Wheel Refurbishment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

supergripen

Club Guest
Gents..and ladies,I have a set of Forgestar F14 alloys fitted to my e90.They have been great.But alas,true to it's nature,our famous 'good quality' roads have added another set of alloys to their victim tally.Needless to say I've taken my car to countless 'famous and recommended' tyreshops around the valley for balancing with varying degrees of good and bad results.I love these alloys..they are very light and stylish.So once and for all,I'd like to send them in for a total refurb' job,which includes repairs to bent ones and a repaint to all 4.They are now in polished aluminium finish,but I'd like to re-do them in matte gunmetal finish.So the question is,where should I send them? I mean the utter best.. I don't mind paying more than usual for a one time quality job.Thanx in advance.Reeza aka Supergripen335i e90 aka Toothless:)

I just sent mine to MPS Auto. They send somewhere else to get it refurbed.
All in RM800 for four 19" wheels.

In another thread, there is a shop called Wheel Recond, in Sri Damansara but you have to remove the tyres yourself and send the rims there.

affan66;670790 said:

In another thread, there is a shop called Wheel Recond, in Sri Damansara but you have to remove the tyres yourself and send the rims there.

Bro so fast need to refurbish already

MPS Auto is the middleman, they remove the tyre and send somewhere else for refurbishment.

Wheel Recon is an actual kilang, if you go there you can go and see the rims being refurbished/repaired. But they dont have equipment to remove, refit and balance tyres.

On my last visit (they're kinda behind my house only) I saw one 26 inch tyre being refurbished. When I asked, they guy said 'Hummer'. Damn.

affan66;670790 said:

Affan,thanx.. so how was the job? Was it satisfactory to u? I take it MPS took off the rims and sent it to Wheel Recond?

I always do my alignment and balancing with MPS,best so far..this is good.Good thing I still have my original 225Ms.

Price as stated. Will get my rims back in a day or two. Will do balancing and alignment too and new tyres shodded

affan66;670904 said:
Price as stated. Will get my rims back in a day or two. Will do balancing and alignment too and new tyres shodded

Do let us know how the wheels turn out Affan;)

Roger. Can't wait to get 'em back. Running around in dinky 16" rims really make the car look cacat.

rim refurbished :) :) :)

as promised, here are some pictures of the rims before and after refurbishment

Total cost was RM800 for the refurbishment of four (4) 19" rims, completed over 3 days. Got 16" rims on loan while rims being refurbished. Done at Manji / MPS Auto Sunway.
Also did balancing, alignment, on-wheel balancing all one shot.

Here you go:

my 16" loaner rims by affan66, on Flickr

because the old ones sudah botak by affan66, on Flickr

alignment being done by affan66, on Flickr

tyres also replaced. by affan66, on Flickr

newly refurbished rims by affan66, on Flickr

bent, rongak/kerbed, you name it.
Now balanced and works wonderfully up to 180km/h so far since tyres still new...

affan66;672903 said:
bent, rongak/kerbed, you name it.
Now balanced and works wonderfully up to 180km/h so far since tyres still new...

Awesome.. thanx Affan,I shall be making my way there soon.

Wonder if it'll be cheaper for 18",mind also need to refurbish, last sunday kerbed the rear left while going off jlm duta smart tag lane....

I've done all my rims at heap soon segambut.....very happy w the result and reasonable too

I'm doing refurbishment and painting on my 18" now. Will be ready by this Saturday. Cost is RM700 at Lim Tayar Ampang for the refurbishment and RM600 for the painting. 03-4251-8178. Ask for Lee.

Fadhlan;673384 said:
I'm doing refurbishment and painting on my 18" now. Will be ready by this Saturday. Cost is RM700 at Lim Tayar Ampang for the refurbishment and RM600 for the painting. 03-4251-8178. Ask for Lee.

Total RM1300? Wow, they chop u kaw kaw bro.

Fadhlan;673384 said:

You sure anybody wants to 'ask for Lee' at that price?

Top Bottom