Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
This was what the tyre shop told me. They told me this is the style 162s' rims for e90 330i and e60 530i but I also realise the finishing looks different when I saw the same rims on an e60 530i recently (two days ago) ????

Here a picture:

24042007.jpg

David,

E90 wheels don't fit on E60s and vice versa.

Actually your wheels look more like the Style 185s (standard on US E92 335i)

bmw_wheel_b185.jpg

or even E60 Style 124s (US 550i Sport package wheels)
ss124.jpg

...more than the 162s
StarSpoke162.jpg

...not to burst your bubble or anything like that.

BUT they still look nice on your car so I don't see a problem, does anyone else?

Guys, this was actually brought up in another thread but don't mind me bringing it up again here. KL2DC's suggestion to change my Xenons and foglights to whiter specs has caused me sleepless nights! I'm wondering if anyone here has done or thought of doing the same mod and if so, where would be a good place to do it and how much can I expect to pay?. This also includes the LED Angel Eyes. The yellow LED doesn't quite cut it on my Arktis and I can imagine the white LEDs looking phenomenal.

JP...

You need the D1S bulb for the main xenons

The fog and angel eye bulbs are just halogen bulb replacements.

They are all easily DIY-able. The only thing for you to ponder is a) color temperature (I recommend 6000K for a nice cool white), b) brand/make of bulbs and c) availability

I'll confirm with you the type of bulbs for the fogs/angel eyes, they're all different than E90 fitment but they're all 55w bulbs and iirc H7s and H11s.

Its easier to upgrade the angel eyes in the E92 over the E90s. In the E90s, the light source is fixed so one has to install an LED sort of device to remove the fixed halogen bulbs source/receptacle. They made it easier to upgrade the angel eyes on the E92, thankfully. Again, its just a bulb switch out.

I have been searching for the D1S bulb for my main xenons but can't find one yet here. Have tried Philips, Aura & Osram but to no avail.

David Yong;211488 said:
I have been searching for the D1S bulb for my main xenons but can't find one yet here. Have tried Philips, Aura & Osram but to no avail.
David,

Go to autofuture in Damansara Utama. They have both the ring and the upgrade on the Zenon bulb ..

Thanks so much everyone. I'll get E46F to take me to Auto Futures this weekend and update y'all accordingly. Any indication how much I should expect to pay for the upgrades? I think I need to upgrade main xenon bulbs, white LEDs for angel eyes and white bulb for foglights. E46F, wanna do this together since it would look nice on your SG as well?

David Yong;211470 said:
Aha.... Now I understand :) Thanks mate & yup I find it's nice on my car.

Yup definitely more like the Style 185's as KL2DC pointed out.... They are quite rare here and I haven't seen them on KL roads yet. So your ride is quite unique, one of a kind out there :)

Juan Powerblow;211548 said:
Thanks so much everyone. I'll get E46F to take me to Auto Futures this weekend and update y'all accordingly. Any indication how much I should expect to pay for the upgrades? I think I need to upgrade main xenon bulbs, white LEDs for angel eyes and white bulb for foglights. E46F, wanna do this together since it would look nice on your SG as well?

I don't mind tagging along, but will definitely opt out from the whiter xenons... The car needs to be pimped out to match the whiter xenons and my car is bone stock minus the chrome exhaust tip add-on (looks fantastic btw!).

You ride is lowered with 18's and very nice 5 spoke E92 335i rims, so it definitely goes better with your car.

I got a quote for Rm6k for the complete original M-tech bodykit for the E90 spraypainted and installed with the fog lamps (including trade-in of my original bumper bits). Is it a good deal?

E46Fanatic;211550 said:
Yup definitely more like the Style 185's as KL2DC pointed out.... They are quite rare here and I haven't seen them on KL roads yet. So your ride is quite unique, one of a kind out there :)

My E92 originally came with the Style 185s which I have offloaded to another forumer. I must say, it looks great! and I had second thoughts about exchanging it for 18". I couldn't live with the huge wheel arches gap on the E92 17"s though. But the 185s were elegant and yes, it's pretty rare in this country.:)

E46Fanatic;211553 said:
I got a quote for Rm6k for the complete original M-tech bodykit for the E90 spraypainted and installed with the fog lamps (including trade-in of my original bumper bits). Is it a good deal?

I think 6k is good deal as I was offered at 6.5k the other day.

Hey, u guys check it out the xenons bulbs at Auto Future and let me know how is it. Shall wait for your news again. At the same time I am asking my fren to help me to checkout from other sources for me too.

Now I feel more relieved and happy knowing that my rims are so special here in Malaysia. Hehehehe.... :)

I think the main xenon bulb itself will cost you RM 800 to RM 900. A fren of mine can get it around RM 650. According to him, it's Aura brand. Will try to findout more from him. So you guys checkout there and I will checkout my side here and then we compare prices ok :)

JP, on E46F's E90, the angel eye mods are a little harder. He'd need to get the PIAA or Brex kit (6500K).

Is there an LED kit for your angel eyes? Its just a halogen bulb swap as far as I know.

Something to keep in mind and based on my experience, if you have all your light sources in the same color, your main lights will wash out the angel eyes especially at night. I suggest you upgrade/match the fogs and angel eyes first and see how they go with the 4350K factory headlights.

I've done the LED mods for the angel eyes and I took them out after a while as it was washing out. I thought the standard yellowish (3000k?) stood out better. Instead I swapped out the factory fog light bulbs for 4350k units to match the main headlight and I've been happy with them.

dsc00768scs0siga.jpg

David,
Went to Auto Future to get my boot spoiler and the head light eye brow ..hehe..
The guy there (Eugene / Alan) told me that the price for the white ring is (i think) 600 while the zenon bulb is 1000 ++ (expensive coz the bulb comes with ballast attached to it). Full set of M-tech body kit is 6k. They got nice black breyton 19" rims...olalaa...

They got plenty of other accessories ....cheers....

mr B,

How much is yr boot spoiler and can u show some pics?

Agree w KL2DC that if you change all the rings and the main beam to the same color, u cant se the rings clearly. I like how the rings now stand out from the xenons and visa versa.

danc;211604 said:
mr B,

How much is yr boot spoiler and can u show some pics?

Agree w KL2DC that if you change all the rings and the main beam to the same color, u cant se the rings clearly. I like how the rings now stand out from the xenons and visa versa.
danc,

sorry no pics.I'm terrible at this pic thinggy ....the price rm 1200 incl painting. How it looks like ...ermmmm ...its the original BMW spoiler...at Sapura, they charge approx 1500..
if you go there...look for the rear window spoiler from Hamman..mmmm very nice...but the cost...shoot....RM2000 ++

Top Bottom