Track Driving

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Reihen6Power@Apr 26 2006, 04:39 PM

It'll be nice to attend BMWs driver training programs when I come back to Malaysia for a vacation. :D

Do you guys have the drivers training contact details ie telephone no, address?

Happy Motoring

R6Power
:blush: This is forum policy..... :ph34r:

1.Brake test
2.Absorber test
3.Tyre test
4.Handbrake test
5.Donut test on DSC,ASC..Cik Siti...wahtever ends with ee.....
6.Zoggee's Two Fingers Advance Driving course...
7. Zodic Wifi Diagnostic Test.
8.ZGT one diagnostic tools..
9.Must pay Homeage to Grand MasterOf Hijacker...
10.PNDC is on Satelite Photo..so you must come.
All BMWs regardless of any model....must come to PNDC for inspection. ie

11.Zoggee Zh'ng my car Crash Course

all the monster cars..Calvin Tan,Alvin Always in the worshop 320i,Adliz,Teejay,E30ACSM40S3,Loneranger,Notty NECC,Wireless Junkie,OSflanjer,FabianM42(BabyM3),NikWawa Supera TurboMonster6,Kaiza618iCSi,Ding DingChavez E30CSL Type R,Sideways 750ilE32 , Breakpopo's South Africa FireBreathing M40B16i,Drag King Eldrow,Juanita Ready to Blow E46325,Flash The Sloth E34 and many many more have tested their car here...

Here's a satelite view of PNDC....what !!??? You think Low Ya ka..??

repeat after me.....

Come la..!!?? Scared ah..!!??

wuhooo.....!!!! :yahoo:

Aiyoh, Zoggee only speak in Zoglish. Newbies won't understand him at all. Can only understand once he drives your car, but he always tell people not to let him drive their cars!!!!

Originally posted by Reihen6Power@Apr 26 2006, 05:29 PM
Whats that suppose to mean zoggee? Didn't catch that
haha...good!!!

but please go read again.... :D

My car has got sports suspension setup and my initial assessment about my bimmer on the track is that it is a well balanced car with slight understeering.

The BMW brakes are one of the best in its class - consistent and good even after 15 laps!!

The only set back is the tyres....

I have tried driving on one of the forumer's car on different tyres and boy it made a difference.

No complaints other than that it could do with a good aftermarket racing suspension and tyres to give it a good rip around the track!!!

Hi Walrus_Lord

Nice to know that you're a fan of the 3 series as well. Which one/s are you driving at the moment? Is it also a manual?

Over here in NZ lots of people have a great hunger for european cars with a manual transmisson. And lots of manual BMWs are actually Singapore imports (Ex Singapore cars). Some of my bro's Malaysian buddies told me that I can actually get an E46 328Ci with a manual gearbox from Malaysia and export it over to NZ. Brand new car buyers over here mostly order their cars with the automatic trans.

R6Power

Originally posted by walrus_lord@Apr 26 2006, 03:44 AM
The BMW brakes are one of the best in its class - consistent and good even after 15 laps!!
15 laps? 15 laps?? 15 laps?!?!?!!?

OF SEPANG?!

... and no brake fade?!

Dude, you really have to share your braking technique here with all of us!

I suppose that could well be so due to the weight of the 2.0 liter valvetronic engine.

Walrus_Lord tell us about the upgrades you've done to your 2.0 valvy, I'm sure everyone would like to hear about them.

Would any 325i, 328i and 330i owners like to share about their track day experience?

Will be great hearing from you guys

R6Power

Alvin kor kor......??

:cry: still can't get over ur E30 la... :beaten:

every nite kenot sleep.... :(

but the brake sucks la... :p

Cheh, you guys just don't go quick enough... 2 big braking zones one after the another at turn 15 and turn 1; down from 220km/h+ to 80km/h-ish, how not for brakes to fade ah???

Back on topic...

