Wta : Land rover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
saat;433867 said:
I inherited a Volvo S60 T5. I gave it up real quick cos the electrics were going wonky. I wake up in the morning, the aircon is running and I have the keys in my hand. It sprang an engine oil leak in Camerons and had to be towed back to KL because there was no one there who could do the work.

It is a real bruiser. Quick off the mark - it will beat any BMW comers except the M Machines. Very comfortable. But I cannot lipat like my 325.

The repair cost was phenomenal. The refurbishment, the oil leak repair and the work on the electrics, exceeded half the market value of the car.

Oh and that's the other thing - NO RESALE VALUE

To sum it up - "Volvo for Life and Afterlife". Pakai sampai mati dan sesudah mati. Volvo...Aiyah..hidup pun susah, mati pun susah. Wa tak tau sudah mati pun mau kena pegang bendera aaa..aiyahh...

So, let's skip the Volvo thingy.

Then the other alternative to Land Rover is BMW X5, Cayenne or Q5

saat;433867 said:
I inherited a Volvo S60 T5. I gave it up real quick cos the electrics were going wonky. I wake up in the morning, the aircon is running and I have the keys in my hand. It sprang an engine oil leak in Camerons and had to be towed back to KL because there was no one there who could do the work.

It is a real bruiser. Quick off the mark - it will beat any BMW comers except the M Machines. Very comfortable. But I cannot lipat like my 325.

The repair cost was phenomenal. The refurbishment, the oil leak repair and the work on the electrics, exceeded half the market value of the car.

Oh and that's the other thing - NO RESALE VALUE

Bro Saat Lexus is the safest:top:

Sorry, forgot Lexus but I always do, anyways. Same name as a biscuit.

But if Zam is willing to pay for a Land Rover. I think a Cayenne will be best.

funfer_fahrer;433818 said:
Aiks? I thought the car is good and maintenance wise always cheaper than a BMW. Nope?

I think for that price range, it is better to get Lexus RX350. Just add another RM50K. Very classy. Silky smooth 3.5 litre engine. Can still maintain its value after a few years. Best of all, being a contender for X5, it is not overpriced.

Forget the Volvo.......Go for the Lexus...there is a reason why ppl say sweedish are good in building planes only.

funfer_fahrer;433870 said:
To sum it up - "Volvo for Life and Afterlife". Pakai sampai mati dan sesudah mati. Volvo...Aiyah..hidup pun susah, mati pun susah. Wa tak tau sudah mati pun mau kena pegang bendera aaa..aiyahh...

So, let's skip the Volvo thingy.

You know why? you buy the volvo and maintained it in your lifetime, after you died still cannot sell so the grant remain your name in your afterlife. :wink:

bmwky;434044 said:
Forget the Volvo.......Go for the Lexus...there is a reason why ppl say sweedish are good in building planes only.

Who says they are good at building planes? All their planes are not considered successes.

They are good for supplying Au Pairs, Meatballs and Knock-down furniture

saat;434087 said:
Who says they are good at building planes? All their planes are not considered successes.

They are good for supplying Au Pairs, Meatballs and Knock-down furniture

They are good in supplying expensive auto parts:top:

Mikeong;434105 said:
They are good in supplying expensive auto parts:top:

True. I read somewhere the S60 T5 was surveyed to be the executive car with the highest maintenance cost.

But to be fair to Zam, lets go back to Land Rover.

saat;434107 said:
True. I read somewhere the S60 T5 was surveyed to be the executive car with the highest maintenance cost.

But to be fair to Zam, lets go back to Land Rover.

Ok let you guys judge a TD4 turbo unit cost Rm13K and a new tranny cost about rm30K:top:.Turbo by Garrett and tranny by Jatco

Mikeong;434164 said:
Ok let you guys judge a TD4 turbo unit cost Rm13K and a new tranny cost about rm30K:top:.Turbo by Garrett and tranny by Jatco

I can't believe that the spare parts of a car meant for farmers cost that much.:eek:

Top Bottom