E30 or rather 3series in general are more popular

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by vinceLIEW@Oct 26 2005, 01:15 PM
Yup Kevster,.. ITS AN E30!!!!
the thing that triggers me about the E30 was its inline sixers... not only that, its short wheel base and rear wheel drive couple with a 50:50 weight distribution plus its rigid chassis makes me orgasm man...
don't know much about its new E90 specs, i actually quite not like its look... particularly the view from the rear. kind of a bit ciput and a plasticky look on the rear lights....
Ehh? I thot it was the 4-potters dat had the 50:50 wt distribution. :blink: I was given to understand dat comparatively, the 6-potters wuz tail-happy becuz it's nose-heavy!!!:dunno:

Vince,

In the past 11 years, I have had the pleasure of owning:

1) E30 320i coupe 1984 (auto)

2) E30 320iSE coupe 1990 (manual)

3) E24 635 Csi 1982 (auto)

4) E46 328 Ci 2000 (steptronic)

My E30 manual still brings smiles to my face when I drive it!!
The E46 is great for daily driving.... fast, powerful, comfortable yet firm.....Notice I have skipped the E36 altogether.....
The E30 is for the weekends!!! There's so much more feel in the chassis and steering.
and the look of the E30 is indeed classic!

E30 rocks!!!!

huh..??? you guys havent whacked the 1 series yet... :) the handling is superb!!!!!!. :eek: muuuuaaahhh!!!!!!! :) :yes: especially the 120i. :)

but still regrets that I didnt donut the 645 cabrio... :cry:

Originally posted by scin@Nov 4 2005, 08:50 PM
Vince,

In the past 11 years, I have had the pleasure of owning:

1) E30 320i coupe 1984 (auto)

2) E30 320iSE coupe 1990 (manual)

3) E24 635 Csi 1982 (auto)

4) E46 328 Ci 2000 (steptronic)

My E30 manual still brings smiles to my face when I drive it!!
The E46 is great for daily driving.... fast, powerful, comfortable yet firm.....Notice I have skipped the E36 altogether.....
The E30 is for the weekends!!! There's so much more feel in the chassis and steering.
and the look of the E30 is indeed classic!

E30 rocks!!!!
.....Notice I have skipped the E36 altogether.....

Suthewarrior pls take note! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:D E30 is the car that have the aura, evegreen....and not boring looks......like mine........E30 1986 316 first model 2 doors.

old chinese saying: girl who sells flower will always say their flower has the sweetest fragrant........ ;)

Originally posted by bmwky@Nov 15 2005, 11:17 PM
old chinese saying: girl who sells flower will always say their flower has the sweetest fragrant........ ;)
Old Kevster's saying: "He who stirs sh*t gets to smell it first......"

Young guys (ky's) saying: Nothing beats the smell of fresh cow dung in the field early morning. :p

scin,

And the relevance of quoting Lt. Col. Kilgore from 'Apocalypse Now' is.........?

It just sounds more macho than smelling dung! hehehehe!
No relevance whatsoever! Something us OLD guys say to make us feel young! haha!

one of the main reason that the 3's are the most popular i think is that they are the entry level of the BMW family. we all grew up with the e30's and hearing spectacular things from it, my era anyways. i'm late 20's.
my dad is still holding his e30 keeping it ori. he even went to the extend of importing the 14 inch rims ori 'coke bottle cap' from s'pore. in a way i grew up with beemers and i think i'll grow old with beemers.

ed

Originally posted by tongsatriani@Dec 26 2005, 03:52 AM
Wah! All praises to e30...hijack a bit... E34 RULEZ!! :ph34r:
I started my BMW experience with an E24 and went up to the E36 coupe. And now I'm driving an E30, and I have to say, E30 RULEZ! :p (Don't miss the E36 a single bit!)

Top Bottom