What is this amber triangle light??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nickyow

Club Guest
of late my E90 flashes this amber triangle light in my dashboard for a couple of seconds then it goes off! sometimes while driving...anyone knows what this is or should I be worried??

It means it just kept you out of a ditch!....in other words, the car thinks you're loosing traction and therefore intervenes to gain back traction and when it does that, it blinks the triangle to notify you of what's happening.

I'm guessing it's the amber triangle light for DSC and not amber triangle light with an exclamation mark in it.

nickyow;481269 said:
of late my E90 flashes this amber triangle light in my dashboard for a couple of seconds then it goes off! sometimes while driving...anyone knows what this is or should I be worried??

It could be:

a) your traction control is is mulfunction
b) you are driving too fast on slippery roads (e.g water, sands, etc)
c) you may need to change your tires :)

Haha... its fun to test the DSC system. I always do that just to see in what situation the DSC is on your side and in what situation, you are on you own.. :eek: My test result is DSC is hopeless during aquaplaning.. :eek:

You can switch off the DSC too if you are adventurous enough like me, just press the DTC/DSC button under the central vent, hold for couple of seconds until the amber triangle permanently lit on the meter cluster.. but make sure u turn it back on when it rains!! :D Leaned the importance of DSC after a near catastrophic disaster.. :eek:

Don't push the car too hard at a sharp corner when the road is wet, rear wheel drive cars are prone to be tail happy even when your DSC/DTC is on unless you are..........Michael Schumacher!

michael schumacher is too used to a ferrari, so he may not even have experienced that b4!! oops...he'll be behind a merc next yr tho...emm...

How DSC works..

[video=youtube;ncE-Vk7egRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncE-Vk7egRo[/video]

the DSC/DTC is sweeeettt. luckily i got it replaced after it went kaput last month. BMW gave me goodwill (since my car had past warranty period), otherwise had to fork out rm10k !! surprisingly, the day i picked up my car from AB, another E90 had the same problem...so guys, watch out (mine is '07 YM)

DSC is what makes the inherently tail-twitchy Porsche 911 survive as the longest living supercar. A lot of cars wouldn't handle like they do without it. What was the indication that your DSC had packed up?

mnas;482867 said:
the DSC/DTC is sweeeettt. luckily i got it replaced after it went kaput last month. BMW gave me goodwill (since my car had past warranty period), otherwise had to fork out rm10k !! surprisingly, the day i picked up my car from AB, another E90 had the same problem...so guys, watch out (mine is '07 YM)

Yeah it will be an useful information for us if u can share the symtoms before your dsc goes kaput..:top:

VKS;482882 said:
Yeah it will be an useful information for us if u can share the symtoms before your dsc goes kaput..:top:

yo man...basically, the 3 signs would just light u i.e.:
- ABS
- the circle with exclamation mark
- triangle with exclamation mark w/ circle arrow

...plus error message on the iDrive (for 325 Sports)

the whole DSC unit got to change, not just the controller but the hydraulic pump too. phew..

Top Bottom