Hand Break and ABS lights is ON

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nice! Recommended this topic to be pinned since it's a common issue faced by E46 drivers world wide. :D

Bro,how much it cost n where u did the repair works? Anyway is it possible for the engine to shut down during cruise(60-80kmh) due to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Since the issue is only related to the DSC and not the engine, there won't be any engine shutdown incidents.

Okay,what the different if the handbrake sign is in red colour instead of yellow?
Due to check with the mech tomorrow.finger-crossed it is only dirty sensor...

Does it turned to yellow once the handbrake is deactivated? Mine is red when activated & turns yellow once deactivated. Depends on whether your car is equipped with ASC or DSC, such error may be due to faulty wheel speed sensor, ASC module or if DSC equipped, may be due to faulty steerimg angle sensor, brake pressure sensor or the DSC module itself.

Currently,the warning light is in red color all the way.wether the handbrake is applied or not (during driving).

Start the engine today,no red brake light sign but the abs,dsc sign still there.going to check with the mech in a bit...
Thanks for the feedback anyway.

parc;765753 said:
Start the engine today,no red brake light sign but the abs,dsc sign still there.going to check with the mech in a bit...
Thanks for the feedback anyway.

When I have the DSC and ABS light staying on after I start the car, it was due to no reading from one the pressure sensor at the DSC module.

jarance;765766 said:
When I have the DSC and ABS light staying on after I start the car, it was due to no reading from one the pressure sensor at the DSC module.

Checked already! FL wheel speed sensor failure...goodlord,atleast not the module.
Will replace it this week or next mnth..

parc;765860 said:
Checked already! FL wheel speed sensor failure...goodlord,atleast not the module.
Will replace it this week or next mnth..

bro get it fixed soon coz you are driving without the DSC. If you cannot do it soon, try not to speed or you end up doing a drift..

Sure will do,thanks otai. :)
Even before this,max speed i normally do around 50-60kmh only.. :p

Top Bottom