Tinting films

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

markx85

Club Guest
Hey guys,I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I am just wondering what type of tint films are you guys placing for your F30 monster? The SA is recommending me to get Wingard Royale.Thanks!

Nice, how much does this cost if you don't mind me asking? Anyone experienced llumar diamond 6 or wingard royale?

My 328i will come with V Kool Security. Its gonna be complimentary, so I don't really need to think about it. I use it on my current vehicle, my dad uses it on his. No complains.

Jason

May I recommend tint garage, which is located at the Strand, Kota Damansara. They provide excellent safety films at an affordable rate. I can't give you a price quote because I purchased my tint during a groupon promotion.

Why don't you drop by and see what they can do for you. If I recall correctly, the tint comes with a 7 year warranty, and is JPJ Compliant. If JPJ fines you, they claim they will pay the fine.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
-HypoG

P.S. About V Kool, a long time ago I remember reading somewhere that VKOOL films have difficulty getting smart tag detected, and as such they cut a small portion of the tint at one section to place smart tag.

Perhaps this was an older problem that has since been rectified, and I'm not aware.

I am not trying to give V Kool a free plug, but I have no issues with smart tag or garage shutter remote. My car was done 4 yrs ago.

Jason

I've had V-Kool on several cars dating back almost 10 years now. There were issues with smart tag earlier on but it's better now but not completely gone compared to the other tings. Not sure if they changed the V-Kool or improved the toll gates. My smart tag hasn't changed though :D and after going through several different tints on different cars, I'm still going back to V-Kool as the best in heat rejection IMO.

Huper Optik is a good alternative as ceramic films do not interfere with Smart Tag at all. Got mine for RM1.5k for Ceramic C40 all round. Heat rejection been great for the price I paid. Pretty dark as well & still legal.

Fadhlan;755143 said:
Huper Optik is great. I concur with wingzee

Me too agree....been using them for the last couple of years...great heat rejection...definitely a brand for consideration and I heard these days tinting is getting cheaper and cheaper due to stiff competition...

Thanks for the advise sifu's i guess I would go for either huper optik or llumar diamond6

Hi just saw this thread and am interested in tinting a new F10 Im getting. Quill is reccomending the Llumar diamond 6 but its pretty steep at RM3100. How much does huper optik cost and what shade is it? Looking for something to go with a black exterior.
Any advice from forumers?

3M crystalline is great. RM1600 for whole car, original price RM3200. The only problem is that it is not smart tag friendly.

Was offered a complimentary tint choice of either 3M ST50 or Vkool Cool. SA claimed both are security tint films but checked no details about ST50 as security film, and no such range for Vkool.

Any pro can advise?

honey282;800373 said:
Was offered a complimentary tint choice of either 3M ST50 or Vkool Cool. SA claimed both are security tint films but checked no details about ST50 as security film, and no such range for Vkool.

Any pro can advise?

I opt for Vkool, but I wasn't sure what is the product name, didn't ask. below is link to Vkool website, I'm guessing they refer to Vkool secure.

http://www.v-kool.com.my/Content/automotive/product-catalogue.htm

Haiyo....why stress yourselves and let the SA makan your hard earn money as his commission???PM me and i talk to www.SWCC.com.my to give you LLumar Security Flim of your choice and you pay exactly the price of the Film and no one makan commission from your money.
You can ask anyone or google, LLumar is best known for Security Film in the World, works with your smart tag and you will have a 5 Years Warranty.:rock:

Val101;800391 said:
Haiyo....why stress yourselves and let the SA makan your hard earn money as his commission???PM me and i talk to www.SWCC.com.my to give you LLumar Security Flim of your choice and you pay exactly the price of the Film and no one makan commission from your money.
You can ask anyone or google, LLumar is best known for Security Film in the World, works with your smart tag and you will have a 5 Years Warranty.:rock:

For my case, the tint is complimentary FOC.
:p

Top Bottom