Wta : Land rover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
funfer, Disco 4 already unveiled... if still wanna get Disco 3 , wait till Disco 4 masuk la... sure drop price Disco 3 waaaan.. Facelifted Disco 3 baru sampai this week at LR .. they called for me to test drive.. the last time I bought Disco 2 , i asked how soon Disco 2 facelift gonna be in..they said lama lagi.. at least 2 years, so I bought Disco2..mahal lak tu .. tup tup TWO months later announce masuk Disco 2 facelifted..and cheaper.. NOW, takmau kena CON lagi... I ll wait for Disco 4 ..gonna be the same price as Disco 3 anyway I guess.. Disco 3 now 398k .. pre reg sudah habis..were sold at 358k..not that a big deal but still 40k lah.. anyways...my Disco 2 is still going strong.. 270k mileage in 7 years ..pulling my horse in the float..to n fro Terengganu mostly n going to endurance race around Malaya ..so far the only major thing changed are the absorbers.. my engine is still reliable tho noisy like bus (BMW engine 2.5 Tdi ..got BMW logo lagi) n the rest still good for me .. .. take care of it on time and it will reward u with less headache.. same goes for our beemers I guess ... Disco 3 now is 2.7 TdV6 .. Disco 4 is 3.0 TdV6 ..

http://www.landrover.com/int/en/vehicles/discovery-3/Discovery_4.htm
http://www.caradvice.com.au/27786/2009-land-rover-discovery-4-revealed/

looks as luxurious as a Rangie.. but more worth it coz it is a full 7 seater.. and cheaper too ..

nazrie;432445 said:
funfer, Disco 4 already unveiled... if still wanna get Disco 3 , wait till Disco 4 masuk la... sure drop price Disco 3 waaaan.. Facelifted Disco 3 baru sampai this week at LR .. they called for me to test drive.. the last time I bought Disco 2 , i asked how soon Disco 2 facelift gonna be in..they said lama lagi.. at least 2 years, so I bought Disco2..mahal lak tu .. tup tup TWO months later announce masuk Disco 2 facelifted..and cheaper.. NOW, takmau kena CON lagi... I ll wait for Disco 4 ..gonna be the same price as Disco 3 anyway I guess.. Disco 3 now 398k .. pre reg sudah habis..were sold at 358k..not that a big deal but still 40k lah.. anyways...my Disco 2 is still going strong.. 270k mileage in 7 years ..pulling my horse in the float..to n fro Terengganu mostly n going to endurance race around Malaya ..so far the only major thing changed are the absorbers.. my engine is still reliable tho noisy like bus (BMW engine 2.5 Tdi ..got BMW logo lagi) n the rest still good for me .. .. take care of it on time and it will reward u with less headache.. same goes for our beemers I guess ... Disco 3 now is 2.7 TdV6 .. Disco 4 is 3.0 TdV6 ..

http://www.landrover.com/int/en/vehicles/discovery-3/Discovery_4.htm
http://www.caradvice.com.au/27786/2009-land-rover-discovery-4-revealed/

looks as luxurious as a Rangie.. but more worth it coz it is a full 7 seater.. and cheaper too ..

I am invited for Volvo XC60 test drive tomorrow. You reckon the price for XC90 going to drop? He he..Disco 4 I don't want. I want Dico 3.

Mikeong;432317 said:
You kaki offroad kot

Purely road use. I have Disco TD5 Series II pocket headlight.

Point to note, this is a brand new car, never go off-road and mileage only 70k!.

Refer to all the work done to the car:

(*take note that each parts component NORMALLY NOT LESS than RM800 and it is almost impossible to get from kedai potong. Also 99% of the time, the car is in cover car park day/night and at home to ensure the car did not reput....)

