonnes.

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Nov 14 2005, 09:55 PM
Get the FWD 3.0. No regrets. I have owned both the 3.0 FWD and 4WD. Get the FWD. Never complained about the lack of power withthe 3.0 V6 and its sporty snarl. 15.5 secs for the quarter mile run. Not bad for a 2 ton car. The 2,.2 is underpowered to pull 2 tonnes.
i do have 1 T.Harrier 3.0 V6 FWD, extra G spec, full spec, bodykit, Xenon light, electric seats, TV with DVD, low mileage 60,000, hardly used, interested?

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Nov 16 2005, 12:21 AM
Mine was actually stolen but I miss the car. Confort, FC etc? It's the best car I have ever owned.
huh? a FWD Harrier even better than your UDM's and bella's ??? Gosh....I should seriously reconsider a Honda.

WJ,
what's the FC and maintenance costs like? How much more than my 318i? Actually thinking of it as well

khalid, ask ur fren to do research in the motortrader forum as i remember read bout it under Toyota made topic.

The car only require regular oil change and make sure you use Toyota Motor Oil as it makes a bit difference. I guess the only wear and tear parts are:

1) Active engine mounts - they last about 100,000 KMs or more
2) Shocks may wear due to age as the car weights 2 tons
3) The Nakamichi 6 disc changer in the glovebox is not know to last

On the 3.0 FWD, you should get about 350 to 400 KMs with mixed driving as it is difficult not to drive the car fast :) Mind you that the pre-facelift cars only have a 45 litre tank but the later cars have a much bigger tank so you may hear of fantastic mileage from the bigger tanked ones so it is no comparison.

It's a nice car to drive as the front wheel will spin if you floor the pedal. The V6 snarls each time you floor it and that smirk on your face will just appear.

BMWky...are you serious!!?? :nyehehe: or are you joking..??? B)

Wj is the most experienced guy on owning and driving UDM.(btw, WJ...I'm not kissing ur butt la..) :p

I think you shud take his posting seriously...He surprises me a lot of time on his knowledge on UDM and even JDM. :) serious...he can tells whats wrong with my bro's car set up when we had an outing (off forum).

owning an Alfa doesnt mean he anti UDM la... :)

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Nov 16 2005, 11:16 PM
Hondas are not even within sight. Once you have owned the Harrier you will know what I am talking about. The car may roll a fair bit but who said that the car cannot handle. Popular misconception is that cars that roll can't handle. If you pass me one I'll show you how to do a full throttle left right flick to tackle the s curves on the Kerinchi link just outside Mt Kiara. On the highways, it's come la, scared ar.... Despite the car's 190 KM/H limited speed, the sheer bulk of the car coming at that speed will make any car move over plus they can't shake you off.
Agree with WJ on the handling of the Harrier. On a few occassions, I had some Harriers cucuking my back on the Kota Kemuning exit, the long curve before joining Kesas (and which now has a slight dip mid-corner). Took me some effort in my E34 to shake them off. :D Completely lost out in my not-so-well PV6. :beaten:

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Nov 15 2005, 11:21 AM
Mine was actually stolen but I miss the car. Confort, FC etc? It's the best car I have ever owned.
Agree with you WJ I had a 2.4L before and its a very comfortable car in terms of NVH and handling. My best car too I have owned so far.Don't get the 2.2 litre its the old camry engine and its sound like a diesel engine.

got the chance to test drive the car. WJ is right. can't agree more on the comfort. very nice. handling also good. i attacked a roundabout at high speed and it feels very stable.

Originally posted by Zoggee@Nov 17 2005, 01:31 AM
BMWky...are you serious!!?? :nyehehe: or are you joking..??? B)

Wj is the most experienced guy on owning and driving UDM.(btw, WJ...I'm not kissing ur butt la..) :p

I think you shud take his posting seriously...He surprises me a lot of time on his knowledge on UDM and even JDM. :) serious...he can tells whats wrong with my bro's car set up when we had an outing (off forum).

owning an Alfa doesnt mean he anti UDM la... :)
no worries la....i'm being cynical only. We all know in terms of motoring experience, WJ eats more salt than most of us rice. Anyway the point I am trying to make is that if the Japanese can deliver a car so exciting, then we should not be too stuck up with the owning a UDM and nothing else. BTW there is a long standing joke saying that driving a toyota's is as exciting as driving a refrigerator.

Originally posted by bmwky@Nov 17 2005, 05:55 PM
BTW there is a long standing joke saying that driving a toyota's is as exciting as driving a refrigerator.
why is that? :dunno:

Top Bottom