What u think is lacking on e36?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ELnino

Club Guest
emmmmNO child safety lock at rear door:thefinger:NO door open indicator on the meter panel

Less problem with electronic.

No power window problem.

No warranty.

NO HID Light

No Angel Eye

No DTC.

1. Too bloody noisy. Stupid Germans from yesteryear should have fixed the cabin noise or included a Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen sound system in the car together with all the peripherals, for free.
2. Trigger happy rear. Swings around like its a friggin station wagon, usually without a chance of return la. Original ARBs too small.

E36 is missing good quality door panels and pillar covers. otherwise i'll still have mine :(

Thats a lot of lacking on the E36.....well after 15 years since l bought one...lm still very happy with my Junk E36....l must be getting old.

cheers

Maybe I'm lucky I don't know. But I haven't encountered any of the issues besides the pillar covers.

If you ask me about quality, I would say the E36 beats a lot of other cars of its age hands down.

Having own one before, I do not think the E36 is lacking anything when compared to cars of its generations.

In terms of engine specs, the E36 was way ahead of its time. Think about it, the 325 has 192bhp when it was introduced here in late 93/94. Which other cars have similar hp? It is also the first BMW to have multi-link suspension, as compared to the E34 and E32 at that time.

In the later 328, it comes with dual climate digital air con controller, ASC and etc.

In terms of parts, there are aplenty and it is still a great daily car in my opinion :)

Cheers

Lee36328, are you still keeping your e36? Im still keeping mine and l fine the old girl running as smooth as the day l drove her off the showroom floor.

cheers

mikoloh;533266 said:
Lee36328, are you still keeping your e36? Im still keeping mine and l fine the old girl running as smooth as the day l drove her off the showroom floor.

cheers

uncle.. how are you ... long time no see ..

For a car and technology at it's time and after all the fixing, the only think I find lacking is a rear aircond vent. The vent under the front seat are usually block by the carpet. Body roll, there are aftermarket parts available to rectify this.

ELnino;533158 said:
emmmm

NO child safety lock at rear door:thefinger:
NO door open indicator on the meter panel

Bro E36 is a driver car so the German never thought about the passanger and the child.
They only know how to satisfy the DRIVER....:rock::rock:

in a short while a sifu is gonna come here and say that the problem with E36 is that its not an E30...wait and see haha

ABC pillars are a PITA ...

Clove box cover never fits perfect after a while ...

The rest is good for me..

alipon@bmw;533304 said:
Bro E36 is a driver car so the German never thought about the passanger and the child.
They only know how to satisfy the DRIVER....:rock::rock:

I saw the owner's handbook page 26 Childproof safety locks wrote that - (Insert the master key in the slot on a rear door (inside lock panel) and turn towards the outside:The door can now only be opened from the outside) - unfortunately mine doesn't work.

loafer;533257 said:
Maybe I'm lucky I don't know. But I haven't encountered any of the issues besides the pillar covers.

If you ask me about quality, I would say the E36 beats a lot of other cars of its age hands down.

Agreed,..even beats some latest models..

Top Bottom