R6P,

My personal experience with the e46 330/M3 on track is that they're very compromised. Much better as road cars. Too much understeer, not enough brakes, and they feel a little "fragile"... don't know how else to explain it.

Allow me to chime in.

Brakes will fade at Sepang. There is no way one can do more than 6 hot laps without the brakes gradually fading.
Been on a 360 modena, 575M and a bunch of other cars and this happened after 5 good hard laps. I'm sure with a more experienced driver then the brake fading would not come into play until later.
The one car that doesn't experience too much fade is a race preped Evo 4 that I got a ride in. I'm sure those guys from the Melinium Race can last a good 15 laps without any real compromising brake problems. The have racing pads, brake fluids and steel braided lines installed.

I think all street cars have certain limits on the brake fluids and pads so consecutive hard brakes will be a problem.

Originally posted by RedZ4@Apr 27 2006, 09:58 AM
Allow me to chime in.

Brakes will fade at Sepang. There is no way one can do more than 6 hot laps without the brakes gradually fading.
Been on a 360 modena, 575M and a bunch of other cars and this happened after 5 good hard laps. I'm sure with a more experienced driver then the brake fading would not come into play until later.
The one car that doesn't experience too much fade is a race preped Evo 4 that I got a ride in. I'm sure those guys from the Melinium Race can last a good 15 laps without any real compromising brake problems. The have racing pads, brake fluids and steel braided lines installed.

I think all street cars have certain limits on the brake fluids and pads so consecutive hard brakes will be a problem.
I have not driven a BMW on track, but any road car with upgraded brakes shouldn't suffer substantial brake pad fade or brake fluid fade..

Of course when you take a standard road car with standard brakes, be it a proton, BMW or Ferrari, i think it will bound to have early brake fade as the standard parts are design only for road use and not the abuse of repetitive hard braking..

The Proton and Honda track cars i driven have no big brake kit upgrade like brembos or ap, all they had was proper higher temperature brake pads and brake fluid with braided hoses and these were good enough for weekend track use or MME competition...

And for the proper prep up MME cars using full race pads and fluids, they won't suffer substantial brake problems as well with non-stop 75mins drive. They only start having problems when the pad is almost worn out.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 26 2006, 04:48 PM
Cheh, you guys just don't go quick enough... 2 big braking zones one after the another at turn 15 and turn 1; down from 220km/h+ to 80km/h-ish, how not for brakes to fade ah???

Back on topic...

R6P,

My personal experience with the e46 330/M3 on track is that they're very compromised. Much better as road cars. Too much understeer, not enough brakes, and they feel a little "fragile"... don't know how else to explain it.
When I was given a taxi ride in a souped up Lotus Elise by Mr. Ong, he did some serious braking ( Turn 1 after the 50 meter mark), without much fade, and I dont think many drives like he does!! Necc, to brake from 220km/hr to 80km/hr shouldnt stress your 4 pot brembo brakes that much....! Its how you apply the brakes la :D :D

I totally agree that my braking technique leaves much to be desired; however, I'm just a little surprised and pretty shocked that Walrus can go 15 laps of Sepang without fade on stock brakes!

Well, also depends on how many flying laps he was doing, it could be some "Sunday driving" laps in between :)

But Mr. Ong was doing 4 flying laps in the Elise.....another person who brakes as hard as him is eric, I supposed thats the proper way to brake and made me realised the importance of having a 4 point safety belt :D :D

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 27 2006, 11:30 AM
I totally agree that my braking technique leaves much to be desired; however, I'm just a little surprised and pretty shocked that Walrus can go 15 laps of Sepang without fade on stock brakes!
Eeric can do that oso mah..

The trick is to brake HARD and FAST.. and not hold the brake for too long.

I also can do quite a number of laps without much fade, except for the last round when my pads were almost gone. that oso I oso experienced it once, at the last hairpin turn. Can't reduce enuf speed, went into the turn with a little understeer then big time oversteer and came out sideways...

Top Bottom