Why BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
spidey;680122 said:
Yes mate and enjoying every minute of it. Only thing is that since I got my ride I have been travelling overseas so much that have not had much time to really enjoy the drive. Just clocked 2000km and cant wait to get back to JB to drive her again. I am currently in Denmark and will be home on Sunday.

Although my E46 is 11 years old now, it is just as nice to drive and I really love the shape. Planning to send it in to the workshop next week to change the gearbox and engine seals, slight leak. A good service and then officially hand over to the wife.

Oh, can understand that. Everytime when I travel, I miss my car. :wink:
Dilemma now for me, either to pick a very new 325 M sport or a 4-5yrs old 335....

Vroom325;680292 said:
Oh, can understand that. Everytime when I travel, I miss my car. :wink:
Dilemma now for me, either to pick a very new 325 M sport or a 4-5yrs old 335....

I am not sure how the others feel but personally would not go for a car more than 3 years old. Problem is we do not know the history and initial costs for repair and maintenance is going to be very high. That being said though there is no replacing the power and handling you have on the 335. End of the day it is a matter of you following your heart or your head mate.

My 325 M-Sport is a pre-reg and found it good value for $. It is a 2011 model and has all the bells & whistles as AB is preparing for the F30 arrival next year and they need to clear all their cars.

spidey;680300 said:
I am not sure how the others feel but personally would not go for a car more than 3 years old. Problem is we do not know the history and initial costs for repair and maintenance is going to be very high. That being said though there is no replacing the power and handling you have on the 335. End of the day it is a matter of you following your heart or your head mate.

My 325 M-Sport is a pre-reg and found it good value for $. It is a 2011 model and has all the bells & whistles as AB is preparing for the F30 arrival next year and they need to clear all their cars.

Dude,
What's wrong with more than 3 years old car? Maintenance and initial repair costs? Well you buy cheaper than cars less than 3 years old in the first place. And that amount of savings you could use for the possible repairs and of course maintenance. And still have extra money left in the kitty (taken from Mike Brewer from Wheelers Dealers-UK tv used car show)

Provided you know your limits and haggle well. Most importantly when buying a used car is to do your homework first . These days a lot of forums and info widely available on the internet making used car purchases a lot safer, fun and most of all won't break your bank.

Unlike those old days where ppl shun used cars due to I think lack of knowledge amplified by the lack of resources apart from mechanics or people with bad experience of a particular car/brand. Hence the bad publicity and Msian public perception on used cars. I said Msian because I didn't see this kind of perception in the general UK car lovers.

Just my 0.0000002 sen opinion.

Hi Spidey and Zib, thanks.
Yup, aware of all the points that both of you have shared with me.

335i about 250k has dropped closed to 50%, the depreciation is min. from now onwards.
At this age, the HPFP, turbo, belts, bushes most likely will need replacement.
Will need to spare some money, time, effort to bring it back to perfect condition.
Then, it will be a hot and kick axx car. hehe....:rock:

In another hand, a 325 M sport, which I also think it's also good enough for me.:wink:
If i use the right gear, rpm, it's still powerful enough. Nevern the less, very smooth too.
Of course, without turbo, sudden dash out is always the disadvantage.
However, I don't really do that much in my driving.

Well, it's really head or heart, still have a couple months to think about it...

zib;680432 said:
Dude,
What's wrong with more than 3 years old car? Maintenance and initial repair costs? Well you buy cheaper than cars less than 3 years old in the first place. And that amount of savings you could use for the possible repairs and of course maintenance. And still have extra money left in the kitty (taken from Mike Brewer from Wheelers Dealers-UK tv used car show)

Provided you know your limits and haggle well. Most importantly when buying a used car is to do your homework first . These days a lot of forums and info widely available on the internet making used car purchases a lot safer, fun and most of all won't break your bank.

Unlike those old days where ppl shun used cars due to I think lack of knowledge amplified by the lack of resources apart from mechanics or people with bad experience of a particular car/brand. Hence the bad publicity and Msian public perception on used cars. I said Msian because I didn't see this kind of perception in the general UK car lovers.

Just my 0.0000002 sen opinion.

Bro totally agree with you, just that I personally dont want to go through all that hassle again. Getting too old for all this :)

BMW is nice to drive no doubt.Jap cars just couldn't compare. Frens drive 3,5 and 7 series ...all oso kena masuk workshop.I have met many owners in the BMW annual golf tourney.When asked about BMW car..famous answer is "Aiya..car is good to drive but always spoil!"