Year 1-3 (under warranty)
1) Adjust rear door (pintu senget)
2) Replace fuel tank (tank kemek due to installation/quality issue)
3) Replace ignition key
4) Replace water hose from front to rear
5) Replace Fuel Regulator Hose X2
6) Replace Door Handle
7) Replace Rear Brake light (quality issue)
8) Seal windscreen – Still not resolve (Water leaking in during rain)
9) Replace air filter housing (Housing REPUT !)
10) Tune Engine CPU >10x
11) Replace Gearbox controller
12) Car Audio sound change from left to right to left again after driving through uneven road , fix 4 times but never get resolve...give up already
13) Change Engine gaskets, Oil sum gasket, gearbox gasket due to leaking

Year 4
1) Replace Fuel Pump x2
2) Replace rear door locking mechanism
3) Replace Gearbox switch

To be replace/work
1) Fix Turbo leaking
2) Replace ignition key
3) Replace roof fabric (roof falling down)
4) Fix the roof leaking (Water come in through roof railing, roof gutter and windscreen...its like hujan in the car now.
5) Change engine mounting/gearbox mounting (car shake badly now)
6) Fix the dashboard (dashboard already goyang2)
7) Fix 3rd row seat (stuck, cannot fold down)
8) Change wiper (wiper need to change every year because the rubber reput)
9) Replace all 4 absorber

I ALREADY GIVE UP WITH THIS CAR and try my best not to drive this car. We always drive Kembara and Kembara did not give many headache/problem. I dont think BMW X series or Mers ML have so much issue like LR.

Just to add on...some of the parts we need to buy when we travel to UK to save between RM300-RM500 per part !

Also LR Malaysia do not keep many parts and they will take between 3-6 weeks to order.

funfer_fahrer;432454 said:
I am invited for Volvo XC60 test drive tomorrow. You reckon the price for XC90 going to drop? He he..Disco 4 I don't want. I want Dico 3.

Disco 3 has some issues with its air suspensions

safrul;432602 said:
Purely road use. I have Disco TD5 Series II pocket headlight.

Point to note, this is a brand new car, never go off-road and mileage only 70k!.

Refer to all the work done to the car:

(*take note that each parts component NORMALLY NOT LESS than RM800 and it is almost impossible to get from kedai potong. Also 99% of the time, the car is in cover car park day/night and at home to ensure the car did not reput....)

Year 1-3 (under warranty)
1) Adjust rear door (pintu senget)
2) Replace fuel tank (tank kemek due to installation/quality issue)
3) Replace ignition key
4) Replace water hose from front to rear
5) Replace Fuel Regulator Hose X2
6) Replace Door Handle
7) Replace Rear Brake light (quality issue)
8) Seal windscreen – Still not resolve (Water leaking in during rain)
9) Replace air filter housing (Housing REPUT !)
10) Tune Engine CPU >10x
11) Replace Gearbox controller
12) Car Audio sound change from left to right to left again after driving through uneven road , fix 4 times but never get resolve...give up already
13) Change Engine gaskets, Oil sum gasket, gearbox gasket due to leaking

Year 4
1) Replace Fuel Pump x2
2) Replace rear door locking mechanism
3) Replace Gearbox switch

To be replace/work
1) Fix Turbo leaking
2) Replace ignition key
3) Replace roof fabric (roof falling down)
4) Fix the roof leaking (Water come in through roof railing, roof gutter and windscreen...its like hujan in the car now.
5) Change engine mounting/gearbox mounting (car shake badly now)
6) Fix the dashboard (dashboard already goyang2)
7) Fix 3rd row seat (stuck, cannot fold down)
8) Change wiper (wiper need to change every year because the rubber reput)
9) Replace all 4 absorber

I ALREADY GIVE UP WITH THIS CAR and try my best not to drive this car. We always drive Kembara and Kembara did not give many headache/problem. I dont think BMW X series or Mers ML have so much issue like LR.

I think nasib you tak baik . My friends disco 3 does not have so much issues only the abs light keep coming out.I must say that the LR service in PJ su..ks big time.

Mikeong;433132 said:
I think nasib you tak baik . My friends disco 3 does not have so much issues only the abs light keep coming out.I must say that the LR service in PJ su..ks big time.

ABS light keep coming up? err thats normal...you can see ABS light and gearbox multifunction light blinking due to sensor problem or maybe really a problem..

hahaha ..sux big time....but do i have a choice? even ATM also send their defender to Land rover pj

Mikeong;433120 said:
Disco 3 has some issues with its air suspensions

Maybe what they can do is to replace the air suspensions to normal coil springs...

