Where to find Sachs Advantage or Bilstein B8 locally?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lwloh

Club Guest
Dear all,I am looking for absorbers replacement for all 4 nos for my E39 530 2001 M-sports. The existing absorbers i had are B8 by the previous owner. Would like to know where any some one could guide me to a local dealer for either Sachs advantage or Bilstein B8 ? I did ask ZF malaysia for the Sachs Advantage, and when i saw the prices, i nearly fainted :vollkommenauf:.. RM 4.4k for all 4 absorbers and need to import somemore. Cheers !

You will also faint when you know about price for B8 (yellow). About RM 4k for 4 pcs with installation. Quite a number of shops at Sunway carry Bilstein and another one is Hakamotor at Batu Caves Industrial. Instead of Sachs Advantage, you can go for Sachs Touring to replace yr M-sports absorbers. Check Sachs prices from Bomin, Bavarian Auto, Munich Auto and SuanHuat.

Cheaper in Singaland.
Try calling Eng Soon. +65 6291 5673 . Ask to be shipped to KL (extra cost)
I think they still have stock.

Thanx Herbert. In fact i did check with Albert, he told me locally B8 yellow about RM4k too. But if he import from Sing, RM 3.2k. my wallet also pening. haaha

M-sport always more expensive. Actually bimmer73 (Mike) also e39 530i UK M-sport and he was using BS B12 lasted only slightly more than 2 years. Now he is using Sachs Touring and very much cheaper.

RM3.3K plus installation - got my B8 at ALFATECH, Sunway ... but u got to place a deposit and order in advance!

hi herbert,

my e46 actually lurking around for new shockers, any heads up on the Sach's touring? been hearing only good comments...

i called up eng soon today. they say they dun have sachs. only bilsteins and boge. but i email them as well later to be sure. susah cari ni advantage..

bro,

I normally bought bilstein b8 in hup shun sunway (big falken sign board, located in front of used car, same row with JFA exhaust).

Always got stock, no need deposit. Lousy alignment work. For alignment you can go to MPS auto or Shah Alam Tyres. Expensive but worth it.

For Sach Advantage try search Ebay. No idea how to get in Malaysia.

dont waste your time looking for Sachs Advantage.
bloody expensive and almost impossible to find in Malaysia and Singapore.

Sachs Touring is yr OEM replacement for your stock absorbers.
Its not meant to be used with lowered springs. Can use but be prepared for it to die soon.

Bilstein and Koni are more easily available but Singapore is so much cheaper.

listen to the guru. soon to be FI guru also.... :D

feisaldzul;647694 said:

Its not meant to be used with lowered springs. Can use but be prepared for it to die soon.

feisaldzul;647694 said:

Well i have finally decided to get the normal Boge absorbers. The B8 are too hard for me esp when at highway, bumpy. Sachs advantage too expensive. So lets see how this Boge works...

herbert;648704 said:
Loh,

Boge abs is good. Want more stability add Eibach ARB.

Hi there. May I know where to get the Eibach ARB & pro-kit for E46? Roughly how much is it selling now?

Sorry guys, does the M-Sport uses Bilstien B8 as the original absorber or it's something else? What do we need to get to replace the original M-Sport absorbers?

aoch88;651957 said:
Sorry guys, does the M-Sport uses Bilstien B8 as the original absorber or it's something else? What do we need to get to replace the original M-Sport absorbers?

As i understand, Sachs advantage is a good replacement for the M-sports absorbers. But at rm4.4k for all 4 pcs excluding labour and need to wait 6-8 weeks, i can forget about it. call up singapore to a few suppliers, pun tala stok. The B8 is really good when taking corners, but since i travel quite a lot on highway, the slight road undulation could gimme headache with the hard absorbers, esp north south highway on the way to seremban. finally i settled with Boge advantage, not the boge turbo. rm 1.7k for 4 pcs.. cheap cheap...

rg470;651941 said:
Hi there. May I know where to get the Eibach ARB & pro-kit for E46? Roughly how much is it selling now?

rg470,

I installed Eibach ARB for my e39 for RM 2,400 c/w installation at Hakamotor, Batu Caves Industrial Park. Believe for e46 same price as e39. As for pro-kit, about RM 1,300.

lwloh;651968 said:
As i understand, Sachs advantage is a good replacement for the M-sports absorbers. But at rm4.4k for all 4 pcs excluding labour and need to wait 6-8 weeks, i can forget about it. call up singapore to a few suppliers, pun tala stok. The B8 is really good when taking corners, but since i travel quite a lot on highway, the slight road undulation could gimme headache with the hard absorbers, esp north south highway on the way to seremban. finally i settled with Boge advantage, not the boge turbo. rm 1.7k for 4 pcs.. cheap cheap...

Loh,

Since you are traveling quite a lot on highway, install Eibach ARB and you would feel a world of difference in terms of high speed stability and taking corners.

aoch88;651957 said:

I've been told the ori M-sport II suspension on an E39 is actually Sachs Super Touring, I have seen the label on my ori one and it does say Sachs. I'm replacing mine with the Super Touring for all 4 sides.

herbert;651979 said:
rg470,

I installed Eibach ARB for my e39 for RM 2,400 c/w installation at Hakamotor, Batu Caves Industrial Park. Believe for e46 same price as e39. As for pro-kit, about RM 1,300.

Loh,

Since you are traveling quite a lot on highway, install Eibach ARB and you would feel a world of difference in terms of high speed stability and taking corners.

hi Herbert, is the eibach ARB spring lowered spring? or is it standard stock height? tqtq

adrianyam;652051 said:
hi Herbert, is the eibach ARB spring lowered spring? or is it standard stock height? tqtq

Eibach 'ARB' is Anti-Roll Bar, not a spring bro.

Top Bottom