Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mr.b: take some pics and email them to me and I'll resize and post them up.

See the first page of the BCM E9x pics gallery for more details.

Sneak preview guys....

DSC046472028Small29.jpg

Eibach pro-kit installed as well as front painted splitters. Car is being zaino'd now, picking up this evening. Sunday was a busy day :D

Pics and write up to come.

What's left to do?

Within the next few weeks
-strut bar
-OEM rear spoiler (still deciding)
-M-tech rear bumper (OEM or replica)

Wish list: Koni FSDs, H&R Sway bars, 19" Gunmetal finish CSL wheels and non-RFTs (hopefully all by this fall) :rolleyes:

KL2DC;212254 said:
Sneak preview guys....Eibach pro-kit installed
It's more like a teaser pic, KL2DC ..... as if we can all see the effects of the Eibach Pro-Kit from this angle:p :p!!

Equalizer;212279 said:
It's more like a teaser pic, KL2DC ..... as if we can all see the effects of the Eibach Pro-Kit from this angle:p :p!!

LoL

ok ok

I'm waiting for some better photos that were taken, as soon as I get them, I'll post them in our E9X gallery threead.

In the meanwhile :D

Pre-wash
DSC04645Small.jpg

DSC04656Small.jpg

DSC04657Small.jpg

I just got back from picking up the car, its fully zaino'd. Its not fully settled yet, I think so far there has been a 0.5-0.8 inch drop, it looks a little more lower than a Sport package equipped E90. It should be 1 - 1.2 inch.

David Yong;212297 said:
KL2DC, remember to let us know how's the ride comfort with the eiback pro-kit :)
David, I use lowering springs on my Naza Ria too and they ride absolutely great so I am confident KL2DC on a high-spec BMW will report favourably (racun :D racun) ..... the only compromise is on really bad road surfaces where some thumping has to be endured.

Still under full review guys, haven't given it the full spectrum of road conditions. Also, the 1 week break in period for the springs is not done yet.

BUT I will say this, I have no general ride comfort issues thus far. At this point, with limited mileage on these, I'd have to say they're just about 10 to 15% stiffer than standard i.e. only slightly stiffer. It does make the car feel 'sportier' I think, which is rather cool. I will not lie, however, there is some bounce with the stock shocks especially on higher speed dips and bumps. On lower to medium speeds, the progressive springs do manage to catch most of the bounce.

I can't say much about the handling at this time (still evaluating), save that there is a little bit more steering feel and the car feels a bit more direct going into corners. I think I'm going a little faster into corners for some reason, I find myself having to apply more brake pressure at my usual braking points.

I really only expect some reduction in roll, to have big results you'd need the sway bars and matching rate shocks.

On looks, the car looks great, so far is sitting noticeably lower than sport package E90s. I am quite happy with the aesthetics, its not too low to be a major pain but low enough to look sporty aggressive.

It seems BMW will be selling various OEM go-fast bits soon...I think E46 and E9X first, that's where the market pressure is coming from.

So far, early peeks of the upcoming catalogue show:

-Cross drilled brakes
-control arms
-performance suspension
-lightweight wheels
-performance differential
-intakes
-exhaust
-short shift kit

Also rumors of ECU reflashes :eek:

Of course all OEM mods won't void warranty and could be rolled into financing.

e99a7277.jpg

e99a7260.jpg

e99a7259.jpg

e99a7249.jpg

e99a726d.jpg

hey kl2dc,
i think this mod and performance part only apply to the US market only.... can we get them from malaysia...

beemers3;212986 said:
hey kl2dc,
i think this mod and performance part only apply to the US market only.... can we get them from malaysia...

If you have the part number anything is orderable...then its just the matter of the price.

pierreye;213204 said:
Anyone know where to get the original OEM shark fin antenna housing? Those selling in Malaysia in mod shop doesn't look like the real antenna.

