Trade-in / Auto Bavaria

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seewai

S62B50
Dear 1-series owners,Has anyone of you had any experience in trading-in your 1er with a new UDM at any authorized distributor/dealer? Can you share your experience, eg price competitiveness, advisor's attitude, etc?What are the requirements for trade-in entitlement?Cheers.seewai

herbert;695738 said:
Wow, so fast want to trade-in your 1 er for ....M series
No lah. Just seeking some inputs and kind advice from fellow 1er owners who have been so quiet.

And since there're many comments about SA attitudes at different locations, for break-fix, buy used UDM and buy new UDM alike.

Just to share what I know, usually authorised dealer is only willing to take in car less than 5 years old AND less than 100,000km on the mileage. And their offer price is usually significantly lower than outside, they want margin for maintaining their used car section mah.

If the car is older than 5 years old but with low mileage then they will probably act as a middle man to arrange disposal to a 3rd party car dealer. The disposal is usually under company's name (with or without marked-up is unknown).

I got my current ride from AB's regular 3rd party car dealer. Age=6 years old but mileage is geniune at 77,000km.

IMHO, if you sell privately or directly to the car dealer, you might fetch better price. The case in Singapore is slightly difference whereby they have this COE system/scrap value thing leading to a straight line depreciation rate. So their authorised dealers can go ahead and take in all trade-in car knowing the minimum "guarantee" paper value. In fierce competition time, many dealer offer "overtrade" value, which add a few thousand over the market value.

Just for reference and information only.

morrogan;695783 said:
Just to share what I know, usually authorised dealer is only willing to take in car less than 5 years old AND less than 100,000km on the mileage. And their offer price is usually significantly lower than outside, they want margin for maintaining their used car section mah.

If the car is older than 5 years old but with low mileage then they will probably act as a middle man to arrange disposal to a 3rd party car dealer. The disposal is usually under company's name (with or without marked-up is unknown).

I got my current ride from AB's regular 3rd party car dealer. Age=6 years old but mileage is geniune at 77,000km.

IMHO, if you sell privately or directly to the car dealer, you might fetch better price. The case in Singapore is slightly difference whereby they have this COE system/scrap value thing leading to a straight line depreciation rate. So their authorised dealers can go ahead and take in all trade-in car knowing the minimum "guarantee" paper value. In fierce competition time, many dealer offer "overtrade" value, which add a few thousand over the market value.

Just for reference and information only.

You forgot to add that h car must be maintined by thm throughout. I am also under th impression that the car's age Is lower than 5 yrs

if u go to www.autoworld.com.my they have something to give the value of your car for direct sell by owner and price to sell to used car dealer. u have to pay RM10 for that service.

I used that before and used car dealer also know that price. For exmple in Dec 10, price to dealer was rm115k and individual sale was 128k. then u decide the price u wnt to let go.

also good if u want to bargain when u buy used car coz u know the dealer price if the guy sell to them....then u offer slightly more la but below the individual sell price.

Nuestro objetivo es revolucionar el sector óptico, que hasta el momento ha estado en manos de unas cuantas cadenas y que se ha caracterizado por unos márgenes altos y unos precios que no tenían en cuenta al cliente. Ofrecemos una alternativa las ópticas tradicionales.

Lunettes De Soleil Pas Cher

Lunettes Chanel

Top Bottom