Will you trade-in your N52 325i (I6) for N20 328i (Turbo 4)?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SapphireBlack

Club Guest
As the thread says it... I'm just want to gauge how does the existing owner of 325i feels about the incoming new BMW 3-series with a Turbo 4 potter?

I will if the price is right..and good trade in value

VKS;668965 said:
I will if the price is right..and good trade in value

True enough but would one want to take the plunge and be a guinea pig for the 1st batch of CBU's 3 coming 2012? :rolleyes:

I am just wondering how would the price of current E90 LCI be once the F30 is out? What kind of plunge in terms of pricing would we be seeing?

I'm not from the E46 era and does would not know how it was when E90 was introduced during E46's time. Any people with such experience? :wink:

I will trade in any day for a newer engine because it has better technology, power output and consumption :)

aoch88;668986 said:
I will trade in any day for a newer engine because it has better technology, power output and consumption :)

For me because of the followings:
- fuel efficiency and higher bhp/torque
- ability to tune/mod the engine because it is turbo-charged. Please observe the benefits of the current 320d. Not only they have better fuel efficiency (understatement), they also have tuning options from BMW Performance to increase BHP/Torque officially via RM7k upgrade. This is something I look forward too for the N20 in the future
- new technology for i-Drive... if I read somewhere, the new console is powered by Nvidia chipset.. don't know how true
- electronic damper system... to switch from firm ride to comfort ride depending on situation. I have always love BMW's handling especially on high speed cornering. But would love if I have the option to switch to comfort for those uneven roads.

Hard to convince myself to change from NA I6 to turbo at the moment. Have tried some turbo cars before, is not that bad but still cant beat the smooth feel by NA. Let see hows the new turbo 4 'surprise' us then. :D

kimi yap;669007 said:
Hard to convince myself to change from NA I6 to turbo at the moment. Have tried some turbo cars before, is not that bad but still cant beat the smooth feel by NA. Let see hows the new turbo 4 'surprise' us then. :D

If the new X1 with N20 engines comes to Malaysia... I'm sure we can more or less get a 1st hand experience before the official launch of the F30 in Malaysia...

Can't wait :p

I agree with you bro SapphireBlack :) We're talking about BMW and with their technology/innovation, newer generation engines are always an improvement compared to it's predecessors. If Proton cars then maybe I will stick to my ride because it's the same Camplo engine and power window breaking every now and then.

SapphireBlack;668983 said:
True enough but would one want to take the plunge and be a guinea pig for the 1st batch of CBU's 3 coming 2012? :rolleyes:

I am just wondering how would the price of current E90 LCI be once the F30 is out? What kind of plunge in terms of pricing would we be seeing?

I'm not from the E46 era and does would not know how it was when E90 was introduced during E46's time. Any people with such experience? :wink:

My plan is to wait for the M sport version which usually takes a while to be released..hope by that time all the bugs will be rectified...I believe the first batch of F30's will be still running on N52's(maybe) so if that's true i will be keeping mine till the N20 comes in.. There's good and bad on the last badge as the LCI specs...good news is full spec with all the goodies and all the bugs rectified as well..and of course the part that suckz is another new model coming soon..

Anyway just enjoy la while the I6 is still with us ;)

VKS;669518 said:
My plan is to wait for the M sport version which usually takes a while to be released..hope by that time all the bugs will be rectified...I believe the first batch of F30's will be still running on N52's(maybe) so if that's true i will be keeping mine till the N20 comes in.. There's good and bad on the last badge as the LCI specs...good news is full spec with all the goodies and all the bugs rectified as well..and of course the part that suckz is another new model coming soon..

Anyway just enjoy la while the I6 is still with us ;)

I'm enjoying every moment of it.. and this morning while i was walking out of Old Town Kopitiam from a quick cheap breakfast, I saw a white E90 LCI passes by (without looking at the rear badge first) and straight away I could tell it is a diesel... cos the diesel engine sound is quite prominent :p True enough it is a 320d.

