Super feature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alxy

Club Guest
Calling all electronic whizs: you know how the Jap spec E60 has that card reader thing (similar to our SmartTag I think) built into the rearview mirror? Was just thinking it would be cool if someone could figure out how to convert that to SmartTag compatible. You just need to slot in the TnG card (which I have tried, but it just gave error E03). If Japan works on similar system to ours, would already have the built-in transmitter/receiver already. Maybe just need to modify frequency or whatever.Any takers?

Hmmm.. alxy, that module you're mentioning about is the ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) similar to the smart tags. I too tried putting a tng card in there and the same error came out as yours. But if you press the eject button without any card in it, some weird numbers do come out as well.

Bro,

our technology is behind time lo... how to compete or used their hitech gadgets lo.. mine too cant be use lo..

I know they can't be used just like that. Wondering if anyone knows how to modify it to make it work like SmartTag? Calling t2ribena?

alxy;486747 said:
I know they can't be used just like that. Wondering if anyone knows how to modify it to make it work like SmartTag? Calling t2ribena?

bro...t2ribena sudah retire la...hahaha

not just freq, source and output encryption also diff...easiest way...dismantle the module and ur smart tak tag and swap the whole circuit...hahaha:top:

t2ribena;486839 said:
bro...t2ribena sudah retire la...hahaha

not just freq, source and output encryption also diff...easiest way...dismantle the module and ur smart tak tag and swap the whole circuit...hahaha:top:

Retired to enjoy V8 awesomeness instead :wink:

Bro, care to take on this mini-project? Will sponsor u a SmartTag to experiment on if you're willing.... :top:

He makes it sound like it was a walk in the park...trust me,it's rocket science.Anyway T2ribena,when are you making that trip down Kuantan?

Top Bottom