Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Very strange indeed. The high FC is an interesting symptom related to the oil loss. Usually indicates lower than normal compression and loss of power, but you do not get the rest of the symptoms related with oil burn. Also power seems OK.

Anyway, I found this interesting article on our N52 engine. It is indeed a technology marvel, and an engineer's dream.

Inside the N52

Lets hope BMW got the core design and concept right! Almost the entire lineup of BMW cars has the N52 as part of the engine options. Even the upcoming HPI (DI) variant (i.e. next generation N52) shares the same concept of block and materials design.

Every new engine has bugs which get sorted out in the first few years. As Rookie said, the N42 is probably sorted completely and won't be affected. The other symptoms may not be apparent if the compression loss is only in 1 or 2 cylinders in a 6 cylinder engine. It would be interesting to know what was the problem found in Macheet's engine - a design or manufacturing issue?

You know what david,
Dont fret. Its probably not going to be a major problem.
AB may not be too reliable, but have faith in the ultimate driving machine :)

cheers

Escalated the issue to BMW Malaysia (both Wolfgang the MD & Stephan Rausch the Director of After Sale) yesterday and got a reply from Stephan today:

Quote-

Dear Mr. Yong

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have already contacted the Service Manager at Autobavaria Glenmarie, Mr. Vigneswaran and he will personally be in contact with you.
To verify the exact problem, they have to conduct an oil measurement test and they will also address the fuel consumption issue. Mr.
Vigneswaran will explain the exact procedure to you, if he needs our technical support, he will contact us.

Please accept our apologies that we have not acted more promptly and be rest assured, that we will monitor progress with our partners at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie.
If there is any other issue you would like to discuss, please feel free
to contact me directly.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards,

Stephan Rausch
After Sales Director
BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd
3501, Jalan Teknokrat 5,
63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Malaysia.

Unquote-

AB service manager called me this afternoon to request me to meet up with him & Mathias Heimann tomorrow.

Let see how after my meeting with them tomorrow.

Glad to hear that BMW M'sia is taking action on this matter. They really need to crack the whip on AB who seem hell-bent on spoiling the BMW ownership experience. Do keep us updated on this matter so that other E9x owners who may face the same problem in future will know what to do :)

hi david,hope the contact i gave you works but keep the mail going in.... and make sure prompt action is taken..... by the way when u bring the car in you can request for a courtesy car. if you need to speak to him, you can call him directly in his office.... just make sure you get the special attention from him...

I got a quote for Rm6k for the complete original M-tech bodykit for the E90 spraypainted and installed with the fog lamps (including trade-in of my original bumper bits). Is it a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Hi friend(s),

Do you mind telling where exactly can you get M-Tech original body kit at Rm6K, I've checked with AB and they are charging Rm11k for the whole set....

Cheers....

David, I'm glad that you finally got BMW Malaysia to intervene. Their reply seems sensible and re-assuring. Do keep us updated and I also hope the problem is not as serious. The least Auto Bavaria can do is provide you a courtesy car! This also kinda incentivise them to get to the root of your problem and resolve it quickly. If they offer you a new car at "reasonable" allowance for your use of the current car, that doesn't sound too bad as well.

I was at AB this morning. Guess what..... very special attention was given to me as compared to the few times I went there. Immediately they attended to my car. They drain out all the engine oil (6.5 liter) and replace a new oil filter and then top up 6.5 liter of engine oil again. So what they need me to do is to drive my car for exactly 1,000km and then see them again for an oil measurement and do a scoping after which they will send the report to BMW Malaysia to get further instruction.

It will take me about 2 weeks to travel 1,000km and then I will send my car in again. They promised a courtesy car in the event it's really that there is a need to transplant a new engine to my machine. The changing of enine will take about 3 to 4 weeks. Will update you guys further.

Glad to hear the progress. However, I am really pissed about the fact that we always need to escalate things to BMW M'sia to get things sorted out by AB.

BTW, I can always help you to accumulate 1000kms in a shorter time if you loan me your car :D

rookie;226944 said:
Glad to hear the progress. However, I am really pissed about the fact that we always need to escalate things to BMW M'sia to get things sorted out by AB.