If one says his bimmer repair rate is as good as the Jap car,for sure he has got Toyota engine inside d BMW body.I lost count how much I had spent on repairs and wear and tear on my 325 E46 but as many has commented,you have got to pay to play.I have added another German car in my family.It;s still new so let's see how it will hold up after the 3rd yr.

I am not trying to scare future potential bimmer owners away but if you think you have the extra dough..go for it.
=)

Both the BMW and Japs cars have their pros n cons. Just make some research before owning either one. Well, I'm just happy to drive my 10 years old M54 without any major issues. She still makes me smile whenever I get behind the steering wheel. Just a true joy to drive one.

lolex;681521 said:
BMW is nice to drive no doubt.Jap cars just couldn't compare. Frens drive 3,5 and 7 series ...all oso kena masuk workshop.I have met many owners in the BMW annual golf tourney.When asked about BMW car..famous answer is "Aiya..car is good to drive but always spoil!"

If one says his bimmer repair rate is as good as the Jap car,for sure he has got Toyota engine inside d BMW body.I lost count how much I had spent on repairs and wear and tear on my 325 E46 but as many has commented,you have got to pay to play.I have added another German car in my family.It;s still new so let's see how it will hold up after the 3rd yr.

I am not trying to scare future potential bimmer owners away but if you think you have the extra dough..go for it.
=)

Agreed. We should share impartial experience as a BMW owners for those comtemplating to get a BMW to make an "informed decision". I always pursuade my biz friend to switch camp from Merc to BMW but pre-warn him about the potential issues.

lolex;681799 said:
If its not 335,don't think he can catch up.=P

Wow your car very powderful la. Mind sharing what mod you've done on your 325?:cool:

all i can summarize after owning three different BMW is that;

before you own a BMW you are a rich man but after owning one you become a poor man...

rich here not confine to monetary aspect only...

you spend so much money maintaining the car instead of making better use of the money...you get poorer...
you spend so much time maintaining the car instead of spending time for your work...you get poorer...
you spend so much energy to explain what went wrong to the mechanic instead of spending quality time with family...you get poorer...
you spend so much time getting angry at the dealership instead of being happy doing something else...you get poorer...
you spend so much time learning about the car and forget about other better things to learn...you get poorer...
you spend so much time in the forum instead of doing some other useful things...you get poorer...

to sum up, BMW makes you poor...

I learn very good lesson...if you want your business competitor to flop, you do not have to reduce your price, make better product or spend so much money on marketing...just spend more time with them and racun them to buy a BMW...that's all it takes...

t2ribena;682101 said:

before you own a BMW you are a rich man but after owning one you become a poor man...

you spend so much money maintaining the car instead of making better use of the money...you get poorer...
you spend so much time maintaining the car instead of spending time for your work...you get poorer...
you spend so much energy to explain what went wrong to the mechanic instead of spending quality time with family...you get poorer...
you spend so much time getting angry at the dealership instead of being happy doing something else...you get poorer...
you spend so much time learning about the car and forget about other better things to learn...you get poorer...
you spend so much time in the forum instead of doing some other useful things...you get poorer...

One thing for sure is that i did spend a lot of time ( much more than i could ever imagine) to learn about BMW, learn how to maintain it, spent a lot in 3 mths than past 10 years on maintenance, often times distracted from my work... etc

like drug...

t2ribena;682101 said:

I learn very good lesson...if you want your business competitor to flop, you do not have to reduce your price, make better product or spend so much money on marketing...just spend more time with them and racun them to buy a BMW...that's all it takes...

Couldn't agree more. But I rather be poor guy and still drive BMW. Damn I'm not only poor but stupid:smokin:

initialM;682103 said:
Couldn't agree more. But I rather be poor guy and still drive BMW. Damn I'm not only poor but stupid:smokin:

Wey, you are still rich lah..But BMW can make u poorer...hehehe

initialM;682065 said:
Wow your car very powderful la. Mind sharing what mod you've done on your 325?:cool:

Not powerful enough tats y 335 can potong ma...its a modded mark6. 325SMG? haha..ori all the way...

EL118;682102 said:
One thing for sure is that i did spend a lot of time ( much more than i could ever imagine) to learn about BMW, learn how to maintain it, spent a lot in 3 mths than past 10 years on maintenance, often times distracted from my work... etc

like drug...

No doubt,anyone who cares for his bimmer does that.When unfamiliar things happen to the car,forum,phonecalls..check here and thr and find best solutions for it.

Top Bottom