Ulu Yam Drive

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JCKL

Club Guest
I was invited by Adrian at the IAD to join their Porsche Sunday Drive to Ulu Yam on 31/7. I met up with Adrian in his brand new Boxster S just before the Ulu Yam Dam, in the early hour of 6.45am (gotta get out of bed at 5.30am, on a Sun morning, darn! :D ). We decided to drive up to Gotong Jaya first without waiting for the rest of the Porsche guys as they're known to be fast drivers and would catch up with us in no time.The Bosxter S sped off quickily in the lead and the hot pursuit in my MCS began. The sky had not brightened up at this hour so we had to rely on the Xenon to show the way. The good thing is traffic is light and we had more or less the whole road to ourselves, like an open race track. The Boxster S is incredibily fast in the straight, I had to dig deep into the pocket of the MCS, by frantically swapping cogs, just to keep up. The saving grace is the suberb grip & handling of the MCS in the corners, where I could brake late, caught up with the Boxster S, and accelerate early out of the corners. I could really drive the MCS to its limit, without any hair raising moment. I could see the Boxster S, in two occasions, wriggling a bit out of corners, whereas the MCS just steadily hold the lines. An interesting sight was of the rear end of the Boxster S, which has a mechancal spoiler, which moves up & down according to the speed of the car, cool!We reached Gotong Jaya about 30 mins later, the rest of the group which comprised of 6 911s, a E36 M3 cabrio and a Mit Evo VII ( which I later found out that it has 400 bhp under the hood! :huh: ) joined about 10 mins later. Adrian complained that I was too close to him at the corners for his comfort :p , but he was impressed with the speed & the handling of the MCS. He probably didn't expect me to be able to keep up with him, let alone harrasing him in the corners! (sorry, Adrian! :D )The group then went for a hike up one of the hill, bird watching (real birds) along the way, before coming down for a real deserving breakfast. We then set off at about 10.00am down hill. I had a brief chase on the M3, but the traffic was too heavy and lost it after Ulu Yam when I was stuck behind a lorry for a while.Summary: The MCS make an ordinary driver looks GOOD! :yahoo:

Nice one Uncle5! Can't wait for Fraser's Hill. On Saturday I saw a new red Boxster S at Glenmarie with trade plate - the driver went onto the grass/gravel and kicked up a lot of dust. Hope that was not the Auto Eurokar staff taking the car for a "test drive".

sounds like a fun morning out with the experince drivers..of course lah all uncles..which 30 something can afford cars that cost more than half a mil..

Wish i could wake up early yesterday. but i was still in lala land.

Great one there bro!. Makes me wanna mod more but no more $$ le!

Pssstttt.............Unker5, my Kw's arriving this week wor. ...

Originally posted by Alvin@Aug 1 2005, 07:20 AM
Wish i could wake up early yesterday. but i was still in lala land.

Great one there bro!. Makes me wanna mod more but no more $$ le!

Pssstttt.............Unker5, my Kw's arriving this week wor. ...
Yes, wish you were there! Your 200 horses JCW should have no problem there, especially with the uprated suspension & brake. May be we should get the MINI guys to do a similar drive?

KW huh? When are you going to Simon's place? There's a my kart race thsi Sat, are you going?

I put my name down this sat liao. See you at the track!
If ok will go this friday or sat after the race. :D

Originally posted by Alvin@Aug 1 2005, 08:09 AM
I put my name down this sat liao. See you at the track!
If ok will go this friday or sat after the race. :D
Let me know, then can swap the spring! :D

haha...and so your car wont be bone stock anymore ah...

let the mods begin... :D

Originally posted by fabianyee@Aug 1 2005, 09:51 AM
this thread is for BIG TIME Mini Racunning.... stay away!!!!! :D
MCS! MCS! MCS! :D :yahoo:

:D wow!! pretty good for a car with 163bhp to be able to keep up with a boxster no less..imagine with the 200bhp conversion what the MCS could do!
masterclass bmw product!! i want one too!! :p

I would like to throw caution to all Boxster chasing aspirants here that the said Boxster S has only just covered 2,000km in its run-in program. Adrian is pretty religious about this, and if keeping up with a car which is limited to half its rev range is great, imagine when the horses have been let loose!

If I were to tell you that the new Boxster S laps Nurburgring at the same time as the previous Lamborghini Diablo, you'll have a fair feel of what its capable of. :D

Now if Alvin does succumb to the BBR racun and opt for the 300hp conversion, then that'll be something else! Remember Alvin, the BBR badge that's sitting in my drawer awaits your call :yahoo:

Top Bottom