Like the older generation land rover, the car air suspension build by British Aerospace (BAe) cannot last long due to Malaysian uneven road, dusty air and very hot environment.

What Land Rover PJ suggest is to throw away the BAe suspension and replace with traditional suspension.

funfer_fahrer;432454 said:

Hows the XC60? saw it in Federal Auto PJ....but didnt test drive..is it better than Freelander 2 or X3?

safrul;433492 said:
ABS light keep coming up? err thats normal...you can see ABS light and gearbox multifunction light blinking due to sensor problem or maybe really a problem..

hahaha ..sux big time....but do i have a choice? even ATM also send their defender to Land rover pj

You are right Saiful no choice. I just hate sometimes the way they threat customers and as i know some loaded fellas will give 50 bucks to the mechanics just to make sure they do an excelent work.That is a very bad practice.Anyway love the car.ATM from trengganu also drive the defender all the way just to service in PJ:stupid:

safrul;433496 said:
Hows the XC60? saw it in Federal Auto PJ....but didnt test drive..is it better than Freelander 2 or X3?

Still haven't test the car yet. Can't find the time. Here's the technical spec. On paper it looks great. Six cylinder 3.2 litre turbo! If it's made in Germany, my E39 is history.

Engine Name T6 AWD
Engine Type Description Six-cylinder turbo charged petrol
Power Train All wheel drive
Number of cylinders 6
Engine Displacement 2953 cc
Engine Bore 82 mm
Engine Stroke 93,2 mm
Max Engine Power 210 kW
Horsepower 285 hp
Horsepower rev 5600 rpm
Torque 400 Nm
Torque rev 1500 - 4800 rpm
Fuel type Petrol
PerformanceAcceleration (0-100)
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 7,5 s
Maximum speed
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 225 km/h
Fuel consumption (city)
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 1 l/100km
Fuel consumption (highway)
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 1 l/100km
Fuel consumption (mixed)
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 11,9 l/100km
Emissions CO2
Six-speed Geartronic transmission 284 g/km
CapacityFuel Capacity 70 l
Cargo Capacity 873 kg
Towing Capacity 750 kg
WeightsServing Weight 1 kg
Total Weight 1 kg
Roof max load 100 kg
Exterior DimensionsHeight 1713 mm
Length 4628 mm
Width 1891 mm
Width inc Mirrors 2142 mm
Wheel base 2774 mm
Track Front 1632 mm
Track Rear 1586 mm
Turning Circle 11,9 m
Interior DimensionsHead Room Front 990 mm
Head Room Rear 1003 mm
Shoulder Room Front 1439 mm
Shoulder Room Rear 1403 mm
Leg Room Front 1047 mm
Leg Room Rear 924 mm
Hip Room Front 1377 mm
Hip Room Rear 1367 mm
MiscEnvironmental Classification

volvo???

huh... a real for life car. maintenance also cost me a life... i am using xc90 and given a choice, volvo will be the last car that i want to use now. unless it is a company maintained car

zamtresco;433815 said:
volvo???

huh... a real for life car. maintenance also cost me a life... i am using xc90 and given a choice, volvo will be the last car that i want to use now. unless it is a company maintained car

Looks like Regret for Life.

zamtresco;433815 said:
volvo???

Aiks? I thought the car is good and maintenance wise always cheaper than a BMW. Nope?

I think for that price range, it is better to get Lexus RX350. Just add another RM50K. Very classy. Silky smooth 3.5 litre engine. Can still maintain its value after a few years. Best of all, being a contender for X5, it is not overpriced.

I inherited a Volvo S60 T5. I gave it up real quick cos the electrics were going wonky. I wake up in the morning, the aircon is running and I have the keys in my hand. It sprang an engine oil leak in Camerons and had to be towed back to KL because there was no one there who could do the work.

It is a real bruiser. Quick off the mark - it will beat any BMW comers except the M Machines. Very comfortable. But I cannot lipat like my 325.

The repair cost was phenomenal. The refurbishment, the oil leak repair and the work on the electrics, exceeded half the market value of the car.

Oh and that's the other thing - NO RESALE VALUE

Top Bottom