Washing e46 engine compartment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jimi

Club Guest
Hi bros. i wonder if you guys wash the engine (e46) compartment urself.Mine is quite dirty. Was tempted to wash it myself but scared laaa something might go wrong!!! if you hire the carwash fella, they can screw up also if u go to wrong place.any tips or idea????? help.:top:

Never washed mine. All i ask the carwash to do is, blow dry it with air pressure and give it a good wipe...

Cheers...

Jimi;248158 said:
Hi bros. i wonder if you guys wash the engine (e46) compartment urself.

Mine is quite dirty. Was tempted to wash it myself but scared laaa something might go wrong!!! if you hire the carwash fella, they can screw up also if u go to wrong place.

any tips or idea????? help.:top:
go to your BMW workshop and ask them to send for wash, they know where to jet spray and where not to jet spray

dont play play..e46 not like proton.. car wash guy will tell you also. cannot just clean distributor then can start.

go to reputable/experienced service guy.

the 46 motor can be cleaned very easily.

but for motors, its actually better for it just to leave it dusty than introduce it to H20.

if you really want to wash it, spray a degreaser on to it, everywhere!
leave a few minutes, then rinse it all off. turnt he engine on so the heat will evaporate the water away. better yet, go for a drive!

then just wipe off the water spots.

Mouse;248209 said:
go to your BMW workshop and ask them to send for wash, they know where to jet spray and where not to jet spray

No need to wash dude just spray on the front engine part will do
Wash vulnerable to the engine compartment and electronic parts, beware same applies to all models of car even national car. Won't last you long.

hahahah...

you can wash the engines... no harm...but wash it when the engine is warm.. not after a hard drive..

When the car hasnt been driven overnight and the engine is cool, just use a wet cloth and wipe it all over lar. Keep rinsing your wet cloth and keep wiping until its clean.

That should cover everywhere that your eye can see. For the area's that your eye cant see, i cant imagine why you would want it clean anyways. :D

:top:
Thanks. I agree with Daniel. i saw the BMW fella jet sprayed the engine compartment like nobody's business. they were cool bout it..

they dun accept UDM which is not purchased fr AB. since my is imported not fr AB, they said NO !!!

i usually wash my engine every fortnightly to keep the grime and oil away from all your sensors..
if u keep the engine bay dirty, you will have problems.. trust me.. lots' of problems..

pussy;249063 said:
i usually wash my engine every fortnightly to keep the grime and oil away from all your sensors..
if u keep the engine bay dirty, you will have problems.. trust me.. lots' of problems..
the reason for keeping the engine bay clean is not only for look, most important u can see any leak immediately and take action, just imagine if your engine compartment is full of dirt and oil, u cannot determine which is existing leak that u have fix and where is new leak, if any. my engine bay is clean, hence, i can see leak immediately and send to workshop for checkup. also, try to have the habit to frequently look at the floor of your car porch for any oil or coolant leak after you have reverse your car, for your peace of mind

Refer to the AB mechanics advise. The only place that prohibited with H20 is on the top left and right corner area. You need to cover this two portion before start spray anything to your engine. It will cost you about RM10K each corner if damage. Please take note !

Top Bottom