What u think is lacking on e36?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nevertheless..even the E9x 3 series still has very limited space compared to the Perdana...it's just the design, and extra thought going into handling/weight distribution I guess.

I guess the BMW's are designed that way so that it feels tight and sporty, making it really a driver's car to enjoy toying with..

astroboy;540574 said:
Major set back for the car today is lack of safety.. only 1 half star NCAP ratings. Chances of surviving a crash is much higher in a Waja then an E36.. :(

Cannot compare like that la bro. E36 designed in the mid to late 80's. There was already a discussion about this. It's not fair pitting the E36 to a Waja. That's like saying the Intel x486 is crappy compared to the current i5 or i7 core. :p

loafer;540756 said:
Cannot compare like that la bro. E36 designed in the mid to late 80's. There was already a discussion about this. It's not fair pitting the E36 to a Waja. That's like saying the Intel x486 is crappy compared to the current i5 or i7 core. :p

hehe... I know. That's why I bold "today".. just for u.. :p so when u have an option to buy a PC today, would u take x486.. :p

Even an E34 is no match to a Kangoo, head on.. amazing how car design has advanced.. :top:

computers and car a bit different la. 10 year old processor, (intel pentium 3) can barely surf the net now..
but 10 year old car, say a nicely maintained e39 is very nice and comfy

loafer;540756 said:

bmw e36 has worse safety than mercedes c class w202 and audi a4 b5... im comparing with same era already..
now really scared to buy e36 328i... fast car with poor safety :eek:

phas3r;540895 said:
computers and car a bit different la. 10 year old processor, (intel pentium 3) can barely surf the net now..
but 10 year old car, say a nicely maintained e39 is very nice and comfy

Can be much faster & stable too hehehe

using e36..i can't blocked other people's car if no empty lot parking...coz i can't put the car gear's at N....compare with my kelisa...hahahaha

Lack of refinement....but its good at its time i guess....e46 is much more refine but less manly IMHO....put a e46 M3 and e36 M3 side by side...i think the latter have a more macho look? Just my very humble opinion.....dont shoot me fellow e46 enthusiast :D

Regards

imho i think a turbocharger and LSD is missing on the e36.. both would combine 2 make the perfect car =)

vexred;553956 said:
imho i think a turbocharger and LSD is missing on the e36.. both would combine 2 make the perfect car =)

LSD is an option when you purchase the car brand new. :)

loafer, so i heard =) do u hav LSD on urs? am trying 2 source an M3 LSD atm.. u got any jln. bro? besides the axle itself, what else do i need 2 change/acquire so that i got both my rear wheels spinning in da RIGHT direction? haha

vexred;554029 said:
loafer, so i heard =) do u hav LSD on urs? am trying 2 source an M3 LSD atm.. u got any jln. bro? besides the axle itself, what else do i need 2 change/acquire so that i got both my rear wheels spinning in da RIGHT direction? haha

Nothing, just the rear axle would do. Not easy to find 3.23 ratio here. Most are 3.15. There was a 3.45 LSD recently I think from kelvinjb.

still sourcing da LSD axle hehe! i knw it can b found! drifting is 'kind of' posssible without da LSD axle.. tried it on wet road but must go quite fast but it's pretty hard 2 do - when 1 wheel only is spinning lol!!

still of cos nothing compares 2 having an LSD axle... my mech has done an E36 wit nissan LSD or toyota LSD axle i can't remember but he sed it is hard as f*ck 2 do, lotsa stuff 2 custom/mod. he also told me grab an M3 unit, plug n play!!

loafer;540397 said:
Actually i believe the LHD have better lower leg room. I noticed in our RHD cars when we're sitting in the front passenger side we're not exactly looking straight. It's a little bit offset to the right.

A friend of mine did say that our cars were designed primarily as a LHD car hence the better driving position and space on the left side but this wasn't re-designed when the RHD versions of the cars were introduced.

thanks!!! this is what i've been experiencing.my left leg feel uncomfortable after driving it for a while.it does annoy me.do e46,e90,f30 rhd have this problem too? thinking of upgrading

initialM;775858 said:
Of coz la its an M3 Evo 3.2cc with manual 6 speed!

Haha the love is the same regardless even if it's a 318i :love: ... only the pain is different lol ;)

Top Bottom