Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks Jipster, I suppose quality is the main thing for me. One of my rims in quite bad shape cos of kerb scratches and another one is slightly bengkok. How long would the job take? BTW, do they do the job themselves or do they outsource? For bengkok rims which require a bit of knocking, how much is this estimated to cost?

How long?.......a week thereabouts depends....may need to run on spare wheels for the time being or another car....I dunno if sunny will lend u a set.....soemone mnetioned that the segambut place does that but I dunno really....

Inhouse or outsource?.....for sunny definitely outsourced....segambut place apparently is in house.....thats why i said sunny may not be best in terms of price....may be an element of 'handling charges' here....

bengkok rims?....rims generally look stright until u put it on balancing machine and spin it :).....maybe only lip bengkok or maybe whole thing bengkok......

bengkok price?........excruciatingly subjective i think....maybe 30-40 bucks more per piece on top of spray etc. price???? who knows.....

BTW if sunny, I can confirm that u can ask to see some samples of their work....some of the rims they sell in their shop are refurbs....damn sum look like new......buyer beware!!....I hope these guys have enuf ethics NOT to sell them on as new....difficult to tell by cursory exmaination...

Thanks Jipster for your earlier reply. If the map is being PM-ed, please extend a copy to me cos I'm not very familiar with Segambut...

sorry dudes....no pm ...no map....my memory is a bit hazy ....its been awhile and segambut is like a black hole to me :)

But .....I shall from memory try to describe the directions:

if from jalan duta area go straight towards hockey stadium area

at first roundabout - go straight 9u can only go straight anwayway due to construction works)

at second roundabout go straight again (12 oclock)

take first left - it is at a set of traffic lights

merge with trafffic and immediately keep right coz want to turn right after a bus stop - first right i think

go straight and then turn left at a big corner tire shop ....i think its got a michelin sign

go stright ...you will pass auto bavaria on right....road will curve to the right I think at some point

after curve go stright summore and keep looking to your right....the place is a corner tire shop with falken signange I think

I HOPE THIS GETS U THERE......IF U GET LOST, I DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, INCONVENIENCE OR ANY DOEMSTIC ISSUES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THIS.

Top Bottom