Just get the part numbers from realoem and ask your SA to order them for you. I am not sure how that OEM part will mount on cars not equipped as such. BMW actually makes 4 different roof stampings (plain, plain-sharkfin, sunroof-sharkfin and sunroof -no sharkfin). So there are dedicated holes and mounting for the factory piece.

You might be better off ordering a quality aftermarket dummy shark fin.

hi kl2dc,
we do not have the performance catalog here in malaysia.... so how do we get the catalog???? i check with my SA they say they haven't even heard or seen it

beemers3;213250 said:
hi kl2dc,
we do not have the performance catalog here in malaysia.... so how do we get the catalog???? i check with my SA they say they haven't even heard or seen it

No one has it yet, its coming out in the next month or two...

hey guys...wanted to share my new mod on the E90...

I've been debating for a while but I finally went with the matte black grille set to replace the chrome grilles. I think I now have a continuous theme with the tints, blacklines and the black window surround trim. I also removed the other chrome bit i.e. my front license plate frame.

Before:

DSC00016Small.jpg

After:

DSC05131.jpg

DSC05134.jpg

Next on my list:

-Gunmetal or Hyperblack 19" CSL wheels
-maybe a front AC Schnitzer front apron/lip
-painted front license plate holder

If only I can do something about the amber reflectors and the bright white front plate *sigh*

Latest mod on my machine with Eibach Pro-Kit springs:

08062007003.jpg

08062007002.jpg

07062007.jpg

Next in my mod list are:

1) 8,000K HID lights
2) Hartge front lip only or full M-Sport Bodykit
3) ECU Flash Remapping
4) Blacklines tailight (still considering)
5) Koni FS absorbers (once my stock abs worn out)
6) H&R Sway Bars for front & rear

David Yong;221928 said:
Latest mod on my machine with Eibach Pro-Kit springs:

08062007003.jpg

08062007002.jpg

07062007.jpg

Next in my mod list are:

1) 8,000K HID lights
2) Hartge front lip only or full M-Sport Bodykit
3) ECU Flash Remapping
4) Blacklines tailight (still considering)
5) Koni FS absorbers (once my stock abs worn out)
6) H&R Sway Bars for front & rear

Hi David,
Nice lowered set of spring. Have u considered using bilstein (coupled with eibach spring). I've tried in on my old e36 n previously on my c class. The ride n performance was really good. I'm not planning to do any changes to my current e90 as it already comes with sports suspension. Your 3rd modicifation list which is the ECU flash remapping really interested me cause i've been doing some research but not many options out there for N/A engines unlike turbo. Wat brands r u looking into. I've only managed to zoom down to 2 brands which are superchip n G Power. The later isn't an ECU reflash n requires the original ECU to be changed. Superchip seems like the best to me but only gives 5-10% gain in bhp & torque. HOwever, the good thing is that its an ECU reflash so u can always change it back to stock easily. I'm not sure if the dealers will know if u had tampered with your ECU n warranty being void. DO let me know if u discover any better ECU remaps. CHeers. Its a pity that i couldn't make it for the meet up with u guys in souled out 2 weeks ago. Will be looking forward for the next meeting. :)

David, I'd think twice about the 8,000K lights....I wouldn't go more than 6,000K, you lose so much lighting range/brightness.

Some folks start off with the rear sways first, they say it makes a whole world of difference. Be warned, the install is not easy, the rear subframe has to be lowered to swap the rear sway bar.

I'd wait on the ECU reflash...like Ken said the 325/330 was quickly orphaned when the N54s came out.

Hi Ken,

Superchip & ECU flash remapping is totally different thing. Superchip where you will have to put the chip and this will void the warranty. ECU flash basically changes the program in the ECU adapted from the original program. The program basically unlocks the potential of the car's ability. This cannot be detected by AB when we send our car in for service or any warranty claim.

There is a thread about this offer y one of the forummer ; http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12099&highlight=ecu+flash

Top Bottom