BTW, I can always help you to accumulate 1000kms in a shorter time if you loan me your car :D

Thanks to your kind offer :p

Anyone have the email of Stephan Rausch After Sales Director? I owned a sep 05 325i and found out my computer menu is the older version which doesn't have the system settings option (where you can specify driver or all doors open when press the door unlock remote, auto door lock option etc...). When I check with AB in Penang, they mention that software upgrade will not enable that menu too. So I wonder anyone in KL manage to complain and get the necessary upgrade?

You need to compare a ver that is manufacture pre-semptember 05 and post-september 05 to see the difference in the menu.

Just send the car into AB Glenmarie first and tell them the problem. They will automatically upgrade the software for you. Escalate to BMW Malaysia only if you have tried few times with no good respond. I feel it's too early now to escalate. Anyway, if you want, this his e-mail; stephan.rausch@bmw.de or you can contact AB managing director; mathias.heimann@autobavaria.com.my or AB service manager; viran@autobavaria.com.my

Thanks. I'm from Penang so I had tried talk to the service center in AB Penang. The guys in AB Penang is quite helpful and help me to claim for other items but they said that nothing can be done on the software part. So I'm just trying out to get a second opinion if this is really nothing can be done for pre-Sep 05.

David Yong;166629 said:
Hi fellow E90 owners,

Just wanna start this thread to find out what type of modification that you guys have in your new E90. Care enough to share. We start with sharing over here and then the next step is to meet up to view each other nice cars :) Posting of pictures are welcome :)

Let me start first;

Mine is E90 325i CKD unit MY 2006... with no modification at all now :) Reason for not modifying it is because of the warranty issue. Just worried that warranty may void the moment I modify my car.

I will be changing my tail light to OEM Blacklines and also installing the chrome exhaust tip. This will happen somewhere in January 2007.

Fellow beemerians
What I have done to my beemer so far::D

1. BMW Exhaust Tip
  2. BMW Rubber Floor Mat
  3. BMW Car Cover
  4. Clear Car Bra
  5. Engine Heat Shield
  6. ACS Roof Spoiler
  7. ACS Trunk Spoiler
  8. Non-OEM Eye Lid
  9. Black Liner Tail Light
  10. M Sport Steering
  11. BMW Carbon Fiber Front Apron
Next (70% probability):rolleyes:
  1. Wheels Options: 18in M 193/ACS Type IV/19in ACS Bi-Color
  2. Aluminum Pedals with M-Tech Foot Rest
  3. Piggy-ride power Chip Upgrade
  4. Carbon Fibre Wing Mirror Cover
  5. Scwatz B Pillar
Wish List (40% probability):confused:
  1. ACS Carbon Fibre Interior Trim
  2. I-Drive upgrade

megatnh, do join us on 14th Jul at Souled Out Desa Sri Hartamas at 12,30pm for lunch. We have quite a number of E9X owners coming. Pls refer to another separate thread on this meet up.

dave
thanks for the invitation.i ll be glad to join with the rest the fellow beemmerians when i m in town.
I m working in kertih terengganu ...

megatnh;227410 said:
dave
thanks for the invitation.i ll be glad to join with the rest the fellow beemmerians when i m in town.
I m working in kertih terengganu ...

No problem. Do join us whenever u are in KL :)

Meantime, post us some pictures of your ride lar...

Yes megatnh, do join us if you are in KL and do share some pictures of all the goodies installed on your car :)

rookie;227429 said:
Yes megatnh, do join us if you are in KL and do share some pictures of all the goodies installed on your car :)

fellow beemerians

got my front apron diffuser installed today, it looks cool to me:D . in the catalog it doesnt look as impressive ...
I will post some of the pics soonest , most of the accessories installed are pretty standard though. I have the ACS style trunk spoiler with sapphire black painted available if your folks are interested. I decided to go fo real AC after bought it

actually i visit kl almost every 2 weeks on biz trip plus the parent stays in kg subang

Top Bottom