Why BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi guys,
my first car was proton saga magma 1.5..at that time i think that is the best car i ever owned, then i make some good income i changed my saga to wira 1.5 also thinking this going to be my best car ever, im kind of mod guys so my car will be mod from rim until sound system..even my wira i mod my engine to mivec 1.6..then the good thing start rolling..my first ever bimmer was E46 Msport 2.2..what surprising me is the time i had to spent for my bimmer on and off to workshop to maintenance, but im still hanging on..then after 3 good years with my bimmer i letting her go...i got my self toyota alphard..then life begin so quiet..just put on petrol and normal services every 10k kilo...boriiiiiiing...hahahahaha...after 3 years i got back in love with my e39 530i..then life start cheerful again...i think i being addict to bimmer la...im still have my alphard and now my wife driving it to work...but now im on the hunt for X5 to add on my headache world of bimmer...what can i say...its make me feel good...anyone agreed..

EL118;679265 said:
I have done biz with the Japanese and i would like to say they really respect what they r doing and pay attention to every details in engineering. their sense of responsibility for their work is very strong never tired to constantly improve their work. result --- superior quality products with minimum defects

I have not done biz with the Germans but with other european / western countries. generally they are more towards enjoying life rather than strive to reach for perfection in their work.---the reliability issue is far too behind than the Japanese. (though they dare to try new technology, but the reliability issue normally arise out of "standard" or low technology parts which should not be the excuse)

Some die-hard fans of BMW would argue that every car marque would got their problems. that is true but the defect rate is what we are talking about. some would say 3-5% is acceptable. i think for the Japanese marque is less than 0.5%. that is easily a whopping 10 times less reliable than its Japanese counterparts.

BSRI or warranty is one part. the time needed to send the car in and out of the workshop is taxing even for the self employed, not to mentioned those need to report to work daily.

I love my BMW but just got very much annoyed by news of constant problems, and the worry of when would be the day i got stranded in highway under the hot sun or rainny day or something. (worse if with important guest in the car)

I have been trying very hard to maintain my BMWs in the best way i could. (more or less like maintaining a relationship, he he). hope that my "hardwork" pay off well.

There should not be reason or need to sacrifice reliability for performance. they should go hand in hand!

just my comment as a BMW supporter, no offend to anybody

I feel the same way bout my car. "more or less.....relationship"

scyfull;685927 said:
Hi guys,
my first car was proton saga magma 1.5..at that time i think that is the best car i ever owned, then i make some good income i changed my saga to wira 1.5 also thinking this going to be my best car ever, im kind of mod guys so my car will be mod from rim until sound system..even my wira i mod my engine to mivec 1.6..then the good thing start rolling..my first ever bimmer was E46 Msport 2.2..what surprising me is the time i had to spent for my bimmer on and off to workshop to maintenance, but im still hanging on..then after 3 good years with my bimmer i letting her go...i got my self toyota alphard..then life begin so quiet..just put on petrol and normal services every 10k kilo...boriiiiiiing...hahahahaha...after 3 years i got back in love with my e39 530i..then life start cheerful again...i think i being addict to bimmer la...im still have my alphard and now my wife driving it to work...but now im on the hunt for X5 to add on my headache world of bimmer...what can i say...its make me feel good...anyone agreed..

I agree with you bro..i must say i'm already and forever addicted to BMW regardless of the models. owning a Jap car is a tad boring routine as there have not been much to learn and explore with the car. i have an Estima to ferry my family around from point A to Z. it gives me a peace of mind for quite a few years but recently I got an itch to upgrade. I must say that, to some extent, I love my old junk more than my estima..hehe, I always feel gooood with my UDM....

I guess suffering from breakdowns is just parts and parcels of owning a BMW. I've had my E39 for almost four years now.Its got 432,000kms and needing an engine replacement soon.Don't really want to spend the money to do it, but putting a liter of engine oil every two weeks is getting pretty old, not to mention embarrassing if I have to do it at a public parking lot.

There are two things in my life I don't want to let go; My girlfriend Shahida and my E39.Both are beautiful.Both are wonderful.Both make me smile.But Shahida cost less to please, more dependable, and gives me a lot less problems than my E39.

They say life has its ups and downs. If that's true, then Shahida is my "Up", and the E39 is my "Down". I have accepted that fact and moved on.

I don't know much about the newer models, but perhaps one possible way to reduce the frequency of the need to get the older BMWs into the workshop is by pro-actively replacing all or most of the wear & tear items at one go during a normal ppm. It seems to work for me so far as I've never had a single (touchwood) roadside breakdown yet from any of my E46 318i, E46 325i, E36 318i & E32 740i.

And all of these old rides are still running strong and relatively smooth as of today. Heck, even the newly acquired 2 month old Gold TSi that I got for my missus is being parked 95% of the time because she still prefers to drive the old E46 318i. The point I want to make is that we shouldn't skimp on 'real' maintenance when it is due.

bmw4eva;686308 said:
I guess suffering from breakdowns is just parts and parcels of owning a BMW. I've had my E39 for almost four years now.Its got 432,000kms and needing an engine replacement soon.Don't really want to spend the money to do it, but putting a liter of engine oil every two weeks is getting pretty old, not to mention embarrassing if I have to do it at a public parking lot.

There are two things in my life I don't want to let go; My girlfriend Shahida and my E39.Both are beautiful.Both are wonderful.Both make me smile.But Shahida cost less to please, more dependable, and gives me a lot less problems than my E39.

They say life has its ups and downs. If that's true, then Shahida is my "Up", and the E39 is my "Down". I have accepted that fact and moved on.

I supposed things might be different when your gf become hm. he he. at least when your E39 is not happy, it just keep quiet.

pardypeople;679246 said:
If bought brand new and having issues in a week, then reliability is questionable. After 2-5 years and being the 2nd owner obviously its due for some major maintenance.

Bro Pardypeople:

A lot of truth in what you said. But when a person love their car, the myth $$$$$ become not so bothersome.

same goes here....me
1) my daily ride e36 325
2) my wife daily ride e46 330ci
3) my weekend n trip ride abselute RB1(CAN CONSIDER AS SPARE OR BACKUP CAR)

since i finish my form 5 i sudah gian mau pakai kereta....so sementara tgu spm result i do my part time at giant,kfc,n mcd....until my money enough to by my dream car e30..heheheh...so stupid that time...yes afort to buy but never afort to maintain..heheheh bertahan utk 3thn jer..than jual n continue my studies at uk....so back there i jual bli kereta as my part time job..till i can afort again to by my e36....yeahhh..akhirnya ..but this time know oridi to maintain the car...back to malaysia with my lovely e36....work with binariang...n get married....that time my wife driving a wira..so i hadiahkan her for our anyversary with this e46 330ci......than the pening kepala pn mula...heheheh firs the roadtax mahal...even hutang bank habis pn sekarang, nk byar roadtax for avery year pn tk larat...hehehehehe..but than like bro jft n others said...the joy the smiling faces is all in u when u own this ultimate mechine.....so keep the pain .....i rather keep this both udm than let it go..and hope will afort to maintain them oso...heheheh

Top Bottom