Where to buy: Central armrest DVD player

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yeap, dont have the power supply...Cant cucuk anywhere to power up la.. hehehe so macammana

guys, just checked with the supplier today, they do not supply the cig. lighter.. means that the cig ligther is not included in the package instead they are using the fuse box that connects directly to the DC12V in the car. Basically there are 2 options to connect the power supply to the DVD player.

1. Buy the cig ligther from outside that can connect to the DVD player directly.

picture.php

2. Connect the car DC12V to the fuse box provided in the package.

picture.php

Any of you have done the installation?

Good idea there Jarance..but me hopeless in wiring. Scared wrongly done the item blow in my face...hehehe. Will need to go see my ICE installer than.

yoke;466621 said:
Good idea there Jarance..but me hopeless in wiring. Scared wrongly done the item blow in my face...hehehe. Will need to go see my ICE installer than.

For the DIY guys.. try this..

carcharger1.jpg

Not to worry about fuse cos the DVD player already have fuse. it is the black box in the cable.

thanks Jarance! This is really a good idea. :top:

:listen: p/s: if you can show us the picture with the cig. charger/lighter opened out and the wiring connection... that is the Best of the Best.. hehehee..

BMW2007;466676 said:
thanks Jarance! This is really a good idea. :top:

:listen: p/s: if you can show us the picture with the cig. charger/lighter opened out and the wiring connection... that is the Best of the Best.. hehehee..

Dont have lah. but can give you sketch..

You guys own me big time.. :wink::wink:

CHARGERMODIFY.jpg

jarance;466038 said:
ok kl people all collected..

and my unit sold to FF.

have fun with the new toy..

Thanks Jarance. Already collected the unit from Nazri. It looks like it can fit my centre console nicely.

Just collected my unit from BMW 2007... (Thanks)

As Jarance mention the screen is a tad too big... and does not fit nicely to E46... Might drop by my installer later and just see if there is somethng that he can help with..

Anyone is going to install to E46, pls do share how you fit the large screen to the centre.

I just found that most telephone shop have ciggie charge from china for HP selling at Rm5.00 to RM8.00.

buy one and modify..

Can't resist anymore drop in to my installer and had in install. Took like an hour...

For those who had not install.. this might be helpful.. Do not screw the bracket into the center console it will not serve any purpose instead just use double sided tape..

The vertical movement is very hard to move up and down hence if you use screw after a sometime if you move it up and down I am sure it will break the screw hole will enlarge and than loosen up the bracket..

Anyway to move it you will still need to use the support of 2 hand one hand hold the base the other move thus easier and safer way use double sided tape..

The FM transmitter is a bit of a dissapointment.. the frequency range is very small 87.7-89.x so not much channel that you can use in that range.

Other than that so far all looks good just watch like 30 mins of cartoon from the unit..

The fitment of the LCD in between the 2 chairs are just perfect.. can do 350 degrees turn.. and chair recline no problem.. One downside I cannot push up the arm console as I have the unit sitting on it instead of installing it higher coz I did not use the screw option..

Will try and take some photo tomorrow and post, for those that wants a sample..

jarance;466741 said:
how much to install?

what type antenna you use for tv

Paid 50 for the installation...

Mine does not come with the TV.. it's the basic set.. But I did asked the installer, he said can use internal type which you will basically stick it to the windscreen...

yee7402;466736 said:
Can't resist anymore drop in to my installer and had in install. Took like an hour...

For those who had not install.. this might be helpful.. Do not screw the bracket into the center console it will not serve any purpose instead just use double sided tape..

The vertical movement is very hard to move up and down hence if you use screw after a sometime if you move it up and down I am sure it will break the screw hole will enlarge and than loosen up the bracket..

Anyway to move it you will still need to use the support of 2 hand one hand hold the base the other move thus easier and safer way use double sided tape..

The FM transmitter is a bit of a dissapointment.. the frequency range is very small 87.7-89.x so not much channel that you can use in that range.

Other than that so far all looks good just watch like 30 mins of cartoon from the unit..

The fitment of the LCD in between the 2 chairs are just perfect.. can do 350 degrees turn.. and chair recline no problem.. One downside I cannot push up the arm console as I have the unit sitting on it instead of installing it higher coz I did not use the screw option..

Will try and take some photo tomorrow and post, for those that wants a sample..

Did you use double sided tape on the whole length of the arm? Or just at the circular disc area where you suppose to drill? Thanks for sharing.

Just DIY mine yesterday. Works fine. I went to poke a hole in the console since mine is an old E32. What the heck la.. Connected the wires to the ciggie lighter connection and it works fine. I also use contact glue (Dunlop Glue) at the arm and the circular disc as it will limit the movement once my daughter change the disc.

badrul880;467549 said:
Just DIY mine yesterday. Works fine. I went to poke a hole in the console since mine is an old E32. What the heck la.. Connected the wires to the ciggie lighter connection and it works fine. I also use contact glue (Dunlop Glue) at the arm and the circular disc as it will limit the movement once my daughter change the disc.

picture please... :cool:

funfer_fahrer;467495 said:
Did you use double sided tape on the whole length of the arm? Or just at the circular disc area where you suppose to drill? Thanks for sharing.

Just the circular area and the horizontal area where the monitor sit on.

Top Bottom