Honestly, besides the 320d being the next best thing (fuel, bhp and torque) for the local E90 series, I still loves the exhaust tone and engine revs of the 325i once u push it up higher RPM. The characteristics of the NA and also the sports suspension, feels like a go-kart or perhaps a Civic Type-R (my other choice before getting the 325i M-Sport). And trust me, long time ago, moment after purchasing my car and driving it for the first time... I thought to myself... I just purchased a really expensive go-kart for my daily drive! Only difference, great looking sporty interior, wonderful i-Drive.. and the pride of owning a Beemer! Ha ha ha!

SapphireBlack;669005 said:
- electronic damper system... to switch from firm ride to comfort ride depending on situation. I have always love BMW's handling especially on high speed cornering. But would love if I have the option to switch to comfort for those uneven roads.

I was told by a BMW workshop that these cost minimum RM18k to replace when it goes kaput....some people just replace with normal one and there is a 'Retrofit to Delete" module available to turn off the system because they can't afford to replace it.

I would welcome the new F30 328i turbo if I had was coming from a 325i e90... but from a 335i e90,the F30 will have to be really really special la;)

Or maybe I should return to 5ers... the F10 looks pretty yummy,more so if in Msport 28i turbo guise.

supergripen;669866 said:
I would welcome the new F30 328i turbo if I had was coming from a 325i e90... but from a 335i e90,the F30 will have to be really really special la;)

Or maybe I should return to 5ers... the F10 looks pretty yummy,more so if in Msport 28i turbo guise.

Dun waste time la. For you straight angkat ///M3 or ///M5 the real ultimate driving machine

initialM;669868 said:
Dun waste time la. For you straight angkat ///M3 or ///M5 the real ultimate driving machine

Fahmi,I'm moving towards a more 'mature' drive nowadays.. since I bought my superbike,I don't drive fast as much as I used to.Entah la,now nak cari comfort speed,and not merciless violent speed.I have that on my bike wink wink;)

Am I making any sense ah?? Dunno la,dah pening lalat haha.

haywire;669723 said:
I was told by a BMW workshop that these cost minimum RM18k to replace when it goes kaput....some people just replace with normal one and there is a 'Retrofit to Delete" module available to turn off the system because they can't afford to replace it.

That's where the BSRI comes in! :100:

Ha ha ha!

supergripen;669866 said:

Of course... going from E90 335i to F30 N20 would be like downgrading isn't it? Not saying it is bad.. sometimes people just don't need the fastest anymore as time passes. But then.. i could be wrong... Which is faster... E90 335i or the Golf R? :p

Nevertheless, would be interesting if X1 28i twin turbo comes into malaysia. Then.. i can really experience it first hand the new-gen engine.

SapphireBlack;669719 said:
I'm enjoying every moment of it.. and this morning while i was walking out of Old Town Kopitiam from a quick cheap breakfast, I saw a white E90 LCI passes by (without looking at the rear badge first) and straight away I could tell it is a diesel... cos the diesel engine sound is quite prominent :p True enough it is a 320d.

Honestly, besides the 320d being the next best thing (fuel, bhp and torque) for the local E90 series, I still loves the exhaust tone and engine revs of the 325i once u push it up higher RPM. The characteristics of the NA and also the sports suspension, feels like a go-kart or perhaps a Civic Type-R (my other choice before getting the 325i M-Sport). And trust me, long time ago, moment after purchasing my car and driving it for the first time... I thought to myself... I just purchased a really expensive go-kart for my daily drive! Only difference, great looking sporty interior, wonderful i-Drive.. and the pride of owning a Beemer! Ha ha ha!

120% agree with your statement!!!
The engine "music" is really sweet...

SapphireBlack;669957 said:
Then... i guess it will be BMW = Banyak Makan Wang! :biggrin::vroam:

From what i have understand from Audi stuff, it will cost you a bomb to replace them.
VW uses the same system, so it won't be far away.

Top Bottom