why UDM not merz?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bangibimmer

Club Guest
why is it i'm just like you all or you all just like me? why do we prefer bmw instead of merz? price? road handling? performance? Despite whatever they said about merz most of us look down on merz. true or not?BanyakMakan Wangtrue or not?

These are the same question merc owners will be asking themselves, don't you think? ;)

Personally I have nothing aginst Mercs. I think they are great cars too, driven a few myself ( not mine lah of course..) just that I dont wanna be called uncle and moreover it just does give give you the driving pleasure.

I mean sure BMW's can be ( so some claim ) a little more tempremental, but hey have you ever had a realtionship that there wasnt any problems.. so you see for a UDM owner its the passion and the love for UDM's

I was driving a WB210 98 E240 be4 I change to a E39 525. Personally I feel that the UDM has better roadholding but maintenance wise is more expensive. I used to have a E28 and that's why gone back to BMW which is more responsive when u need it. :yahoo: :yahoo: :rofl:

Originally posted by cwk_ipoh@Aug 12 2005, 01:41 AM
I was driving a WB210 98 E240 be4 I change to a E39 525. Personally I feel that the UDM has better roadholding but maintenance wise is more expensive. I used to have a E28 and that's why gone back to BMW which is more responsive when u need it. :yahoo: :yahoo: :rofl:
Agree with you bro. I had been trying and changing cars a lot but at the end I still own a bimmer. As they say THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE :D

e39 just caught me the very moment i saw it years ago but only managed to get one now. The car look damn good, solid and menacing too. i just think that "bmw" got this unexplanaible naughty attraction and normally associated with the youngsters (physically or at heart) :lol: I would agree with sithwarrior as i think driving an e240 would add a few more years to my age. he he. People had been teling me that this brand is quite expensive to maintain but like you all i just love the UDM.

Good performance, good price ;) and handsome

i'm still waiting for the hardcore bimmers :D to say something they would say to a merz owner.. ha ha

in FORMULA 1 ..i'm a Mclaren fan

but in reality im a die hard bimmer driver. only if i had the chance to drive

those F1 BMW ...sure always podium finish one :p

Originally posted by ICEMAN 13@Aug 12 2005, 04:56 AM
in FORMULA 1 ..i'm a Mclaren fan

but in reality im a die hard bimmer driver. only if i had the chance to drive

those F1 BMW ...sure always podium finish one :p

Kenot .. not enuf piston to join the race ...

:) i love mercs as much as i love bimmers..well maybe a bit less compared to bimmers.u see,the mercs i love normally answers to the name CLK55,SLK55,E55 and the one i love the most CLS55..as u can see these are big engined and even bigger priced..just sooo unattainable.
although i also love the M3,M5 and M6 with bimmers i can also have cars like the 328i,330i,525i,530i etc which are more attainable with a little bit less performance.. with mercs,wud i want the C180,C200K,C230K etc etc?? 4cyl machines with barely any soul?? no thanks... :)

When I look for car after sold my skyline

1. Rear wheel drive
2. Solid built - Conti
3. Lest than 30K
4. 6 Cylinder
5. Not classic car.

Only e32,e34 match ......merc can afford ,just higher price.

Was actually a Merc fan before converting..... Will consider to convert back after I put on some more years cabutz! :D

I was wondering if you have paired a W210 E240 (2.4l) against a 523i (2.5l) by flooring it? I was pleasently surprised with the performance of the gusty small block V6 the other day when I took one for a spin. Pretty impressive acceleration and driver feel I must saw on the straight. The Bimmer's suspension performs better round the bends but it is a matter of getting used to in the Merc to whack the corners. May roll but it glues. That certainly changed my perception of the car.

:) the prev E looked a bit oldies to me la..even with 18s,they still looked stodgy and lacked excitement.i'd die of boredom owning one..but then thats juz me la..

My brother use to own a Merz b4, but after several years used. Finally sold. Thn he got him self an E39 525i in year 2002 and this year March he got him self another E60 520i. AFAIK, his previous Merz gave him very much of problems and very uncle look. And now, he is very happy with his UDM. Now my family all driving UDM except my dad's Merz. U know la ...Merz is for old fella ma...Actually my dad also like UDM too, but he says Merz suit for his age le. My father age 65 this year and he says UDM is for newer generation.

:) like i said earlier,mercs are stodgy and bore machines..unless u have those with huge engines with superchargers.it'll cost u ur house though... :wink:

Yup, Merz are strong on Muscle car. But they are going down by their current saloon's models. Even the new S-class design looks very much like 7 series interior, Accord front and Hyundai Elantra rear. They have lost their own image and keep copying others.
Ohh, i think i just say too much...
Pls forgive me for those who drive Merz. especially the S dudes.

:D having said that,the new models that are coming out do have the handling and looks to threaten BMW in their own field.
the only problem is that other than their big engined hotrods,the rest of the range leave much to be desired.. but i love the CLS especially the one by Brabus..

:yes: Yup, i do also love the New CLS model. Very beetle look. :D
But the next change of C-class will make me vomit :beaten: especially the interior....check out this pics below.

Top Bottom