The F10 Key Fob

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xero200

Club Guest
Just realized that the f10 key fob could fold the windows with the lock button held depressed for more than a second. What's more, the windows could also be automatically wound up or down with lock and unlock held depressed as well. Sorry if I sounded neanderthal, but this pretty neat trick was only discovered today!

xero200;639090 said:
Just realized that the f10 key fob could fold the windows with the lock button held depressed for more than a second. What's more, the windows could also be automatically wound up or down with lock and unlock held depressed as well. Sorry if I sounded neanderthal, but this pretty neat trick was only discovered today!

I'm guessing this is fold the side mirrors? How can you fold windows? Hehe

Btw auto wound up or down side windows with lock and unlock buttons has been the standard feature since the E39's long time ago. Not sure E34 has it or not though. The side mirrors wasn't folding with E39 though using the key.

Huh? Also can fold side mirror ka? I own E60 for 6 months now .. but dunno how to fold side mirror .. which button need to press? Window up and down already discover .. ;P

F10 can fold side mirrors, wind down/up windows. I like to fold side mirrors with key fob as when u unlock door, it will unfold the side mirror at the same time. Looks cool.
E90 cannot do any of it sadly.

ya, the annoying part is it needs to be pressed a tad longer.

haywire;639099 said:
I'm guessing this is fold the side mirrors? How can you fold windows? Hehe

Btw auto wound up or down side windows with lock and unlock buttons has been the standard feature since the E39's long time ago. Not sure E34 has it or not though. The side mirrors wasn't folding with E39 though using the key.

Ooops! Yes, folding of the SIDE MIRRORS! I must apologize for my errant use of terms! Looks like not every F10 owner's aware of the full potential of the key fob. I had to find out a lot about the car myself since it's a recond and the sales guy had no clue what options were loaded with the car, but I'd expect AB/Ingress/Quill to have educated their customers upon delivery of the F10?

They should just incorporate an option in the iDrive to auto fold/unfold the mirrors along with the door locks. Just like they let us choose whether to unlock just the driver's door or all doors, or to auto lock after we drive off.

Silverado;639365 said:
They should just incorporate an option in the iDrive to auto fold/unfold the mirrors along with the door locks. Just like they let us choose whether to unlock just the driver's door or all doors, or to auto lock after we drive off.

100% agreed with u, Bro. Pressing on the button seem too long for me but definitely a good feature if not in hurry

Silverado;639365 said:

Reading on the other forums, BMW could've done that with the older model such as the E39, the information is already there as being done with third party hardware tapping the info from the BMW i-Bus to do the side mirror folding. From what I understand BMW didn't include this option to reduce motor wear on the side mirrors by folding and unfolding every we open/close the car.

Yeah, I was looking for it in iDrive but it wasn't there. I think the Audi MMI has this feature on its options list...

Stuff like this is normally coded to the car. Like our E39, a lot of the stuff can be coded with BMW scanner 1.4 (for example).

Do we really need the power folding side mirrors..? Do you guys fold your side mirrors all the time? I would not have it on my F10 as it does not come as a standard. I am a bit reluctant because I think it would be pretty expensive to fix it once its broken/ fails/ got hit by motorcycle etc.. i heard it costs RM8000 to fix it so i did not bother to order.

However, is it really that useful?

I always power fold my side mirrors whenever i park. If I didnt do that I wouldve lost my driver side mirror when somebody hit my side about two months ago, while parked. Nothing is really needed, but its a nice to have.

xero200;639278 said:
Ooops! Yes, folding of the SIDE MIRRORS! I must apologize for my errant use of terms! Looks like not every F10 owner's aware of the full potential of the key fob. I had to find out a lot about the car myself since it's a recond and the sales guy had no clue what options were loaded with the car, but I'd expect AB/Ingress/Quill to have educated their customers upon delivery of the F10?

Nope..... we learn it the hard way too

I always folded my side mirrors at traffic lights or traffic jam.hated it being startled by knocks from reckless bikers.Once side mirror of my previous ride being hit by a bus,shattered and dangling,only put back the cover and resprayed,become as good as new again.It is very sturdy designed to take knocks.I am thankful to have it rather than being startled.i am sure there are people who has heart attack from being startled..Imagine the head line.A BMW driver found dead bla bla...

DJH;639544 said:
hahaha, i totaly understood that

Lost count how many times i jumped on my seat and screamed holy s%#*t like a mad man while alone.I am sure all of us do unless your car don't have side mirrors..

Top Bottom